Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 PM

926 posts, read 1,255,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible so I don't get a mandatory vacation:

America needs to buck the bleep up and get over it. When did everyone turn into such a women's private part???

You have football players MURDERING PEOPLE and they still get to play and make their millions!!! She says one word and she loses everything. GIVE ME A BLEEPING BREAK!!!!!
WHAT? What football player is murdering people and still playing?

Back on point. People are too lazy to read the deposition. It has been stated, at nauseum, this is more than a bad word supposedly uttered 20yrs ago. The companies who have chosen to terminate their relationship w/Paula Deen probably know more about the situation than the general public. They are simply severing ties before it goes to court and the 'real' dirt is exposed. She needs to go away and quietly settle this. The longer it lives the messier it will be.

Although, it's obvious those that choose to defend Paula Deen will do so no matter what comes to light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
I was thinking the charges were ridiculous until I read the complaint. The deposition that had been circulating online at the beginning of this fiasco only seemed to detail the use of the N"" word and the wedding plans. When you read the 33 page complaint, you begin to understand just how pervasive the prejudice and abuse really was in the Paula Deen family of companies. If everything claimed is true, it was pretty bad.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:22 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible so I don't get a mandatory vacation:

America needs to buck the bleep up and get over it. When did everyone turn into such a women's private part???

You have football players MURDERING PEOPLE and they still get to play and make their millions!!! She says one word and she loses everything. GIVE ME A BLEEPING BREAK!!!!!
There's a whole lotta sh*t goin' wrong, that's for sure.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If everything claimed is true, it was pretty bad.
That's a BIG IF.

This was taken from We Support Paula Deen Facebook page.

What amazes me is how huge corporations react this way and condemn her while if you look at these companies past you would find disgusting histories. Take for instance Ballantine Books. It is controlled and owned completely by a German publishing company started in the mid 1800's. Would it surprise you to know this German company that owns Ballantine Books published all the Nazi Propoganda during WW2 and the Nazi regime. And no apology to this day. Look it up. Its all true. These companies are hypocrites and need to be honest in their own gardens before trying to destroy a respectable lady.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
No Kudzu, that is a big "what if". What IF those companies said, "You know what? None of us is without sin. We too, have done something that we're terribly sorry for. Like Paula, we know what it's like to live with regrets and a sense of remorse. We're going to be forgiving, because we'd also like forgiveness!" No...not likely that THAT is going to happen. They'll just play the innocents and help put Paula in the stocks.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post

Back on point. People are too lazy to read the deposition. It has been stated, at nauseum, this is more than a bad word supposedly uttered 20yrs ago. The companies who have chosen to terminate their relationship w/Paula Deen probably know more about the situation than the general public. They are simply severing ties before it goes to court and the 'real' dirt is exposed. She needs to go away and quietly settle this. The longer it lives the messier it will be.

Although, it's obvious those that choose to defend Paula Deen will do so no matter what comes to light.

What about Ray Lewis?? He was "acquitted" but give me a break. We all know the truth. I'm sure there's countless others that I can't think of right now. What about the basketball players who beat their wives ass in?? (Jason Kidd comes to mind)

These companies are the same ones polluting the earth and sending our jobs overseas! And they are concerned about some words that were uttered..REALLY????

Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post

That last sentence rings true. If footage comes out of PD stomping day old puppies to death or fricasseeing an infant they will still be taking about one time 20 (or 30, or 50, the number keeps getting higher and higher) years ago when she used the n word, but just that one time in her entire life. I call it ostrich politics, when you stick your head in the sand to avoid the undesirable truths.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
How many times does it have to be said that she's in trouble for way more than n word use 20 years ago? That myth just won't die. Yikes.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Paula will be fine after this storm blows over. As far as Food Network- they suck anyhow, lol
So does Wal-Mart & Home Depot....

Old 06-30-2013, 02:04 PM

796 posts, read 858,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Oh really? Like limiting carb intake? Refined carbs, starches and sugar? Why do you think they tell you to limit that sort of thing?

For your edification:
Diabetes diet: Create your healthy-eating plan - MayoClinic.com

From that article:

[/list]
Based on the title of this post I would say you need to "education yourself" as you put it to learn proper English grammar.

Sorry! I could not resist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities