Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:13 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times

Advertisements

Never found him funny and something about his personality has always annoyed me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I don't mean to verbally abuse Mr. Sandler's fans but he's been in so many horrible movies. Mr Deeds, Dont Mess with the Zohan, 50 First Dates, Click and Chuck and Larry were just awful. He even admitted he took the part in Blended to get his family a paid vacation in Africa. His earlier movies were funny but I don't know if he just got lazy and stopped caring about the writing or his one note man child character just got old and he couldn't think of anything else funny.

I guess it just happens that some people stop being funny. Chevy Chase was so hilarious in Fletch and Vacation but he just stopped making funny stuff at some point. I think Hollywood gets to these people and they lose touch with what most people find funny.
Happens to a lot of comedians. Their brand is funny for a while but if it stays the same, it just gets boring. Chevy Chase is a great example. Eddie Murphy too. I loved his early stuff. Beverly Hills Cop, 48 Hours, Trading Places and Coming To America, but then he became boring and unfunny.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:39 PM

379 posts, read 359,432 times
Quote:
I don't mean to verbally abuse Mr. Sandler's fans but he's been in so many horrible movies. Mr Deeds, Dont Mess with the Zohan
Zohan was great. It was his best movie.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy
I never was a particular fan of him, in fact I don't think I ever saw a single movie of his believe it or not.
I havent ever liked him......

Old 07-10-2015, 05:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I like Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, The Wedding Singer, Little Nicky, and 50 First Dates. He and Drew Barrymore are adorable together. Blended was not bad. The Grownups movies were really bad, especially the second one. I saw a preview last night for Pixels, which I predict will be terrible. Punch Drunk Love was an interesting change of pace, as was the one where he played a dying actor who hires a personal assistant. I think his schtick, though tired, is safe to him so he just cranks out the stinkers and gets paid. I'll always have a soft spot for Opera Man and the Hannukah Song.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:49 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
That quote was hardly compelling. It sounded like someone who just doesn't like him, no facts, surveys, polls, reviews of latest movies. Where did you get that, Fox News? Obviously you don't like him.

I've liked some of his stuff and not others. The Longest Yard and Grownups were pretty good.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
I don't know I always wished he was my dad (either that or Robin Williams but since Robin Williams passed that wouldn't be so good). I guess it helps that the man or whatever that thing is that has my DNA sucks but still..
whatever you're free to your opinion. More Sandler for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
I don't consider myself a dummy but frankly I find his movies sweet. He can be annoying but he always employs his friends in most of his movies and everything is light hearted. No real cussing, meanness towards others, etc. Our whole family loves the movie Blended. Probably have watched it 5 times and love it. I would rather watch a Adam Sander movie than some of the other stuff out there.

Before you accuse me of being lowbrow, I also love higher brow stuff as well. Our family is also a huge Jane Austen fan and we watch everything Jane! Also love darker comedies...Shameless is my current series of choice and I love it. I love that cable has so many offerings. Downton Abbey one night, a horror movie the other!
Sometimes I'm a dummy. I can be pretty stupid but I don't think that's why I like his movies. I guess you have to be a child at heart to appreciate him. One movie that I really like is That's My Boy. Yes it is a raunchy movie but I like how he messed up and he came back to try and redeem himself. I felt for him obv when Andy's character was rejecting him. Plus to me Andy and Adam just make a good team.
I guess most of the TV/movies I watch are low brow (I don't know if House MD is or not? I got into that late and loved it) but I did watch Lost to the very end. I think some times most of what I watch is simple stuff just because my brain is so complicated. I'm constantly overthinking so if I watched something where I had to really think my head might explode haha.

Quote:
I don't mean to verbally abuse Mr. Sandler's fans but he's been in so many horrible movies. Mr Deeds, Dont Mess with the Zohan, 50 First Dates, Click and Chuck and Larry were just awful. He even admitted he took the part in Blended to get his family a paid vacation in Africa. His earlier movies were funny but I don't know if he just got lazy and stopped caring about the writing or his one note man child character just got old and he couldn't think of anything else funny.

I guess it just happens that some people stop being funny. Chevy Chase was so hilarious in Fletch and Vacation but he just stopped making funny stuff at some point. I think Hollywood gets to these people and they lose touch with what most people find funny.
I've never seen Mr Deeds and Don't Mess With the Zohan seemed awful but I like the other three. Maybe I'm biased for Chuck and Larry being very pro gay. I'll watch pretty much anything with gay guys or guys pretending to be gay at least if it's a comedy anyway. I never liked Will and Grace though idk why.

Last edited by Nickchick; 07-18-2015 at 08:33 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 01:38 PM

7 posts, read 5,638 times
He is really annoying but I can stand and even like one or two movies with him. But I think the problem is that he normally appears in actually very law-level movies (humor, scenes, character etc). That's the problem. If you see his name you can expect that movie's not gonna be good. Like at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities