Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sorry to come in late on this thread, but I agree. I have no intention of ever viewing this movie even after it filters down to Netflix.
The film actually is in honor of a man who worked as a Butler for for many U.S. Presidents. It chronicles what was going on in the country during that time. Ignoring it doesn't change history. Your indifference to the experience of that man, and so many who fought for equality doesn't change the fact that he and they will still be honored. I will view this movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 06:32 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
The film actually is in honor of a man who worked as a Butler for for many U.S. Presidents. It chronicles what was going on in the country during that time. Ignoring it doesn't change history. Your indifference to the experience of that man, and so many who fought for equality doesn't change the fact that he and they will still be honored. I will view this movie.
Agreed. This movie is a bio and it's not Oprah's bio. I really enjoyed the book and I look forward to the movie. In the last many years anything that Forest Whitaker is associated with is a class act. I look forward to him in the lead as the butler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities