Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:32 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've got to roll my eyes. Ashley Judd was one of the people calling out Weinstein, about something that happened between them 17 years ago.

But maaaannnn...she was all fiery with her "I'm a nasty girl" speech against Trump back in January.

Anyone find it curious as to why NOW Weinstein's star is waning? He's had people covering for him for YEARS...why is it crash and burn time NOW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I have been wondering that. Like it was a planned attack.
I agree. I feel he upset a real POWER person and that person decided to end him. This dude was doing this for over 30 years and a lot of people in the industry were aware and did nothing. Also, i bet there are other people who do the same thing.

I heard a rumor that the Blurred Lines girl (emily r something) took Robin Thicke to a room so she can demonstrate how badly she wanted the part.

Power, Money and Sex has been a thing since the beginning of time and it ain't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 12:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
Asia Argento claims
He arranged a meeting in his hotel room...ended up just them
he asked for a massage
she gave him one
he "forced" oral ON her...she "pretended" to like it
she told him "I'm no *****"
then proved herself wrong by getting together with him consensually and letting him support her...claims she was afraid hed ruin her career

he had power...she wanted career...it was consensual and now she rewrites history to be victim revamp her slagging career...that's what I see

sorry...is this really rape...do rape victims have a consensual relationship with rapist after the rape

I'm sorry but yeah he is a typical hollyweird pig who used his power to get sex...like many many others...im not justifying or saying he didn't do it...but 30 years later "victims" all come out??? I don't buy it

Old 10-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Asia Argento claims
He arranged a meeting in his hotel room...ended up just them
he asked for a massage
she gave him one
he "forced" oral ON her...she "pretended" to like it
she told him "I'm no *****"
then proved herself wrong by getting together with him consensually and letting him support her...claims she was afraid hed ruin her career

he had power...she wanted career...it was consensual and now she rewrites history to be victim revamp her slagging career...that's what I see

sorry...is this really rape...do rape victims have a consensual relationship with rapist after the rape

I'm sorry but yeah he is a typical hollyweird pig who used his power to get sex...like many many others...im not justifying or saying he didn't do it...but 30 years later "victims" all come out??? I don't buy it
I agree. A lot of these ladies were willing participants at THAT moment. They probably were disgusted that they had to do whatever he wanted. They wanted fame, a great movie role and that guy was the meal ticket.

I find it funny that no directors, producers, big movie execs have come out and shame Harvey. (even if they do they probably have done the same in the past) What put this guy over the edge i guess is that he got bolder and grosser as he got more famous.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:35 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
I've got to roll my eyes. Ashley Judd was one of the people calling out Weinstein, about something that happened between them 17 years ago.

But maaaannnn...she was all fiery with her "I'm a nasty girl" speech against Trump back in January.

Anyone find it curious as to why NOW Weinstein's star is waning? He's had people covering for him for YEARS. ..why is it crash and burn time NOW?

Exactly. This was Hollyweird's open secret for decades. He toed the acceptable political line.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:37 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Now they are going after each other.

This could be fun eventually.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...121558281.html
Not "everyone knew". Kind of like she led the applause for Polanski, because she "didn't know"?

Such garbage spewing out of the mouths of the hollywood elite right now.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not "everyone knew". Kind of like she led the applause for Polanski, because she "didn't know"?

Such garbage spewing out of the mouths of the hollywood elite right now.
she probably had a couple of tryouts on the casting couch....

Old 10-11-2017, 04:48 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
If hypocrisy were a greenhouse gas, the ice caps would be gone by now.

Let’s start with the obvious: Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein wasn’t fired for being a pig, he was fired for being exposed as one. The Weinstein Co. board probably didn’t know everything, but they surely knew enough. The only relevant “new revelation” was public outcry:

Why Harvey Weinstein was fired (Hint: Exposure mattered more than the allegations) - LA Times

Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I agree. I feel he upset a real POWER person and that person decided to end him. This dude was doing this for over 30 years and a lot of people in the industry were aware and did nothing. Also, i bet there are other people who do the same thing.

I heard a rumor that the Blurred Lines girl (emily r something) took Robin Thicke to a room so she can demonstrate how badly she wanted the part.

Power, Money and Sex has been a thing since the beginning of time and it ain't going anywhere.
Was that explains why he got divorced so soon after that song became a hit.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Well, God bless Ronan Farrow.

NBC wasn't going to touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Well, God bless Ronan Farrow.

NBC wasn't going to touch it with a 10 ft pole.
His pops is another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities