Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I like both, however, I find Rihanna to be much more interesting. She has evolved tremendously over the last 8 years while Beyonce has, for the most part, stayed the same. Beyonce hasn't reinvented herself and does the same routine, over and over again, and she has also been largely influenced by Tina Turner and Diana Ross, whereas Rihanna is doing her own thing.

But she turned me on to music in general and has much more class than Rihanna, but as of late, I've been liking Rihanna's songs more than Beyonce's recent stuff.
I think Bey's team sees no reason to reinvent or change anything cause her fans think even her **** is extraordinary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,102 times
Just a few comments to add...I'm not really a fan of either, I like a couple of each of their songs...but...

Beyonce...it's time to CUT. THAT. HAIR.

I'm tired of seeing you toss it around . At least Rihanna changes it up. Cut it off girl, you won't lose your voice.

And i HATE HATE HATE Single Ladies. Stupidest song EVER.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:53 AM

69 posts, read 144,043 times
I prefer rihanna, her style is diverse, more worth looking forward to.
Beyonce, of course, there are also many classic songs

Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Just a few comments to add...I'm not really a fan of either, I like a couple of each of their songs...but...

I'm tired of seeing you toss it around . At least Rihanna changes it up. Cut it off girl, you won't lose your voice.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,674,794 times
Kelly Rowland

Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I swear I miss these ladies...

Phyllis Hyman

No Name Necessary......

Anita Baker

The Boss

I could go on and on.............These women had class AND TALENT! Rarely is both found in a female vocalist today. If they aint half naked, they use voice enhancers. If they aint using enhancers, they're half naked. These chicks don't really understand that less is more. They don't know what "sexy" really is.......The two women talked about on this thread are the inspiration for Miley Cyrus.....

Is one better than the other? Yep. But who cares??? None of their music will be rendered as classic.
I miss them too(RIP Phylllis Hyman). Music isn't made like what it used to be. Classy ladies like Anita Baker and Phyliss Hyman, it isn't the way it used to be.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times
Someone had the NERVE to put up Diana Ross as some legend.

Is that a JOKE or what?

That woman who slept with married men,Ms Ross? Yeah,she is so classy....

That woman doesn't even have half the class as Beyonce nor Rihanna.

You can ask the Ms Classy Cindy Birdsong or Ms Wilson(former Supremes).

Unlike Diana Ross,Beyonce didn't throw her fellow group members under the bus

Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
In terms of legacy.

Everyone has an opinion.

Rihanna- A singles artist. She's been in the music industry for 7 years is on her 8th album. One of her albums have went #1, and all have very little sales numbers. However her singles do very well, thus winning her awards and keeping her relevant. Overall, Rihanna has sold 100 million with 7 albums. Here net-worth is $75.

If you go to her Instagram/Twitter, you will find pictures of Rihanna smoking marijuana, getting drunk, taking pictures of herself naked, cussing, ect.

Rihanna has been in an on/off relationship with Chris Brown, who as well all know, has abused her.

Rihanna's most notable awards are her 6 Grammys, all of which are shared with additional artists. She can sing just at 2 octaves.

List of artists influenced by Rihanna:
Justin Bieber, Ellie Goulding, Demi Lovato, and Willow Smith

Beyonce- Has had a solo career since 2003, where her first solo album went to number one. Her following three albums have all went #1 as well and each have had strong singles. Overall, Beyonce has sold 118 million with 4 albums. Her net-worth is $350 million, together, her and her husband are the only billion dollar couple in the music industry.

If you go to Beyonce's Instagram, you will see pictures of her daughter, pictures of her & her team, professional pictures of her, or other normal pictures you'd see on Instagram.

Beyonce has been with Jay Z since 2003. That's 10 years; they've been married since 2008.

Beyonce has won 17 Grammy awards, the International Artist of Excellence (only one by Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart, Led Zeppelin, The Bee Gees, Aerosmith, and Whitney Houston), the Artist of the Millennium Award, the World Legend Award, ect. She can sing just under 4 octaves.

List of artists influenced by Beyonce:
Adele, Charice, Miley Cyrus, Fergie, Jessie J, Lady Gaga, Leona Lewis, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Rihanna, Jessica Sanchez, Kelly Rowland, Emma Watson, Katy Perry, Britney Spears

Beyonce live:

Beyonce - Halo Live ( acoustic ) AMAZING !!! - YouTube

BEYONCE "THE WAY WE WERE" KENNEDY CENTER HONORS BARBARA STREISAND OSCARS 2013 OSCAR AWARDS - YouTube

Beyonce has been praised by Michael Jackson, Etta James and Tina Turner. She has also opened apartments to help struggling people better themselves, a hair school and salon, and has donated over $400 million to charity. There is a road, hospital, and fly named after her.

Also- Jay Z is Rihanna's manager. Every bit of money she makes goes into their bank account.

So my question is; who do you prefer? Who do you find the better influence in terms of the music industry and young girls? Who's legacy will be superior?
LOL. Neither. And their album sales record claims and statistics are greatly inflated, especially Rihanna's.

I think both are overrated, but I have respect for both of them, and I have some of their music on my IPods.

They have music that has good beats lots of times, but I think they are overrated. They aren't all that. I commend them for all of the money and success they have earned thus far. So nothing against them.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post

LOL. Beyonce doesn't have to cut it. She can just detach it lol. She usually wears weaves, wigs, and hair extensions lmao.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 AM

People like Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, or Toni Braxton are the most talented female singers out there. Especially Mariah Carey. She is a lyricist, songwriter, composer, and producer, and she WRITES all of her own songs and own material.

Beyonce uses ghosts writers or she stills and shops other peoples songs and gets her aunt and relatives to write songs for her then she slaps her name on it for songwriting credit. Ne-Yo called her out on this because Beyonce claimed she came up with the idea and lyrics and concept to Irreplacable, but Beyonce never wrote that song. She didn't even want the song. She picked it at least minute abd added 1 line or 2.

Rihanna's voice can only go so far lol. She doesn't write or produce any of her songs. Lol.

I guarantee within the next 5 years or so Beyonce and Rihanna will all be ceremoniously dumped at the bottom of the industry. One can only remain popular or on top for so long lol.

And Beyonce likes to force and make people like her lol. She went to producers and begged them to cast her in the lead role for Dreamgirls. They didn't even want her to be cast in the role, but she demanded and put herself in there.

When it comes to acting, Beyonce seems like she is trying too hard. It's as if it doesn't seem natural. She is just desperate for an Oscar. I don't think her voice is all that either. She puts on a good show and is a good entertainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities