Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 04:54 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times

Advertisements

and these are actors I've wondered about; who I think are very talented:
Lisa Bonet
Richard Dean Anderson
Ray Liotta
Madeleine Stowe-what a beauty and a talented actress
Marsha Mason
Joseph C. Phillips
Richard Dreyfuss
Jennifer Jason Leigh
Lea Thompson
Daphne Maxwell Reid
Tim Reid
Karyn Parsons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Andre Braugher - Powerful actor.

Despite being from Stanford...

I find him to be blustery and bombastic. I'm very surprised that he graduated from Stanford and Julliard. I thought he must have gone to the Bill Shatner School of Drama. I see that he's now in some cop comedy. Maybe comedy is the best place for his brand of OVER-acting.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I find him to be blustery and bombastic. I'm very surprised that he graduated from Stanford and Julliard. I thought he must have gone to the Bill Shatner School of Drama. I see that he's now in some cop comedy. Maybe comedy is the best place for his brand of OVER-acting.
His character (Pembleton) was "blustery and bombastic" in Homicide: Life on the Street.

Mr. Braugher was in "Glory" in 1989 and his character was soft-spoken and studious. Yes, 1989 is ancient history, but the actor surely has more ranges than those mentioned. He must have learned SOMETHING since then.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Yes, after Marisa Tomei won her Best Supporting Oscar, her roles have been few and far between.
What do you mean by this? She's done 2-3 films pretty much every year since My Cousin Vinny.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
What do you mean by this? She's done 2-3 films pretty much every year since My Cousin Vinny.
Whatever. Glad you're such a fan.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
Quote:
His character (Pembleton) was "blustery and bombastic" in Homicide: Life on the Street.

Mr. Braugher was in "Glory" in 1989 and his character was soft-spoken and studious. Yes, 1989 is ancient history, but the actor surely has more ranges than those mentioned. He must have learned SOMETHING since then.
His role on "Homicide..." is what I'm most familiar with. I've only seen a few bits and pieces of "Glory", not enough to form an opinion on, but in the other roles that I've seen him in, he still retained that Shatner-like quality.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
His role on "Homicide..." is what I'm most familiar with. I've only seen a few bits and pieces of "Glory", not enough to form an opinion on, but in the other roles that I've seen him in, he still retained that Shatner-like quality.
I've haven't seen him in anythng else, except as a homophobic bully in Spike Lee's movie "Get on the Bus". He acted "in-your-face" like (his character being a bully).

Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Val Kilmer.
What happened to him? Remember him in "Willow" and "The Doors"? He played a very believable Jim Morrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I was watching an old rerun of the 1984 movie "The Philadelphia Experiment" with Michael Pare and Nancy Allen.
I don't think I've seen Nancy Allen in anything since "Carrie" unless her roles have been very minor. I forgot that she was married at one time to Brian DePalma.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:30 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,836 times
Quote:
Yes, after Marisa Tomei won her Best Supporting Oscar, her roles have been few and far between.
That's too bad, I like her.

Hayden Christensen is one. He gets some lead movie roles and then you don't hear much about him (or at least I don't).

Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Val Kilmer, right, nothing much about him (only pictures). His "recent" pics looked terrible: crazy weight gain.

Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Glory) gained lots of weight, too.

Did Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) recently get arrested for spousal abuse, or was HE abused? I could imagine him getting beat(en) up.

Adrian Zmed (T.J. Hooker) is another guy who "disappeared". He was barely a "B-" (yes, B minus) lister in his T.J. Hooker days.

There's scarce room for actors/actresses, but lots of them have been under the radar for YEARS.

That profession is discriminatory (age, race, sex) like crazy. Hollywood is nothing but a big temp agency for most actors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities