Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I just read that Paula has fired her long-time agent and her legal team. Doesn't say if she fired her marketing team, if she even has one. If she does, they should have been the first to go. We will have to wait and see what is next for her and I am sure that there will be something next. She is still active on FB and her magazine is still being published.
Was Gordon Elliott her agent? Agreed her PR team should have been canned right off the bat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:33 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
I think what we have seen in the handling of her problems were inventions of the chubby princess, herself. I just think she is surrounded by people who say yes to her often and her character is such that she is blaming them for her own crappy decisions. After all, she doesn't seem all that bright.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times
I have no idea who her agent was. I am still getting mailings to order her cookbooks so she is still in business.

I see many of my relatives in Paula~~except for the money part. She grew up very poor and was not well educated. She probably has family and close friends not only advising her but also on her payroll. I don't think she really has the ability to make the best decisions on her own and that really doesn't have anything to do with being bright. Most people could not run an organization of that size. She really needs a top-notch group of people who are experienced in handling these types of situations.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:32 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think what we have seen in the handling of her problems were inventions of the chubby princess, herself. I just think she is surrounded by people who say yes to her often and her character is such that she is blaming them for her own crappy decisions. After all, she doesn't seem all that bright.

Yet another croaking about PD, similar to those from people who most likely never liked her southern-fried persona to begin with.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
She doesn't seem bright at all. I'd call her white trash, however white trash is slightly more couth. It goes far beyond "southern fried persona." I've already explained it previously.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I have no idea who her agent was. I am still getting mailings to order her cookbooks so she is still in business.

I see many of my relatives in Paula~~except for the money part. She grew up very poor and was not well educated. She probably has family and close friends not only advising her but also on her payroll. I don't think she really has the ability to make the best decisions on her own and that really doesn't have anything to do with being bright. Most people could not run an organization of that size. She really needs a top-notch group of people who are experienced in handling these types of situations.
The 'not too bright' comment was meant to address the way she responded to the scandals. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Certainly, she should be hiring well qualified people with a track record and not a bunch of know-nothing friends and relatives. Business is business, nothing personal.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yet another croaking about PD, similar to those from people who most likely never liked her southern-fried persona to begin with.
Truly, you hit it right on the head. I can often tell when a person is being false, a sort of con artist. She impressed me as being that way from the start and these problems she has caused for herself have only confirmed what I already knew.

Oh, in case you misinterpret this, I do like Southerners, just not phoney people who would make money at other's expense.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Winning lawsuit won't put Paula Deen back in the money - Aug. 13, 2013

Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,197 times
Default From someone who lives in Savannah ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Had something to do with her using racial slurs.
and, frankly, has difficulty feeling sorry for a billionaire, Paula Dean is a victim of the PC police and her own big mouth.

Her quote in answer to whether she EVER used a racial slur, "I is what I is."

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
and, frankly, has difficulty feeling sorry for a billionaire, Paula Dean is a victim of the PC police and her own big mouth.

Her quote in answer to whether she EVER used a racial slur, "I is what I is."

Where is the proof that Paula Deen is a "billionaire"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities