Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh you people really upset me, as if obesity is the most important problem we have in this country....yes, it is a problem, however, right now there are so many more important things to address, and besides, if someone wants to be heavy, that is they're business. you people think you can continually tell others how to live...
your world must be very small...honestly, you need to wake up and view a much bigger picture....

the hate that comes out of your post, because of the food she makes is so un-natural....
and if she makes you so sick and angry, don't watch her....

do you know what the word allance means? Get your own house in order.
You know, when our insurance rates go up and our taxes go up because some others decide to stuff their faces and then become ill due to that - I really think it IS our business. Other than a few island people the US has the most, proportionally, fatties of any other country.

If campaigns to stop weight gain and have people to change their diets can save lives and cut medical costs I think it's just fine.

I think the tide in our land is toward better food and Paula just represents the opposite side of that, both personally and by the food she promotes.

So, in response, yes I think we are trying to get our own house in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
SOME diabetes can be managed by diet but if the pancreas has stopped producing insulin, it's more difficult. It's not all about diet and weight loss.
Most diabetic see dramatic results if they are overweight and lose weight.
The diabetics who do not respond to diet, as you say, are more rare and are usually the sort (Type I?) who actually have damage to the pancreas from birth.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
Uh oh! Alec Baldwin went on a homophobic twitter tirade. Where's the outrage at? Shouldn't he be getting dumped by Capitol One and anything else associated with him for his homophobic rants? Where's the lawsuits against him? Where's all the people up in arms with pitchforks in hand demanding his head on a silver platter?

Alec Baldwin apologizes after homophobic Twitter rant | Fox News
While there is no excuse for a homophobic rant, he DID apologize, and the issue that he was objecting to did find him in the right, against the British journalist who made a mistake in not taking into consideration US time zone differences in reading a tweet from Alex's wife.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:03 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You know, when our insurance rates go up and our taxes go up because some others decide to stuff their faces and then become ill due to that - I really think it IS our business. Other than a few island people the US has the most, proportionally, fatties of any other country.

If campaigns to stop weight gain and have people to change their diets can save lives and cut medical costs I think it's just fine.

I think the tide in our land is toward better food and Paula just represents the opposite side of that, both personally and by the food she promotes.

So, in response, yes I think we are trying to get our own house in order.
Geeze, Louise! ''get our house in order''?

The ''food police'' are on the prowl!

Anyway, lazy me has downloaded all 149 pages of the transcript and will read it through.

Then I'll come back and report my impressions.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
And can you say you've never heard a black entertainer refer to whites as ''honky'', ''whitey'', ''cracker'', or redneck''?

Because it's been going on for years on TV, movies, and radio.

None of them had their lives ruined over it.

Neither has Alec Baldwin or Mel Gibson.

Not saying it's right. Just that there is a double standard.

I once saw George Lopez "comedy" act which consisted of him, for 95% of the show, making fun of white people.

how we took care of our houses, our lawns, what we name our children. Seriously, it was literally 95% of his act.

george lopez white people - YouTube

heck, white people don't even talk to one another, all they do is text

George Lopez America's Mexican - White People FTP - YouTube

because you know, h-ispanics never text!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I once saw George Lopez "comedy" act which consisted of him, for 95% of the show, making fun of white people.

how we took care of our houses, our lawns, what we name our children. Seriously, it was literally 95% of his act.

george lopez white people - YouTube

heck, white people don't even talk to one another, all they do is text

George Lopez America's Mexican - White People FTP - YouTube

because you know, h-ispanics never text!
Yeah, and Georgie should stop making fun of those who pay his bills.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Most diabetic see dramatic results if they are overweight and lose weight.
The diabetics who do not respond to diet, as you say, are more rare and are usually the sort (Type I?) who actually have damage to the pancreas from birth.
I wish that was true.

Most, not all.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
So let's talk about Robert Byrd. The democratic senator, from the south.

Grand Master of a section of the KKK (you know, head of the lynching committee).

He was forgiven.

Crazy racist was elected to congress.

He helped write and pass laws until he couldn't.

How did such a disgusting pig, who hated blacks, was the grand master of a KKK group....... get his ass voted in year after year after year and up until he died in 2010? He apologized?

And Paula Deen should be hung from a cross (or a tree, and by her neck)?

She cooks chicken and grits. You don't have to follow Paula's recipes, you don't have to watch the food network.

Byrd helped make and pass LAWS that affect EVERYONE.

And the media is all over Paula?

Give me a break.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times
Just wondering...of all those carrying on about Deen, how many of you are familiar with the tome Bonfire of the Vanities?

And yes, regarding George Lopez, I'm aware of his tasteless, racist schtick. Of course, he'll suffer no consequences, as publicly persecuting him doesn't fit the narrative. And there will be no consequences either for Jaimie Fox and his little anti-White political tirade of late disguised as humor in an SNL routine. And so forth...

Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,654,340 times
BTW...is there anything at all offensive in this?

Sarah Silverman - I Love You More - YouTube

Come on now everybody, bring on the righteous indignation and hand wringing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities