Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 11:18 PM

11,540 posts, read 12,565,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't think his daughter would lie about his last words, especially when others were there and could dispute it. I also don't know that they were said directly to her. My take was that he said it to himself and/or to everyone in the room...and what I took it to mean is that he immersed himself in alcohol and wasted time that he could have spent with loved ones. Shirley Jones and at least one of his brothers said there was a rift in the family because of his alcoholism and that he was isolating himself from the family. Danny Bonaduce also said that David wasn't talking to anyone after he announced he had dementia.

And I really wonder if instead of dementia he had end stage liver disease and alcoholic encephalopathy and I wonder if he knew that but was trying to save face by calling it dementia instead. I was reading the comments section of some article last week and the article and comments were before David died and someone commented who apparently knew him personally and said he had accepted his diagnosis of liver failure and duct cancer. Someone asked if David had cancer but the original poster didn't reply to that question. I would assume they meant bile duct cancer. If the person posting really did know David personally and the comments were true, then there was more going on than we knew about and David realized he was going to die.
Didn't his own mother die from dementia?

Old 12-03-2017, 12:15 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,379,896 times
I had just arrived in Spain on November 21st, and turned on the telly news announcing David's death. I knew he was very ill, but I was still shocked.

I don't know why his death upset me, but it did. When I was 19 years old, and my girlfriend was 17, we used to watch the Partridge Family on Saturday morning tv before going out into town. She just adored David, like so many other young girls of that time.

I guess I connect him with that time in my life, and happy days back then. He always seemed a kind man, who really cared about his fans. A young girl was killed by being crushed in an adoring crowd at one of his English concerts. David was badly affected by this, and stopped touring back then, in I think 1974.

In later years, he came back to England long after his first fame. His now middle aged fans, those same young girls from many years before, were waiting to greet him, and hear him sing. They still loved him, and he loved them in return.

There was a lot of good in David Cassidy, which is why I am upset at his passing. He fell by the wayside like so many others do, and was just a human being trying to get through this life as best he could. He belongs to a more innocent time, and will be remembered by those fans who grew up with him. My son told me, my ex-wife, his mother, is very upset at David's death. He was more than just a passing fad singer. Something about him touched so many emotionally. My ex wife won't be alone in mourning him.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:31 AM

31,598 posts, read 26,449,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Did you mean Hier Encore? Loosely translated as Only Yesterday? Literally translated as yesterday again.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans-from John Lennon's Beautiful Boy

Agree with your post. You really don't know any public figures from their public personna. Look at all of the comedians who suffered from depression.

Yes, "Hier" it is; darn this MS auto correct. Keep forgetting to switch it into French when typing certain words. Oddly sometimes it will simply leave things as they should, but others......

Really a shame more don't know the French "Hier Encore" as the song is so vastly different than the English versions. Far more *deep* and philosophical IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHokx2L1wi4

Old 12-03-2017, 07:19 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,714,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't think his daughter would lie about his last words, especially when others were there and could dispute it. I also don't know that they were said directly to her. My take was that he said it to himself and/or to everyone in the room...and what I took it to mean is that he immersed himself in alcohol and wasted time that he could have spent with loved ones. Shirley Jones and at least one of his brothers said there was a rift in the family because of his alcoholism and that he was isolating himself from the family. Danny Bonaduce also said that David wasn't talking to anyone after he announced he had dementia.

And I really wonder if instead of dementia he had end stage liver disease and alcoholic encephalopathy and I wonder if he knew that but was trying to save face by calling it dementia instead. I was reading the comments section of some article last week and the article and comments were before David died and someone commented who apparently knew him personally and said he had accepted his diagnosis of liver failure and duct cancer. Someone asked if David had cancer but the original poster didn't reply to that question. I would assume they meant bile duct cancer. If the person posting really did know David personally and the comments were true, then there was more going on than we knew about and David realized he was going to die.

I do think she lied, and I think his estranged daughter's tweet about his "last words" were entirely self-serving.

Instead, I believe Shaun Cassidy's statement, released immediately after his death, that he died with joy in his heart.

This is the first I've heard of duct cancer but, as far as David realizing his death was imminent, I can't imagine how that wouldn't be true. He was seriously ill, and he knew it.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:34 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,335,474 times
There is already an existing David Cassidy thread. Will merge when I have a moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.