Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh you people really upset me, as if obesity is the most important problem we have in this country....yes, it is a problem, however, right now there are so many more important things to address, and besides, if someone wants to be heavy, that is they're business. you people think you can continually tell others how to live...
your world must be very small...honestly, you need to wake up and view a much bigger picture....

the hate that comes out of your post, because of the food she makes is so un-natural....
and if she makes you so sick and angry, don't watch her....

do you know what the word allance means? Get your own house in order.
'Allance" sic what are you talking about? Any points you may attempt to make far from valid. As far as genetics? Well, that can be managed by nutrition, the same for diabetes, it can be managed by diet.

As I pointed out to you in tiny little words, her attitude towards herdisease and her medicating, taking the promotional deal and refusing to manageit with lifestyle changes soured me. I was never a fan, I'd rather nails on achalkboard than her screeching. She is a discredit to good food. No, gallons ofbutter and batter don’t make good food.

As far my own house, that is a pathetic jab on your part. It only revealsyour ignorance in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
when are people going to realize, we make our decisions in life. We all know or should how to eat healthy, we all know obesity is a problem like you say, but no the end of the world and most of us are bright enough to realize, she is an entertainer, she isn't playing diet doctor unless I have missed something. Georgaibelle is saying the same thing.

Even though, as I have said, I don't care for Paula Dean or her program, she got royally shafted and it wasn't just due to what she said. If it was, there are a lot of other celebrities that should be gone.
You're right it is a choice. However, as much as I hold Deen in disdain,Food Network is just as culpable. If theconduct alleged in the complaint is even remotely true that is no way to run abusiness. That is no way a businessperson or their investors, or employees should conduct themselves.

I read all 33 pages of the complaint, I am not surprised. The deposition Deen gave is prettydamning. They might as well break outthe checkbook and start writing. And ol’bubba should be put out to pasture.

Frankly I am happy to see the whole thing backfire on her, just by her sheerarrogance.

Last edited by SD4020; 06-28-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh you people really upset me, as if obesity is the most important problem we have in this country....yes, it is a problem, however, right now there are so many more important things to address, and besides, if someone wants to be heavy, that is they're business. you people think you can continually tell others how to live...
your world must be very small...honestly, you need to wake up and view a much bigger picture....

the hate that comes out of your post, because of the food she makes is so un-natural....
and if she makes you so sick and angry, don't watch her....

do you know what the word allance means? Get your own house in order.
If you think obesity isn't a big problem in this country, an important problem, then I am sorry for you.

As for what the word allance means, what does it mean? I looked it up, and it is not in my Funk & Wagnalls.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,652,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I'd fire her simply for her insincere & pathetic "y'all", and "all y'all" repeated over and over until it makes folks want to throw up!
I reckon you ain't got no love at all for Paula.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
I wonder if Quentin Tarantino will suffer the same fate as Paula.

Quentin Tarantino uses the N-word backstage at Golden Globes | Twitchy

Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
As far as genetics? Well, that can be managed by nutrition, the same for diabetes, it can be managed by diet.
It's obvious you know ZILCH about diabetes.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I wonder if Quentin Tarantino will suffer the same fate as Paula.

Quentin Tarantino uses the N-word backstage at Golden Globes | Twitchy
Of course not. He is male and not Southern; his newest movie is full of the n word.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Of course not. He is male and not Southern; his newest movie is full of the n word.
Quite right so is there another reason for the horrific backlash on Paula?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 PM

536 posts, read 829,827 times
Publisher cancels Paula Deen's upcoming cookbook. Paula Deen's upcoming cookbook canceled – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

Old 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Default You might want to education yourself before trying to accuse me of knowng zilch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Oh really? Like limiting carb intake? Refined carbs, starches and sugar? Why do you think they tell you to limit that sort of thing?

For your edification:
Diabetes diet: Create your healthy-eating plan - MayoClinic.com

From that article:

Quote:
Foods to avoid
Diabetes increases your risk of heart disease and stroke by accelerating the development of clogged and hardened arteries. Foods containing the following can work against your goal of a heart-healthy diet.
  • Saturated fats. High-fat dairy products and animal proteins such as beef, hot dogs, sausage and bacon contain saturated fats. Get no more than 7 percent of your daily calories from saturated fat.
  • Trans fats. These types of fats are found in processed snacks, baked goods, shortening and stick margarines and should be avoided completely.
  • Cholesterol. Sources of cholesterol include high-fat dairy products and high-fat animal proteins, egg yolks, shellfish, liver, and other organ meats. Aim for no more than 300 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol a day.
  • Sodium. Aim for less than 2,300 mg of sodium a day.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Diabetes CAN be controlled by diet, mine is right now. I was on Metformin for my type 2 diabetes and because I have lost some weight I am off, and myself and my doctor continue to monitor it. Type 2 diabetes, which is what Paula Deen has, is often see in people that have some extra weight as they get older. Diet has a lot to do with type 2 diabetes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities