Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:32 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,067,125 times

Advertisements

I won't pay more than $100 a ticket. So the Rolling stones on the radio will have to suffice. Going to see Santana this summer, it worked out about $75 per ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 01:18 AM

29 posts, read 16,808 times
Its always been a issue of ticket price. If ticket price is normal then everyone watch. Because some persons can't afford high prices.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 AM

949 posts, read 571,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
"Greed?"? that's the common excuse for people who envy those whose talents, and the wise use of them, enable them to live better, and whose sort-sight can't allow them to see beyond the here-and-now.

Purchasers of concert tickets tend to cluster around two extremes; If they're young and impressionable (star-struck), either somebody else is furnishing the wherewithal or they're enjoying a windfall (often temporary); or they're of mature years, family obligations met and careers established.

Those in between are simply facing the hard choices most of us face during the intervening stages of family life; and most of them made the choice on their own.

It's not "greed"; it's called "life".
I dare to you to list some "talented" people that are worth that amount of attention.

Most are obsessed with attention, they are not talented.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Whatever the reason I'm sad my teen will never be able to experience the live concert feeling.
Back in the 80's I was a teen with a job.
Most of my money went to concerts and the coveted concert shirt.
Those days are long gone.
Journey Zz Top, Reo, Van Halen
30.00 bucks a ticket with a 20.00 shirt.

Then the 90's where the tickets were a whopping 50 bucks for Lisa Stanfield, Eurythmics,
Cindy Lauper, Janet Jackson, Eric Clapton.

Teen wanted to go see Panic at the Disco or in the Disco, dont remember the name....
Sorry honey 135.00 for nosebleed section is not in our budget.

IIRC, Fillmore East tickets in the early '70s were in the $5-7 range for top acts, I don't recall shirts even being sold then.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Whatever the reason I'm sad my teen will never be able to experience the live concert feeling.
Back in the 80's I was a teen with a job.
Most of my money went to concerts and the coveted concert shirt.
Those days are long gone.
Journey Zz Top, Reo, Van Halen
30.00 bucks a ticket with a 20.00 shirt.

Then the 90's where the tickets were a whopping 50 bucks for Lisa Stanfield, Eurythmics,
Cindy Lauper, Janet Jackson, Eric Clapton.

Teen wanted to go see Panic at the Disco or in the Disco, dont remember the name....
Sorry honey 135.00 for nosebleed section is not in our budget.
Why would you pay for the ticket? You mentioned you worked when you were a teen & your money went towards concerts, why couldn't your teen work & do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
That is a load of BS and you know it. Do you honestly want me to believe every asking price of anything is really worth it? Really?

Just because people are forced to pay something doesn't mean it is worth it. If they cornered the market and there is no competition, it becomes monopoly, doesn't it? They are stretching their greed as far as they legally can.

Ticket Master is a legal mafia on concert/venue tickets. Look what happened to Pearl Jam back in the 90s when they went against TM. Even then, it was powerful enough to destroy the careers of quite a few bands like PJ.

I bet, even if a band asked for $1 a head for their concert, the ticket would still be sold at no less than $50 by TM. So, it is fair to say the ticket prices became what they are in the last couple of tickets because people are feeding a hungry, greedy middleman. That is really it.
Peal Jam's career is far from being destroyed from that. They are still touring & selling out arenas. And I wouldn't say at all that people are forced to pay for concert tickets. If they WANT it, they will pay for it. They're not being forced to buy a concert ticket.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:44 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,916 times
Amen ! The Backstreet Boys are playing here this summer and I'm dying to go...but 150 bucks for tickets ???? What the heck happened ? I remember back in the 80s a concert ticket was 30 bucks. It's like everything else, working people are being priced out of everything.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times
It's simple supply and demand. Higher demand = higher prices. However, do not discount the scam that is ticket brokers (of which Ticketmaster is one) buying up tickets and reselling them for huge premiums. It's disgusting. Personally, I would rather see the bands get that $$ than those scumbags at Ticketmaster.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:58 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Peal Jam's career is far from being destroyed from that. They are still touring & selling out arenas. And I wouldn't say at all that people are forced to pay for concert tickets. If they WANT it, they will pay for it. They're not being forced to buy a concert ticket.
If you are not aware how much momentum their careers and popularity lost due to lack of being able to book concerts/shows, they I am thinking you were living under a rock in the late 90s. That noble act cost them dearly. It wasn't literally over -barely- because of they kept fighting diligently.

There is a difference between "being forced to pay" and "being forced to pay a specific amount".
If you see the difference, you will get my point.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; 02-18-2019 at 02:56 PM..

Old 02-18-2019, 02:14 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,467,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's simple supply and demand. Higher demand = higher prices. However, do not discount the scam that is ticket brokers (of which Ticketmaster is one) buying up tickets and reselling them for huge premiums. It's disgusting. Personally, I would rather see the bands get that $$ than those scumbags at Ticketmaster.
I go to the ticket office at the Civic Center to get tickets. Last time I bought through Ticketmaster it was something like a $30 premium per ticket, and the seats were no better than buying at the ticket office.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:47 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,430,332 times
Rock n roll... They sell a certain lifestyle they themselves do not live.
It is just another business.

I worked for a company called, Stageco. They built all the podiums worldwide for the big acts. And WWF , next week a stage for the pope.... They all have the same interest. Your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities