Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:51 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times

Advertisements

Apparently, Kevin Federline now has sole physical and legal custody of the boys, at least until a hearing in mid-January. Her own attorneys don't even want to deal with her anymore, because she's behaving so irrationally.

I think she needs serious psychological help - and probably yet another stint in rehab. No one in their right mind would hold one of her kids hostage like that otherwise; if she were rational, she'd know what a terrible risk she was taking.

She's going to straighten out or end up dead. I pray for her and her kids' sake that it's the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 08:51 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,327 times
Its like watching the Anna Nicole saga play out all over again. Her kids are the victims in all of this.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
there's a rumor floating around that Brit wasn't even drunk/high, that the tests came back negative and that what happened was an actual psychotic breakdown and not drug induced. again, maybe just a rumor, but if it is the case, it could explain why previous stints in rehab did nothing to curtail the crazy behavior. the girl needs to be on drugs- the right kind!

sad thing is that if she is found to have some type of emotional disturbance, the courts may want her to be medicated/in therapy for a long while before she even gets any sort of visits again, forget actual custody. it's one thing if this was just an issue w/ drug/alcohol abuse, like Courtney Love, then you could just throw them and rehab, have them clean up, and do random drug testing before restoring custody. but mental illness is much harder to treat and close to impossible to cure. it could be years before Brit is stable enough to gain custody again, if ever

when I read that she had locked herself in the bathroom w/ the boys, I just had this sinking feeling that this would end up like the Andrea Yates case. Brit is now a definite hazard to her kids

Old 01-05-2008, 01:40 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I was watching Greta von Fluffy, God knows why, when the story went from the missing hiker who is missing from my favorite trail (and whose dog was found at my grocery store!) to Brit. Supposedly the finger is on bipolar disorder. Whatever... she needs help. I can't really feel sorry for her, but I'm sorry enough for her kids to hope that she doesn't completely self destruct in front of the world's eyes.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Leave it to whoever to give some excuse for Brit's bad behavior ... bi-polar my eye. This girl has lost all sense of reality. She's been catered to and yessed up one side and down the other since her mom pushed her into showbiz so she could get out of the situation she was in. Jaimie and Lynn Spears should be ashamed of what they've created ... love how they are staying out of it .. nice, desert the monster you've created. Brit and her entire family need to be taken away and given a good dose of reality training far far away from the public eye. It's going to take a lot for Brit to realize what a mess she's made of things. Hard to believe that Kevin Federline is smelling like roses in this entire fiasco. The Spears family should have absolutely no access to those little boys. Heck, Kevin's ex would probably do better by those boys.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Leave it to whoever to give some excuse for Brit's bad behavior ... bi-polar my eye. This girl has lost all sense of reality. She's been catered to and yessed up one side and down the other since her mom pushed her into showbiz so she could get out of the situation she was in.
ditto ditto ditto It's not a mental health issue, IMO, it's an issue of an overly spoiled young woman who is selfish and gets away with whatever she wants, consequence free, and has no regard for authority.

I feel awful for the children involved. Same thing with Courtney Love and her daughter - how on earth are these people allowed to keep their children, even see their children? It's amazing what money will buy. If ordinary people behaved that way, they would permanently lose all rights to their children.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Courtney Love seems to have gotten her act together somewhat, plus she's getting too old to act like a knucklehead like Britney. But then again, I think that Frances Bean is a teenager now and looks so much like her Dad!!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:49 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,591 times
What's happening to Britney is nothing new. The same type of thing happens a dozen of times a week in every major city in America. If it wasn't' someone famous there would have been no way six police care and a fire truck would have shown up at her house. Maybe two squad cars and a paramedics van tops. Unfortunately, because she's famous and is under the media's scrutiny, it's probably going to be much tougher for her to recover. Even after they get her on medication.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
What's happening to Britney is nothing new. The same type of thing happens a dozen of times a week in every major city in America. If it wasn't' someone famous there would have been no way six police care and a fire truck would have shown up at her house. Maybe two squad cars and a paramedics van tops. Unfortunately, because she's famous and is under the media's scrutiny, it's probably going to be much tougher for her to recover. Even after they get her on medication.
And she doesn't have the gray matter to figure that out for herself ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities