Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times

Advertisements

When it's all done, who will be known as the bigger star?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 06:40 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Christina wins this one I think. Great voice. What happened to her though? She seems largely absent from the spotlight.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:41 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Hard to say I'm too old. Ariana Grande mostly stands out for her legs and I never hear her compared to her generational mates. I guess my comparison would have been Grande with Mariah Carey

Christina Aguilera on the other hand was always compared to Brittany Spears she even went as far as to go down that path and try to out strip the stripper with a recording contract only to have Jessica Simpson bypass them both as a reality TV star. And now she has The Voice since she is no longer the constant hit maker to keep her relevant until she hits the oldies tour and her fans are the grandparents taking their grandkids to the Xtina concert.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:22 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Hard to say I'm too old. Ariana Grande mostly stands out for her legs and I never hear her compared to her generational mates. I guess my comparison would have been Grande with Mariah Carey

Christina Aguilera on the other hand was always compared to Brittany Spears she even went as far as to go down that path and try to out strip the stripper with a recording contract only to have Jessica Simpson bypass them both as a reality TV star. And now she has The Voice since she is no longer the constant hit maker to keep her relevant until she hits the oldies tour and her fans are the grandparents taking their grandkids to the Xtina concert.
Christina really stole the show in the movie Burlesque. I do agree she modeled after Britney somewhat after her rise to fame. Never too late for a comeback. Britney herself had a great comeback after a meltdown no less. They can take time off and return with a more mature or different style of music and go on.

Many musicians from the past still earn a good living playing smaller venues. The money is in touring, and nostalgia is strong with old fans. Many 80's glam bands still tour and draw a crowd for example, years after the "death" of Metal musuc due to the grunge/alternative era.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
When it's all done, who will be known as the bigger star?
Christina had a few good songs. I don't know any of Ariana's songs. Of course I don't know any of Taylor Swift's songs either.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 PM

1,149 posts, read 933,810 times
Hands down, Christina. She has been around for a while. Not only has a great big voice and even sang A on SNL. She has also acted and now was a tv personality on the voice. Also has embraced her curves over time.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Hands down, Christina. She has been around for a while. Not only has a great big voice and even sang A on SNL. She has also acted and now was a tv personality on the voice. Also has embraced her curves over time.
Be reminded that Ariana was a TV actress before she became a singer.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:47 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
The question becomes what happens to Grande when she no longer has two hits on every album. Will she have pop culture impact? With Cyrus on the show The Voice is already going younger and will its replacement use a hit maker past her peak in the future?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:58 PM

343 posts, read 316,466 times
Christina Aguilera forever!

Old 12-02-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Ariana has a big voice too and Ariana was also on SNL. Ariana acted also and was a start on a TV show. Ariana is currently embracing her slim and fit body at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities