Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
If no one knows who these people are, GOOGLE IT!
Thank you! That was why I didn't bother to respond to such an inane question. Many people who enjoyed the television series Sleeper Cell would know he was and he has done other noteworthy movies and television shows as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 12:54 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I don't get the point of commenting that you don't know who someone is. I constantly see threads about people I don't know...I just don't click on them unless I plan on looking them up. I don't get the whole concept of saying "who?" Unless you make a habit of walking around announcing you don't know things...do you walk into a cafe and say "I don't know what any of the food in here tastes like!"
Well said.

When Steve Jobs died last year, a guy I worked with (he's 23) asked "who's Steve Jobs"? I was completely confounded that he didn't know, but news flash, not everyone knows who people are. I did sort of make fun of him though...couldn't help it!

But as for celebrities, there are just so many people doing their thing that it's nearly impossible to keep up. Or hard to remember everyone's name, whereas you might recognize their face. I like hearing about these things, but don't necessarily seek it out. There ya have it!

Old 06-22-2013, 09:01 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I watch The Good Wife but I don't recognize him. What character does he play?

Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,361,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I watch that show as well and his face did not ring a bell for me. I looked him up on Wikipedia and it said he was on an episode in 2010. I had never heard of him either.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Oh, That's funny. So being" so and so of The Good Wife" could probably be talking about any number of actors who had bit parts!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
LOL. Micheal Ealy is a busy working actor who has starred in a number of movies/TV shows aimed at black audiences. He's also had a lot of mainstream roles. But obviously, people who watch a lot of black-oriented media are more likely to be familiar with him.

Michael Ealy - IMDb

So he's not exactly a random nobody, he is just popular among a certain non-mainstream audience.. because he can act, but mostly because he is FFFFIIINNNNEEEE.

Last edited by Tinawina; 06-23-2013 at 05:57 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 06:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
LOL. Micheal Ealy is a busy working actor who has starred in a number of movies/TV shows aimed at black audiences. He's also had a lot of mainstream roles. But obviously, people who watch a lot of black-oriented media are more likely to be familiar with him.

Michael Ealy - IMDb

So he's not exactly a random nobody, he is just popular among a certain non-mainstream audience.. because he can act, but mostly because he is FFFFIIINNNNEEEE.
One of my favs....

Their Eyes Were Watching God movie 6/11 - YouTube

Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
If no one knows who these people are, GOOGLE IT!
I did just that. Still don't know...

IT

Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Again...I still don't see the point of posting that you don't know who he is. Clearly you don't care because searching for his name would have easily resulted in a picture of his face. Maybe you guys just like to post so you boost your number of posts. He has pretty significant roles in several blockbusters, so even if you don't his name you will probably recognize his face. Michael Ealy is hardly unknown but if it makes you feel better to keep acting like knowing who he is is beneath you; have at it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
I watch that show as well and his face did not ring a bell for me. I looked him up on Wikipedia and it said he was on an episode in 2010. I had never heard of him either.
He was introduced in the season 2 premier as a recurring cast member and his character served as a focal point for several story lines.

Michael Ealy as Derrick Bond: A new partner in season 2. He plays Will and Diane against each other, forcing Diane to plan a new firm. He fails when Will and Diane find out his scheme and turn on him. In "Great Firewall", he is removed as a named partner.

The Good Wife - Ultimate Look Back - YouTube

Quote:
Oh, That's funny. So being" so and so of The Good Wife" could probably be talking about any number of actors who had bit parts!
He was a recurring cast member. So unless they frequently use random extras over and over again, giving them names & storyline then I don't think he'd be considered someone with a bit part.

Are you guys sure that you watch this show? Seems a little odd to watch a show and not recognize a recurring character.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,361,909 times
It was three years ago. I remember the story line now but still don't recognize his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities