Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,111 times

Advertisements

Raising children takes a lot of work; even for those with money. I am surprised that a former posted implied that she and Brad are "collecting" children. It's sad that when people, regardless of who they are, want to adopt children, that it's looked at that way. If she had her only biological children, would that comment have been said? Perhaps because they're a Hollywood couple, that their children won't have typical lives. That doesn't mean that they won't have good and fulfilling lives. If she didn't love Shiloh or had an issue with having children versus adopting them, she would not be pregnant again. I think people are putting too much weight in something that she didn't communicate well. There are millions of children in places like Africa that live in despair. Helping 2 of them is doing something. She shouldn't be bashed for doing something good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,398 times
I wouldn't take the "shiloh the blob" comment too seriously.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
Raising children takes a lot of work; even for those with money. I am surprised that a former posted implied that she and Brad are "collecting" children. It's sad that when people, regardless of who they are, want to adopt children, that it's looked at that way. If she had her only biological children, would that comment have been said? Perhaps because they're a Hollywood couple, that their children won't have typical lives. That doesn't mean that they won't have good and fulfilling lives. If she didn't love Shiloh or had an issue with having children versus adopting them, she would not be pregnant again. I think people are putting too much weight in something that she didn't communicate well. There are millions of children in places like Africa that live in despair. Helping 2 of them is doing something. She shouldn't be bashed for doing something good.
Yea, the collecting children comment is off base. If they are collecting children, what about those people that have, what is it now ... 16 kids, or is it different for people who have collections of biological children. Like Bill Maher said, if 2 of the most beautiful people in the world was to <well, you know>, I say let 'em! They obviously adore these kids, I say have at it, just keep the blob comments out of the press. I honestly think she said it not realizing how many people would jump on it. Again, she's a bit strange and out of touch. I remember the flack Adam Sandler received when he kept referring to his newborn daughter as "the kid" ...

Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 AM

324 posts, read 1,706,826 times
I think she is a bit strange. Do you guys remember when she used to make out in public with her ex? And wear his blood around her neck? Yikes! She was just odd, then all the sudden she turned into this child loving peace maker. It's a bit much for me. I just don't buy it. I still think there is something wrong with her. Although it does seem from what the press shows us that her kids are ALL well loved and taken care of.

Must be hard to live such a public life. Everyone has seen her make-out with her brother too, and everyone knows she doesn't have anything to do with her father...the more I think about her the stranger I think she is actually! Oh yah, one more thing...didn't she kinda steal Brad from Jen? (who just froze her eggs)ha

Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif View Post
I think she is a bit strange. Do you guys remember when she used to make out in public with her ex? And wear his blood around her neck? Yikes! She was just odd, then all the sudden she turned into this child loving peace maker. It's a bit much for me. I just don't buy it. I still think there is something wrong with her. Although it does seem from what the press shows us that her kids are ALL well loved and taken care of.

Must be hard to live such a public life. Everyone has seen her make-out with her brother too, and everyone knows she doesn't have anything to do with her father...the more I think about her the stranger I think she is actually! Oh yah, one more thing...didn't she kinda steal Brad from Jen? (who just froze her eggs)ha

Overnight, she went from goth-blood-tattoo woman to a glamorous star. Anyone else notice that the tatoos on her arms are gone now?
I didn't get the naming of the child after a beagle, Shiloh. Come back little Shiloh come back.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:41 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,754,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif View Post
Pregnant again. What do you think about that?
Good for her, I think she's a great mom and I think Brad is a great dad. They've got the money, the brains, and the motivation to raise their kids right. That's the kind of children and parents that we need.

Say what you like about them, but they both put their money, time, and their fame into good works, which is a lot more than I can say for most people.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,879 times
I don't know what to think. I mean I am happy they are happy...I think they do great things for our world...But, I just get the vibe they are trying to make some kind of forced statement by having all these kids...I don't know...something is just 'off' about them.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:07 PM

324 posts, read 1,706,826 times
Nebulous1, my aunt had a dog named Shiloh too, so I always think that same way when I hear her name! ha

They do bring a lot of attention to areas that need it with their fame. I'll give them that!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
At least they didn't name her after a piece of fruit or a hot drink.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I don't know what to think. I mean I am happy they are happy...I think they do great things for our world...But, I just get the vibe they are trying to make some kind of forced statement by having all these kids...I don't know...something is just 'off' about them.

I feel the same way........there's just something I can't put my finger on. I'm happy for them, I'm glad they do all the stuff they do....its nice n' all - I hope they stay happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities