Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 05:21 PM

551 posts, read 582,486 times

Advertisements

The lack of originality in Hollywood/media is incredible. Everyone with cookie cutter, mix 'n' match features...like picking up a neat yet boring furniture set from some massive chain. There's so little uniqueness or interest, and even when there is most of it gets chiseled away to match the supposed desires of the mainstream. Quite disturbing actually. Is this the legacy we want to pass on to future generations? A period in time, which I pray is a simple trend, an anomaly, in which people willingly flock in to have their bodies and faces hacked away at. I can only hope someday they laugh at the ridiculousness of these times.

On topic, the faces I dislike are the ones that are surgically altered to match the mainstream ideal, which sadly I think is nearly all celebrities and media figures. I don't think Angelina Jolie has had much work done, surgically; her features are a close match to her youthful pictures. The one thing I suspect is nose work since it appeared wider and more upturned when she was younger. But it's hard to say, since makeup and lighting can make a difference and in some recent photos it appears wider. Overrated, so-called "beautiful" celebs in my mind include:

Jennifer Aniston (all smoke and mirrors, 95% good grooming)
Kim Kardashian (a complete joke, manufactured as pre-fab house)
Megan Fox (about the stiffest, tightest face ever)
Blake Lively (same as Jennifer Aniston)

And I don't know, I mostly wish celebs would just lay off the botox and junk fillers as they age and just go natural. Why is the aging process something to fear and deny? It happens to everyone, and believe it, the botox ain't fooling anyone. I don't understand how they can't see how harsh it looks, especially as they lose natural fat in the face. In HW once you hit about 30 for women, and mid 40s for men, the parts might dry up a lot, but that says more about the fickleness of the industry than a person's worth. Youth is overvalued in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
If those stars stopped doing all the botox and surgeries, the industry wouldn't have 'perfect' stars left to pick from. The world seems to be all about fake. Everyone gets old and wrinkly, there is the old double standard though. It's more acceptable for men to be aging.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Rail-thin actresses. Sorry don't think the stick look is attractive at all.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:23 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Hollywood is going through what I call "pretty boy syndrome" right now. I'm personally not a fan of pretty boys. When it come to the woman It's like "heroine chic" has come back into style. YUCK!

Old 03-19-2014, 12:49 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
Yeah, bones sticking out all over and space between thighs is where it's at. Pretty boys are just all that! I see them as empty shells. Hollywood's gotten worse when it comes to superficiality. But then it's up the regular people to set Hollywood aside and think of it as a land of make believe and not fall into that.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Hollywood is going through what I call "pretty boy syndrome" right now. I'm personally not a fan of pretty boys. When it come to the woman It's like "heroine chic" has come back into style. YUCK!
And to look more manly, the trend is to not shave, at least for a day or two.
I see a lot of short male actors with skinny bodies and huge heads which becomes more apparent when they are wearing a 3-piece or tux.

The one female actor that I really do not find attractive at all but most seems to like, is Amy Adams.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; 03-19-2014 at 03:44 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 07:27 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
The two that I really can think of off the top of my head are:
-Angelina Jolie
-Sofia Vergara

First off Angelina Jolie creeps me out and I think those "sexy big lips" are gross. Other people have mentioned how some celebrities just always seem a bit dirty to them...Angelina has that effect for me. No matter how put together she is she always seems a bit dirty to me.

Sofia Vergara? I don't understand how anyone finds her attractive. She's so clearly a product of good make up artists and packaging.

Oh and I thought of another one:
Beyonce. I'm sorry I've just never been that in to her. Maybe it's because I tend to prefer a more feminine and petite frame on a woman but sometimes Beyonce looks like she could be a middle linebacker in the NFL.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
George Clooney. His store-bought teeth (Ugh. Gawd only knows what's going on under those things) are just as bad as his real ones were decades ago. Yuck. And, someone who was good-looking in his youth, Johnny Depp. Now, he just looks like he always needs a shower and a shampoo. And what's up with his talking like the Geico gekko? He was born and raised out south, for crying out loud.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
Ashton Kutcher. I do not get it at all.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
George Clooney. His store-bought teeth (Ugh. Gawd only knows what's going on under those things) are just as bad as his real ones were decades ago. Yuck. And, someone who was good-looking in his youth, Johnny Depp. Now, he just looks like he always needs a shower and a shampoo. And what's up with his talking like the Geico gekko? He was born and raised out south, for crying out loud.
I agree with George and Johnny. I also don't see what's so great about Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, and Adam Levine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities