Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 07:33 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
I don't buy that if you are white mixed race with black that makes you white. Not in the US! Theres no way you can say you are white. Its that long standing one drop rule. Imagine being brown or have black features and trying to front that you are white--No. Even black people know that. I have several mixed race relatives and they know better than to try to say they are white.
The difference with blacks is that they are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum of whites when it comes to physical features. So it is hard for a mixed person (black/white) to claim white because most times they still look black physically to the general eye (hair and other feature). They may be lighter skinned, but they still usually look like general African Americans.

All other races are more physically similar to whites, so when they mix with whites, they can more easily pass for being white than blacks.

Every once in a while there are rare exemptions of a mixed black that could actually pass for white (Meghan Markle is an example), but it is very rare. Even people like Hallie Berry, Beyoncé, etc look like general African Americans (albeit lighter skin- and I know Beyoncé is full black, just using her as an example).

Old 02-21-2019, 08:05 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
I really hope they put him in jail and make an example out of him. Jussie Smollet is a attention seeking, millennial coward. And people like him divide this country and it's people rather than bring them together.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I really hope they put him in jail and make an example out of him. Jussie Smollet is a attention seeking, millennial coward. And people like him divide this country and it's people rather than bring them together.
This!!! Just one more troublemaker.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
He just was shredded by police chief on tv in a bulletin update.

I hope he gets jail time for this felony....

Old 02-21-2019, 08:38 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post

Maybe you, and some others should look up the definition of racist.
It's really not complicated.

So, you're saying discrimination against someone due to their skin color is NOT racism?

Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 AM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Busted!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/a...k-suspect.html

"Filing a false police report in Illinois is technically referred to as disorderly conduct and can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony. In Mr. Smollett’s case, he was charged with a felony count, which carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison."
I have a feeling he's going to get more than 3 years. I assume that death threat letter, which went through the US postal service, has to be another charge forthcoming.

This guy has wasted a massive amount of police resources. An example should be set.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:09 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
The thing is, I don't understand why he would do this. He is/was a successful actor, from a family of successful actors. I've seen him on talk shows and he didn't seem particularly egotistical or bad mannered or weird in any way. Why would he need to introduce this craziness into his life? It just doesn't make sense to me that he would think up a plan to cause strife about race or homosexuality, then go to the trouble to find someone to go in it with him, then enact the whole ruse. Could someone be that much of an attention seeker? Or that stupid? Because there doesn't seem to be any other benefit to this action. It's just odd, and I keep thinking something else will come to light.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:17 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Busted!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/a...k-suspect.html

"Filing a false police report in Illinois is technically referred to as disorderly conduct and can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony. In Mr. Smollett’s case, he was charged with a felony count, which carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison."
He wasted at lot of MONEY with what he did
There were police investigating his HOAX as well as the real crime as the story dissolved
He wanted attention—he got it
He was just very stupid—very stupid—about how he went about this
It just makes you wonder about the general level of education in America

Old 02-21-2019, 10:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The thing is, I don't understand why he would do this. He is/was a successful actor, from a family of successful actors. I've seen him on talk shows and he didn't seem particularly egotistical or bad mannered or weird in any way. Why would he need to introduce this craziness into his life? It just doesn't make sense to me that he would think up a plan to cause strife about race or homosexuality, then go to the trouble to find someone to go in it with him, then enact the whole ruse. Could someone be that much of an attention seeker? Or that stupid? Because there doesn't seem to be any other benefit to this action. It's just odd, and I keep thinking something else will come to light.
Like what —
There was someone who influenced his decision?
If so—charge them both...

Old 02-21-2019, 10:54 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Man the memes on this are sad and absolutely hilarious. Black blogs are ripping him a new one.

His career is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What I find interesting is that if you go to You Tube, the anti-Smollett rants are almost all by African-Americans. Not what I would have expected.
If you frequent black entertainment blogs there was some skepticism expressed in the comment sections about this story from the beginning. Those people feel vindicated so now they arae pouncing.

Also, he's gay and mixed race, which makes him a target of the super radical BLACK BLACK BLACK pan african HOTEP types. They will be all over ranting because that's what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities