Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:56 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,240,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You left off the part where he gave her written instructions on exactly how he wanted to use the sex toy on her. You find nothing wrong with that? I find it very disturbing and yes, as an adult woman I would be mortified if a male colleague gave me such a "gift".
Right--it's not so much about the sex toy as it is the sex toy AT WORK. A male colleague with power and authority over a woman cornering her and asking her about what kind of sex she's into is not appropriate, not professional, not acceptable. She is not an uptight prude for being mortified at that behavior.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:29 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,699,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Wrong.
It was the Sochi (Russia) winter Olympics in 2014.
I did say it was a "rumor I read".

Old 11-29-2017, 05:20 PM

50,467 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You keep saying "due process", but that is a term from the judicial system--someone's employment contract doesn't necessarily fall under those same rules, especially if they are employed at-will. Obviously, NBC's HR reviewed the complaints against Lauer and took action. Could he sue for workplace discrimination? Maybe, but it wouldn't be a good look.
First of all, I fully realize the definition of due process. I had to follow due process as a principal when I suspended students or expelled student.

But, do you really think people should be fired "at-will" for any or no reason? Is that the kind of society we want?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:22 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,413,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just want to know one thing -- are all the people who are being accused getting full due process.
Due process? That doesn't apply to Matt Lauer's situation. You may want to read up on his employment contract. This thread is about Matt Lauer and not "all the people".

Old 11-29-2017, 05:22 PM

50,467 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Here's a start: Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

Very little of these accusations have to do with "repressed memories". Because there's safety in numbers, women are finally feeling emboldened to speak truth to power, and to no longer stay silent about the mistreatment they've experienced, that men like Lauer have gotten away with for years.
My guess is that Lauer is guilty of most of what he has been accused of.
My question is: what have they proved?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
In the near future, we will find out what the accused do. I foresee some legal battles over employment, especially if the accused feel they've been wronged.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:26 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My guess is that Lauer is guilty of most of what he has been accused of.
My question is: what have they proved?
They only need to prove he violated the terms of his employment contract (more than most of us have) and apparently that has already been done.

Poor guy will have to give up his carousing and $25million/year and disappear into the Hamptons.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:18 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,018,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Are you kidding me? A two-month hit piece, er...investigation...by Variety? I'm referring to NBC, his employer, receiving a complaint Monday, then summarily firing him a day later. And you know it.

My standards are a lot higher than those of a supposedly adult woman claiming to have been "mortified" about a sex toy--and those of people who so quickly believe these anonymous complaints about the latest, curious, offense: undressed men reportedly exposing their wares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You left off the part where he gave her written instructions on exactly how he wanted to use the sex toy on her. You find nothing wrong with that? I find it very disturbing and yes, as an adult woman I would be mortified if a male colleague gave me such a "gift".
I once worked in a primarily male environment (for 20+ years). The things I saw and heard would make most heads spin, but I tolerated it because I needed the job. There were times I even laughed at the jokes, but usually out of pity. I once had a superior who had been recently circumcised and he asked me if I wanted to see his "new" penis. I still nearly vomit at the thought. He had the looks and stature of a Harry Weinstein...pure ugly and revolting. I guess he was proud of it but why he thought I would want to see it is a mystery. He truly revolted me and I never, ever gave him the slightest indication I was even remotely interested in him.

I simply do not understand why men think they are so attractive. Especially the ugly ones.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I stopped watching the Today show when they fired Ann Curry.
Yes--I agree--that was a tacky move
He was given more credit than his skills and talent really merited
And apparently he was someone you didn't want to cross...

Old 11-29-2017, 06:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
They only need to prove he violated the terms of his employment contract (more than most of us have) and apparently that has already been done.

Poor guy will have to give up his carousing and $25million/year and disappear into the Hamptons.
Actually he could have a payout clause in his contract even if he was terminated for cause
He can still carouse--just not with the female employees at NBC
And he can go anywhere he wants since he isn't in jail...

The question is did NBC act this strongly and quickly to prove it is morally cleaner and stronger than Fox which has overlooked, paid off, and basically ignored to best of its ability the actions of its major starts--
Hannity is still there after all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.