Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And, yes, Dean Martin...word is, he was never the same after his son, Dino, died in that Air National Guard crash.
Yes, once I read that, and it touched me (I really felt bad for his pain), I disliked him much less than I had. He really was broken by Dino's death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 08:05 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,220,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think it was incredibly stupid for Jerry Lewis to have disinherited his sons.

Now they have no reason not to write a tell-all -- and I suspect some very dirty heretofore-unknown laundry will be aired. Reports have been swirling for decades about his nastiness.

Gary Lewis hasn't been reticent, especially after his brother Joe died:
Gary Lewis Slates His Father Over His Brother's Death | Contactmusic.com
and there's this:
Son of Jerry Lewis Dies From Drug Overdose

I never watched any of his films or found him funny. I give him credit for his dedication raising
billions of dollars for the Muscular Dystrophy Association but even as a child, he seemed mean
and rude.

Gary Lewis about his father:
Gary Lewis, Jerry Lewis’ Son: 5 Fast Facts You Need to*Know

Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Yes, once I read that, and it touched me (I really felt bad for his pain), I disliked him much less than I had. He really was broken by Dino's death.
And Dean Martin didn't disinherit any of his surviving children from previous marriages.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trocadero View Post
Jerry Louis disinherits his 6 sons.
$50 Million go to current wife and adopted daughter.
He must not live in Louisiana.
Wonder what possessed him to take that kind of action.
I was surprised by that statement.
Is Louisiana different? In the rest of the country you can leave your money to whomever you please. Or leave out whomever you wish.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I was surprised by that statement.
Is Louisiana different? In the rest of the country you can leave your money to whomever you please. Or leave out whomever you wish.
LA is different in many ways. With respect to estates, it has a "forced heir" provision, which wouldnt have benefited Jerry's kids, anyway, because they're all over the age at which they couldn't be disinherited. It may well, however, have impacted his bio-daughter, as she's disabled--and there's no age limit in that case.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM

490 posts, read 583,463 times
Jerry Lois must have a good reason, otherwise he doesn't sound like a very nice father. The thing is those 6 sons can call the will and all the inheritance can be eaten up in legal fees so the gold diggers get nothing or much less. They may croak before a court ordered settlement is rendered. Greed can eat you alive.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
Jerry Lois must have a good reason, otherwise he doesn't sound like a very nice father. The thing is those 6 sons can call the will and all the inheritance can be eaten up in legal fees so the gold diggers get nothing or much less. They may croak before a court ordered settlement is rendered. Greed can eat you alive.
The only golddigger here was the decades-younger showgirl who set her sights on an aging star.

It's not exactly a new story.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:47 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I always thought that without the Pacemakers, Gerry wouldn't have amounted to a HILL OF BEANS!

Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
If there was a Lee in there I'd be up on top the piano and kicking out at this very moment.
But yeah,who is the saddo who nearly shared the name of someone famous ?
It's Jerry Lee Lewis.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:47 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
I'm a Dean Martin fan, not a Jerry Lewis fan, although I can admit that Lewis was funny...sometimes very funny... in certain situations.

But over the years my impression was that he wasn't a particularly nice person. His sons seemed to be very negative toward him. It appears he wasn't very good at being married. Plus, considering how he got started in show business miming records, he had huge ego.

However, his estate was his do decide what do with. No one "deserves" someone else's estate. It's the owners to do with as he or she sees fit. Gary Lewis and any other remaining children are adults now...on their own. They were rich kids growing up and led a nice life. What they deserve as adults are what they earned on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities