Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember this guy?
He started the Guardian Angels, years back.
He was on the radio.
Turns out, he's not a very nice person.
Does anyone know what 'special needs' his son has?

Ex-wife files explosive lawsuit against Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Does anyone remember this guy?
He started the Guardian Angels, years back.
He was on the radio.
Turns out, he's not a very nice person.
Does anyone know what 'special needs' his son has?

Ex-wife files explosive lawsuit against Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa - NYPOST.com

Just because she filed a lawsuit does not mean it is actually the truth of the entire situation. Only those involved know the truth. What does it matter what special needs his son has? That should have no bearing on anything if the allegations are true and he did take the money.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
I saw him pitching used cars on TV recently, Seems to be a step down for such a prominent, Or at least formerly prominent NYC figure. As far as the allegations it's apparently a bitter breakup. He said, She said as it stands.

He was pretty awful in the commercial-His pitch was somewhere between Billy Mays and a wooden dummy.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM

I remember when he and Ron Kuby had a radio show. It was, at first, entertaining and informative. Then the station kept telling Kuby to tone it down. It turned into a very bland show after that and Kuby was asked to leave. Although they had spent years working together and had a good friendship for a while, when the folks at the station threw Kuby a goodbye party Sliwa would not attend.

From that, I could make a not very big leap and think Sliwa had been jockeying for his own show without Kuby.

Of course, Sliwa is an intellectual lightweight and could not survive a show of his own, so he too got canned.

I think this man is a common manipulative opportunist. His other ex-wife, Lisa, seems to think the same:

Lisa Did Not Marry Curtis Out Of "Love"

Nearly three years later, Lisa divorced Curtis after the Guardian Angels leader earned the title of “Degenerate Dirtbag” by admitting to faking manyof his early crime-fighting exploits for publicity.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
A friend of mine still jokes about the time Sliwa claimed that he had been abducted in Washington, D.C., and thrown into the Potomac River "like a sack of potatoes."

Old 06-02-2013, 02:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I remember when he and Ron Kuby had a radio show. It was, at first, entertaining and informative. Then the station kept telling Kuby to tone it down. It turned into a very bland show after that and Kuby was asked to leave. Although they had spent years working together and had a good friendship for a while, when the folks at the station threw Kuby a goodbye party Sliwa would not attend.

From that, I could make a not very big leap and think Sliwa had been jockeying for his own show without Kuby.

Of course, Sliwa is an intellectual lightweight and could not survive a show of his own, so he too got canned.

I think this man is a common manipulative opportunist. His other ex-wife, Lisa, seems to think the same:

Lisa Did Not Marry Curtis Out Of "Love"

Nearly three years later, Lisa divorced Curtis after the Guardian Angels leader earned the title of “Degenerate Dirtbag” by admitting to faking manyof his early crime-fighting exploits for publicity.
I remember that weird woman (Lisa) with the bad teeth and crater complexion. When she got a little fame as Sliwa's wife she started making TV appearances singing or dancing (can't remember which). Married him for the organization? Sure isn't what she said at the time. I'd say she was an opportunist.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I remember that weird woman (Lisa) with the bad teeth and crater complexion. When she got a little fame as Sliwa's wife she started making TV appearances singing or dancing (can't remember which). Married him for the organization? Sure isn't what she said at the time. I'd say she was an opportunist.
Well, maybe they both were. That's sometimes the case. Two people think the same, have similar attitudes about making a quick buck, marry, use each other and the relationship, and then when the other is of no more use to them, they move on.

How many times have either of them been married, I wonder?

I think for Lisa Evers, it has been once.
For Curtis, three, and he's working on his fourth.

I think the finger of dysfunction points his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities