Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:58 PM

118 posts, read 625,226 times

Advertisements

How many of you pulled out your Heath Ledger DVD after his death? and do you think it was because of his passing?

last night the hubby pulled a DVD out. I asked him "what movie are you gonna watch?"

He says "one for someone that died recently"

I answerd "A Knights Tale" (its the only HL movie we got)

And I was correct. It was weird watching it knowing he's no longer with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 02:34 PM

169 posts, read 580,401 times
Sad to say I don't own any of the movies Heath Ledger has been in but, I have watched quite a few.

I would say the one role he played where I really took notice & he left an indelible impression with me was in "Monster's Ball". It was basically a supporting role, but hard to forget.

I did see him in "Brokeback Mountain". At the end of the film, where he's alone in his trailer with his memories, well, the loneliness was palpable wasn't it?

My husband didn't realize he was only 28. He seemed so mature & life experienced in his roles. We will miss him.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:38 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
I watched "10 Things I Hate About You" on Saturday afternoon! I had been thinking I wanted to watch it but never took time. So I had time Saturday and watched it. I love when he sings in the bleachers and the paintball fight. It's hard to believe he is gone. I'm going to rent "Brokeback Mountain". I've never seen it and I really want to.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,877 times
I dont own any Heath movies, but the weekend before he died I was going to rent Lords of Dogtown (or something like that), and I didnt even know he was in that until I read it after his death. That was kind of weird.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:43 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRed View Post
How many of you pulled out your Heath Ledger DVD after his death? and do you think it was because of his passing?
For quite some time now, I have been meaning to purchase Brokeback Mountain.
I finally did--after Heath Ledger died.
BJ, you are so right about the loneliness being palpable in that final scene, and I agree about Monster's Ball.

I remember dragging my husband and two sons to the theater to see A Knight's Tale on Mother's Day. What fun--the movie and the dragging!

Dragon, that is kind of eerie, but Lords is a good movie.
Ledger really had a way of possessing even the most modest role, his performance was such that he inhabited the character, and made you believe in it.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:32 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
HBO showed Brokeback three times on Sunday. I managed to get through parts of each broadcast. There are so many things left unsaid and facial expressions/actions/words up for interpretation. Heath's performance and the writing is what makes this work. If you go to imbd.com for Brokeback you will see thousands of questions about 'what did this mean?" etc...

It may sound strange but now Heath's death has added even another layer of mystique to that groundbreaking film.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,877 times
That was very eerie. And the week before he died my friend and I were discussing his upcoming role as The Joker, which she didnt know about. I emailed her pictures of him in character and how cool and sinister he looked and everything. Its so strange to talk about him now.. so sad.

I love A Knight's Tale. One of my favorites of his.

And I now want to watch Monsters Ball. Going to go add it to my netflix q.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOfIllFaith View Post
That was very eerie. And the week before he died my friend and I were discussing his upcoming role as The Joker, which she didnt know about. I emailed her pictures of him in character and how cool and sinister he looked and everything. Its so strange to talk about him now.. so sad.

I love A Knight's Tale. One of my favorites of his.

And I now want to watch Monsters Ball. Going to go add it to my netflix q.

He's in it for about 15 minutes, but it's a great performance, my favorite.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
I would say the one role he played where I really took notice & he left an indelible impression with me was in "Monster's Ball". It was basically a supporting role, but hard to forget.
I've been trying to remember him being in that movie, but I don't.

I haven't watched any of his moves lately, but The Brothers Grimm was kind of cool and I might buy that one.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM

169 posts, read 580,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
I've been trying to remember him being in that movie, but I don't.

I haven't watched any of his moves lately, but The Brothers Grimm was kind of cool and I might buy that one.
He played the son of Billy Bob Thornton's character in the movie. Heath's character worked at the same prison as his father, also working on death row. He had a very disfunctional relationship with his father, Billy Bob, as did Billy Bob had with his father. I won't go into too much more detail for those who haven't seen it yet. A lot of good performances are in this movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities