Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I can look at this question with a previous generation in mind. Five years later the biggest star was a reality TV show joking about a canned tuna fish product name. One lost it trying to beat the then bigger star to motherhood. One who everyone said was the greatest singer was trying to out sex the stripper with a recording contract and the last was making little seen RomCom movies. A few more years out the biggest is now only seen with the question did she gain weight. The stripper does Vegas full time with an occasional cameo.The greatest singer sits on a rotating chair and is a few years from the oldies concert circuit. And the last voices cartoons.
I'm guessing you are talking about the teen pop starlets of the late 90s, which would be Britney Spears, Christina Aguleria, Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore(?). Spears and Aguleria were always the most successful of the 4. Simpson was always trying to catch up and Moore jumped ship for acting early on.. did she even have more than one hit?

15 going on 20 years later and by no measure can you say Ms. Spears career was a failure and she should have gone to college instead. She kept making pop hits forever - before and after her breakdown. Hell she might crank out a few more before it's all over. LOL. So I guess there's hope for at least one of these ladies.

Think back to the 80s I guess the equivalents would be Debbie Gibson, Tiffany? I can't think of any girls who sang. I think the teen actors of that era fared better than the singers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 PM

495 posts, read 684,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I'm guessing you are talking about the teen pop starlets of the late 90s, which would be Britney Spears, Christina Aguleria, Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore(?). Spears and Aguleria were always the most successful of the 4. Simpson was always trying to catch up and Moore jumped ship for acting early on.. did she even have more than one hit?

15 going on 20 years later and by no measure can you say Ms. Spears career was a failure and she should have gone to college instead. She kept making pop hits forever - before and after her breakdown. Hell she might crank out a few more before it's all over. LOL. So I guess there's hope for at least one of these ladies.

Think back to the 80s I guess the equivalents would be Debbie Gibson, Tiffany? I can't think of any girls who sang. I think the teen actors of that era fared better than the singers.
Britney Spears Net Worth - TheRichest

Britney has a net worth of 170 million and made 20 million in 2014, yup what a failure she should have got a degree. . Christina has a net worth around 130 million and has an eight figure yearly income, another failure.
Jessica Simpson Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth Jessica has a net worth of 150 million, more fail. And Mandy has a net worth of 23 million, wow 23 million must be almost homeless according to you guys. Man this board is delusional.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:05 PM

620 posts, read 638,578 times
It's interesting to me that everyone here seems to measure success by how many millions they have. I've known many people who achieved far greater success with far more modest bank accounts.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:07 PM

495 posts, read 684,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
It's interesting to me that everyone here seems to measure success by how many millions they have. I've known many people who achieved far greater success with far more modest bank accounts.
What do you call success pumping out 2.5 kids and having a spouse and a mortgage? That to me is not that hard and is average at best. Personal success is just happiness in life and is also not that hard to get rich or poor( although rich you have more options). Great success on a macro level to me is curing a disease or inventing a society changing thing like the printing press or the computer. So to me most people dont achieve "great success" but most can be happy.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:46 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,575,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
If you're measuring success as in money, Jessica Simpson won. Here are the net worth of these 4 pop stars:

1) Britney Spears: $170 Million

2) Jessica Simpson: $150 Million

2) Christina Aguilera: $130 Million

3) Mandy Moore: $23 Million

I would say the top 3 are about equally successful with their music, dancing, acting, brand, etc. when it comes to generating money. Mandy Moore is not doing bad at all. It's not like she NEEDS a job with her over $20 million in the bank.

Last edited by Quaker15; 11-09-2015 at 04:07 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 11:19 PM

Selena Gomez is selling her house that she lived in the past 1.5 year for $4.5 million due to too much stalkers trying to break and enter.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Selena will be a star in TV.
Miley will be a trainwreck who happens to have a hit from time to time.
Demi will evolve into a better musician.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
If they go back to school going to take classical acting at Juilliard would help any them transition to a big box office Drama actress or a Renowned Shakespearean Live play actress on Broadway.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
I'd buy Miley's stock. She's like Madonna, she'll do anything and wear any persona to get attention and/or become more famous. If she thinks dressing as an alpaca will help sales, she'll do it. There is something clearly amoral about her, in some ways she scares me.

Selena will pull out, settle down and have kids. Demi, uh I know she has a nice figure.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
If they go back to school going to take classical acting at Juilliard would help any them transition to a big box office Drama actress or a Renowned Shakespearean Live play actress on Broadway.
I think out of these three, only Selena has the charisma to make it big on the big screen.

Here is how I rank them in terms of who's best at the following category:

Acting/Advertising: Selena

Singing: Demi

Tabloid/Headline: Miley

Best case scenario for Selena is she becomes a big movie actress like Jennifer Lopez and/or a big spokes person for some products like Cindy Crawford now or have her own line of ________(fill in the blank).

Best case scenario for Demi is continue putting out hit singles and albums in years to come like Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey (I am not comparing Demi's skills to those two, but only the longevity of singing career).

Best case scenario for Miley is for her to be the next generation of someone who is a combination of Madonna/Kardashian by continue putting out hit songs and continue being on the cover of magazines to stay relevant to support the sale of her albums and concert tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities