Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
I DO wonder why she cut it so short, though. Now she can't shake her hair on stage; however, there's still her behind to shake.
She's always worn a weave so when she tours I'm sure she'll weave it up again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post

1. When guys talk about how women are jealous or "hate" a celebrity/actress/model, there are a bunch of things going on. Some mild, sublimated misogyny for one. A combination of psychological displacement and projection, for another. Basically, men who constantly make bitter remarks about women being jealous and hating this or that celebrity/actress/model are demonstrating that they have been rejected repeatedly by real women in their real lives, and so to compensate, they loudly proclaim that all these catty, ugly hags are just jealous because they will never be as beautiful or attractive to men as Beyonce/Halle/Coco/[insert name], so who cares because I didn't want your old/ugly/fat/jealous ass anyway.

2. To the people who posted that women are just naturally catty...well, that might be true in a generalized sort of way, but I have found that while women can be catty, there is nothing more fragile than the male ego. Dealing with catty women at work is a PITA, for sure, but the biggest crybaby drama queens in the workplace are the males with the fragile egos. But instead of "catty", they'd probably be described as "Machiavellian".

And if you're a woman constantly complaining that other women are ALWAYS catty and mean to you because you are a self-proclaimed total package (looks, brains, body)...sorry, but maybe you're just an a-hole, and that's the real reason women don't generally like you. Stop feeding into the divisive "women are jealous b*tches" trope.

3. Beyonce is not trying to be white.

First of all, which black women are saying this? Black women are jealous of Beyonce because she is trying to be white? It has nothing to do with "hating on" her success either. As others have already stated, the Beyonce "hate" has to do with over exposure and media saturation.

Yes, yes and yes!!

As for #1, I do get tired of how you can't just not like someone's art or music or look if you are a woman. If you don't, then you must be jealous! Oh you must be fat or ugly! No, how about I just don't like that music or look? Is that so hard to believe? I do think Bey is gorgeous, but I just don't have a preference for her music or to know anything about her or her life. I'm not going to buy Pepsi because of her, and I don't care about what her kid is wearing or doing, or her marriage to Jay-Z.

I've never known a black woman to be jealous or hate Beyonce either. They either like her, or are indifferent, or are just into a different type of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
She's always worn a weave so when she tours I'm sure she'll weave it up again
That's the thing about celebrity hair - I don't get the hype about a change because they change it again so quick. Extensions, weaves, color. It seems like a few weeks later they can change it up as if nothing happens. And I know anyone can do that, but I don't personally know anyone who would go that short but then add extensions or a weave later. Usually when someone goes that short they keep it long-term. But I could see her weave it up again pretty quick, yeah. I do like her short cut though. Don't believe I could pull it off!

Old 08-13-2013, 08:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureOpulence View Post
People are just jealous of Beyonce because she is winning and successful. Beyond is also mixed of Bahamian and Louisiana Creole descent. Her father is Bahamian and her mother is Louisiana Creole.

Black women and even black men are just bitter.

Haters stands for having anger towards anyone reaching success. Something black ppl need to stop hating on. They need to stop acting with that huge chip over their shoulder
This comment is beyond ridiculous.

Beyoncé's fan base is predominantly young Black American women, so are you saying that her fan base hates her?

Beyoncé and her sister Solange are the product of two Black American parents.

Beyoncé's mother and sister

Beyonce' and her father Matthew Knowles

Old 08-17-2013, 10:06 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Two of the most beautiful "black women" in the entertaiment industry are Beyonce and Halle (who's half white), yet, there seems to be more jealousy from black women toward Beyonce than Halle. Why?
Maybe they think "entertainers" who jump around on stage in their underwear emulating bump and grinding strippers don't project the image they hoped for where as Halle Berry is always beautifully dressed and classy. I think Halle Berry is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood and she has excellent taste in clothing.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
I'll never forget during one Beyonce documentary how her sister made the comment that dark skin girls hate light skin girls with curly hair. WTF??? I've felt some type of way about that family ever since. I bet Tina brought up those girls believing they were beautiful and superior because they were light skin.

That type of mentality is prominent in the creole community. My family still suffers from it today.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
didn't read.

but i skipped to the last page and spotted this lil' gem:

"...where as Halle Berry is always beautifully dressed and classy"

lmao, halle berry is highly overated and her acting ability is nothing special and if memory serves me correctly all she been doing is showing her breasts to get movie parts

she a good looking woman but i never thought she was bathwater drink worthy material like people make her out to be

i wonder what it is about her that repels men...

Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I'll never forget during one Beyonce documentary how her sister made the comment that dark skin girls hate light skin girls with curly hair. WTF??? I've felt some type of way about that family ever since. I bet Tina brought up those girls believing they were beautiful and superior because they were light skin.

That type of mentality is prominent in the creole community. My family still suffers from it today.
that's not a "creole" community mentality

that is a mentality that has been going on amongst black people forever

and it's not only blacks, i've seen the skin color thing with light/dark hispanics and amongst indian people (from india)

---

i been black for 35 years so if anyone needs me to elaborate then i will

but yeah, a majority of "dark skin" black women got issues that would take several pages to discuss

Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho it seems to be more a YOUNG lady thing; the ones over 40 mostly don't care IMHO since they don't have anything to prove.
The ones over 40 who had their egos overfed in their youth about the looks that are slipping away from them? Yes, some of them will lay the HATEration on thick. I've gone out in public in clothes that fit me very well since I've lost the excess weight, and heavier women look daggers at me as if they want to physically attack. But who told them start that love affair with fried butter and bacon cheeseburgers and 7 layer nachos and then get hooked? Certainly not I. When I catch them giving me hateful looks, I tell them: "Staring at me is not going to make you skinny"

Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How does Beyonce act as if she is a queen, she is one of the quietest artist out there, she always seems humble.

Do you conservatives really hate Barack Obama so much that you attack everyone around him ? why am i even asking this rhetorical question,of course you do. Look at all the disrespect you show Michele.
Yep! And you are who you associate with. Do you think Obama would hang with you? Nope, to him you're not good enough yet you still worship him fool

Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep! And you are who you associate with. Do you think Obama would hang with you? Nope, to him you're not good enough yet you still worship him fool
My question to you is: Would ANY politician hang with YOU?

I doubt that any politician (e.g., g.w. bush) would deem YOU sufficient for their company. Yet you probably worshipped bush.

But of course, this isn't a political thread.

Beyonce is about her business, and making millions. She is what she is: a beautiful icon. I have nothing but "love" for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities