Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
And can you say you've never heard a black entertainer refer to whites as ''honky'', ''whitey'', ''cracker'', or redneck''?

Because it's been going on for years on TV, movies, and radio.

None of them had their lives ruined over it.

Neither has Alec Baldwin or Mel Gibson.

Not saying it's right. Just that there is a double standard.
or Bill Maher
or John Galliano
or Don Imus
or Laura Schlessinger
or Asher Roth
or John Mayer
or Ted Danson
or Dog the Bounty Hunter
or Michael Richards
or Charlie Sheen
or Shaquille O'Neal
and not just a person but an entire entity - ESPN

Double standard is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That who admitted to?

I for one am glad to see Paula seen and her brand of arrogance being called out. The crap she's providing is a huge disservice to Americans. She being a person of influence could offer healthier options instead feeding the beast that is obesity.

As I posted, that her accuser admitted to...Again, it seems that the white woman offended by racial remarks because she had "bi-racial" relatives, in fact, had none. Instead, she was referring to her partner's niece who happens to be white/Hispanic. And her partner is estranged from her sister and hasn't even seen that niece in 5 years. Notwithstanding the sexual harassment charges against Bubba, this sounds like a shakedown to me.

As far as Paula's "crap," you must be kidding. It's no different from Tricia Yearwood's, the Neelys', the Pioneer Woman, or even Ina Garten's, none of whom make any apologies for their...crap.

I, for one, am sick of overweight people blaming fast-food joints and TV cooks for their obesity. If they choose to eat every meal, every day at a burger joint, or cook every meal the way these cooks do, that's their problem. And, BTW, that's also their right to do so and it's none of my business--or yours.

Give me a very large break.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
As I posted, that her accuser admitted to...Again, it seems that the white woman offended by racial remarks because she had "bi-racial" relatives, in fact, had none. Instead, she was referring to her partner's niece who happens to be white/Hispanic. And her partner is estranged from her sister and hasn't even seen that niece in 5 years. Notwithstanding the sexual harassment charges against Bubba, this sounds like a shakedown to me.

As far as Paula's "crap," you must be kidding. It's no different from Tricia Yearwood's, the Neelys', the Pioneer Woman, or even Ina Garten's, none of whom make any apologies for their...crap.

I, for one, am sick of overweight people blaming fast-food joints and TV cooks for their obesity. If they choose to eat every meal, every day at a burger joint, or cook every meal the way these cooks do, that's their problem. And, BTW, that's also their right to do so and it's none of my business--or yours.

Give me a very large break.
Nope.

A shakedown? Really? Jesus, Mary and Joseph Stalin, this sounds like it has gone on for years Paula and the corporation didn't address this matter and let it continue. Yes that makes her liable and frankly she needs to be held accountable for allowing this to go on as claimed.

As far as blaming fast food? You're reaching. Now her contribution to the end of very unhealthy food to an already obese nation will add fuel to those who want to regulate transfatty acids. Instead of being responsible chose greed instead. It could have been an opportunity, instead chose to **** all over it.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,130 times
If you don't want to be fat then select better food choices and get off the couch.

So now you are blaming Paula and others for your weight problem?

Where will this blame game stop?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:
If you don't want to be fat then select better food choices and get off the couch.

So now you are blaming Paula and others for your weight problem?

Where will this blame game stop?
Who is blaming Paula? Not I. The obesity issue is far bigger than her. It is a cultural problem as much as anything else. I’ve been critical of her for years for this stance. I criticize her for promoting a poor diet. I criticize her for taking a promotional dealfor diabetes medication instead of modifying her lifestyle. IMO, she did it for no other reason thangreed, or a caviler invincible attitude. There is a big difference.

If you think you can negate my argument by attacking my weight, you once again fail. I took matters into my own hands and did something about it. I don't blame anyone for my condition. I am critical of her for her attitude.

I am proud of the publishers, I am proud of Target, I am glad Food Network didn't renew her contract.

Last edited by SD4020; 06-29-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Quote:
Well, I guess I won't be going out shopping much around here. Home Depot, WalMart, Sears, Target, KMart, and Ballentine Books all have lost my business.

Sure will miss my Kindle if Amazon bans her, but I will renew my library card.

I hope she sues them all.

I have never in all my life seen such unfounded hatred spewed at one celebrity.

And there are plenty more that deserve this kind of treatment, but they are flourishing in their businesses.

I hate the way our culture has deteriorated.
So do I.
The whole thing is coming across like a typical smear campaign.......

Old 06-29-2013, 01:23 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,265 times
The more wholesome an image a celebrity portrays, the greater the condemnation when they do or say something that is less than savory. Look at what happened to Tiger Woods.

Paula Deen made a successful image as a down-home, warm hearted Southern gal who cooked over the top food. Now we see from the complaint that she allowed her drunken brother to abuse his black employees, establish guidelines for his restaurant that were racially based (white employees could use customers restrooms but black employees could not), and despite numerous complaints to Ms. Deen and upper management they did nothing to stop it. A five year history of this type of toxic work environment is detailed in the complaint. This is on top of the N*** comment and the insensitive antebellum wedding plans.

While I am sure Paula Deen has many good qualities, her persona is now being perceived as fake and hiding an unsavory character. That's not an image many companies want to portray.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible so I don't get a mandatory vacation:

America needs to buck the bleep up and get over it. When did everyone turn into such a women's private part???

You have football players MURDERING PEOPLE and they still get to play and make their millions!!! She says one word and she loses everything. GIVE ME A BLEEPING BREAK!!!!!

Old 06-29-2013, 07:37 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,130 times
The country has gone insane!

All this cell phone use has fried their brains!

I'd laugh but it's not funny...

Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible so I don't get a mandatory vacation:

America needs to buck the bleep up and get over it. When did everyone turn into such a women's private part???

You have football players MURDERING PEOPLE and they still get to play and make their millions!!! She says one word and she loses everything. GIVE ME A BLEEPING BREAK!!!!!

thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities