Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy who at one point owned a bar that was staffed with 12 female bartenders/servers. I've seen things after hours that make Miley's VMA act seem like a Disney film.

Here's my take. I don't view her as a talented singer, not because I'm not into pop music, but because I don't think she's got a very good voice. I don't think she has any particular talent, actually. She's physically fit, which is good. And she doesn't seem to be wrapped up in the Hollyweirdness and drug scene that Lindsay Lohan rode to glory.

But honestly, class it up, Miley. The outfit was a bit ridiculous, and the foam finger stuff was very Beavis and Buttheadish. I get it, Miley, you're a 20 year-old girl who is breaking free from your childstar past. But come on. There's a classy way to do that, and there's a trashy way to do that. The story that I've heard was that she went off script from what had been rehearsed.

I'm not grossed out as much as I'm disappointed that she felt she had to sink to that level to draw attention to herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Ok I am the OP and I didn't find it sexy either but I am not a straight dude. It's just confusing to me because guys go to strip club and pay to watch this sort of thing. So I am not sure why it was such a turn off.
No, THIS is not what they go to see. Any straight man would know that.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I find it sad that a young girl who doesnt have to do this kind of thing for money would sink so low onstage..Ive not seen the perfomance and dont want to see it, I only saw some photos of her with her tongue hanging out.. and her other props..that was enough..

Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I find it sad that a young girl who doesnt have to do this kind of thing for money would sink so low onstage..Ive not seen the perfomance and dont want to see it, I only saw some photos of her with her tongue hanging out.. and her other props..that was enough..
Sink so low???

No no....you misunderstand.....See...if she had skanked it up with more style and finesse or if she could dance better, it would have been more acceptable.....right?? She just didn't DO IT RIGHT.

That's what I hearing here..........

Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Guys like a woman to be sexual and perform sexually. So why are so many guys criticizing how gross and disgusting Miley Cyrus's provocative performance was at the VMAs? I thought you guys would be into this. Explain it to me because I am really confused.

If you haven't seen the performance just YouTube it. I would also like to hear from guys only. I know women don't like it for a number of reasons but I am interested to know why guys don't like it.

Miley Cyrus has an ugly face and the body of an Asian boy. There is nothing "sexual" about her.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Miley Cyrus has an ugly face and the body of an Asian boy. There is nothing "sexual" about her.
Speak for yourself. I'm a middle-aged man and think she is very attractive. We've become such an overweight nation that we barely know what the healthy female form is supposed to look like. Miley has a lovely body and I like what she does with her hair and makeup.

I could do without the tongue, some of the twerking and the foam finger, but that's how young pop stars dance nowadays, she just revved it up a couple notches seizing the moment, and stealing the show.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Guys like a woman to be sexual and perform sexually. So why are so many guys criticizing how gross and disgusting Miley Cyrus's provocative performance was at the VMAs? I thought you guys would be into this. Explain it to me because I am really confused.

If you haven't seen the performance just YouTube it. I would also like to hear from guys only. I know women don't like it for a number of reasons but I am interested to know why guys don't like it.

Here we go again with the euphemisms...provocative and not raunchy

Gee, maybe "so many" guys are criticizing her because not all men are the type who appreciate rauch, frequent strip clubs, or want lap dance. How about that?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times

Old 08-29-2013, 11:52 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindavg View Post

lol

Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Speak for yourself. I'm a middle-aged man and think she is very attractive. We've become such an overweight nation that we barely know what the healthy female form is supposed to look like. Miley has a lovely body and I like what she does with her hair and makeup.

I could do without the tongue, some of the twerking and the foam finger, but that's how young pop stars dance nowadays, she just revved it up a couple notches seizing the moment, and stealing the show.

so am I, and I do not agree with you.

she is not femmine looking with that horrid haircut.
she actually looks like a lesbian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities