Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times

Advertisements

As the yrs went on more info became available about the death of elvis presley. This is intresting reading + the last photo of elvis alive (8/16/77) is printed.
Elvis's music is timeless. Three of my many favorite songs are kentucky rain, burning love & suspicious minds.
http://www.king-elvis-presley.de/htm...eathelvis.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Elvis was a legend, A true talent and his music was indeed timeless. It is unfortunate he was a mess in his last days. I think if he had taken care of himself not only would he have still been performing but would have evolved musically to influence yet more generations.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
As the yrs went on more info became available about the death of elvis presley. This is intresting reading + the last photo of elvis alive (8/16/77) is printed.
Elvis's music is timeless. Three of my many favorite songs are kentucky rain, burning love & suspicious minds.
Elvis Presley Death - Elvis Funeral Autopsy Photos DVD Elvisdeath
Elvis probably went out and ate to many 'Fried Peanut & Banana' sandwiches the night before causing severe angina which led to his heart attack. He was noted for going out in the middle of the night to a restaurant that served them. Amazing this was his last photo of him driving going home in the early morning hours of the day he died.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,262,618 times
Here's a tune about Elvis ("T.C.B. Yodel #9", written by Robert S. Field), performed by Webb Wilder and Ted Roddy in the movie "Horror Hayride":

Webb Wilder Elvis Is The King.mpg - YouTube

Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Elvis was a legend, A true talent and his music was indeed timeless. It is unfortunate he was a mess in his last days. I think if he had taken care of himself not only would he have still been performing but would have evolved musically to influence yet more generations.

He was also surrounded with "yes men" who enabled his self-destructive ways. So were Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, and other greater or lesser celebrities.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
My family was a huge Elvis fan, I remember mom crying when he died. My first date with a girl I liked was to take her to see Elvis in concert. Wow did that turn out to be a great first date!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
He was also surrounded with "yes men" who enabled his self-destructive ways. So were Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, and other greater or lesser celebrities.
I agree, great point. Someone said once that when someone hits it big be it a lotto jackpot or something else they get 2 sets of phone calls-One from their old friends:

And many from their new friends.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
I always thought it was a drug overdose.

Instead, it's reported as heart failure.

What's the REAL story? He was reportedly doing a lot of liquor and drugs toward the end.

I was never a fan, but he did have a fan base.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I always thought it was a drug overdose.

Instead, it's reported as heart failure.

What's the REAL story? He was reportedly doing a lot of liquor and drugs toward the end.

I was never a fan, but he did have a fan base.

Heart failure brought on by years of drug abuse. I don't know if he was a drinker.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
I don't know if Elvis really died though. he's probly dead by now and I'm not sure I believe the conspiracy but it wouldn't be farfetched for him to fake his death. plus I listened to this guy on Youtube and he really did sound like Elvis but idk because how would he still be alive? he'd be way too old.
like I said not sure if I believe it because people are probly just wishful thinkers but I welcome the possibility of faking because we never met the man so we will never know the real story. what do you all think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities