Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 02:26 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i don't know how melinda managed to stay with bill for over three decades. he is completely dislikeable. i hope she finds happiness in the next part of her life. many billions in the divorce settlement should help.

who cares what happens to melinda's soon to be ex-husband?
One of my first thoughts was...Will Warren Buffett alter his estate plan ?

Warren was planning to leave almost all of his money to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

An article I found on the day this news broke mentioned that there won’t be any changes re the foundation, but who knows ?

Bill is almost like a son to Warren, but Warren has said in the past that he made the decision to leave his money to the Gates foundation because of Melinda.

The day after I saw that first story, I saw another story that mentioned that Bill has hired three different law firms to represent him, and one of the law firms is affiliated with Charlie Munger. Charlie Munger is sort of known as Warren’s ‘right hand man’. I also heard it’s likely she’ll get ‘1/4’ which, IIRC, is about what MacKenzie Scott (Bezos) got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 09:22 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
$60 BILLION in divorce settlement. Oof.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

I'm sure she deserves every penny. I haven't read much about it but he sounds like scum to be married to.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm sure she deserves every penny. I haven't read much about it but he sounds like scum to be married to.
Parading around with the likes of Jeffrey Epstein....yup. Who knows what he does behind closed doors. His wife probably has some idea, but we will never see the light of it.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:49 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Parading around with the likes of Jeffrey Epstein....yup. Who knows what he does behind closed doors. His wife probably has some idea, but we will never see the light of it.

Thankfully I don't know much about him either.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:10 AM

5,135 posts, read 3,747,404 times
60 billion? He should be happy with that. His net is a heckuva lot more than twice that.

Old 08-07-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Every article I’ve found says “may” or “could” re $60 billion and doesn’t discuss any final numbers at all.

Do you have anything more concrete than just stating your post above ?

Old 08-07-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Every article I’ve found says “may” or “could” re $60 billion and doesn’t discuss any final numbers at all.

Do you have anything more concrete than just stating your post above ?
It's all kind of irrelevant. 6 billion...16....60....it's so much at any of these numbers that it's embarrassing.

But yes I read an article that said it could be worth around $60B

Old 08-07-2021, 01:48 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
A supposedly a brilliant mind but not smartest enough to do a pre-nup.
Ellwood,
Can you explain your theory? Not to call you out which I am not. I wonder why men feel the need for this legal contract?

I do not believe a pre-nup contract is fair or just for all.

His wife was with him day in and day out every single day participating, listening, helping, providing, doing everything a wife can do while he could bring home the bacon AND care for his three children. Why is she not entitled to some of Microsoft's money? She actually did earn some of it. I think Melinda is his first and only wife - mother of his 3 children. His one and only marriage. Why would she sign a pre-nup? They did not know Bill would produce a billion-dollar Microsoft company on their wedding day. They married in love as should be.

A wife/mother position can not be summed up by the hour. Her labor and time should never be FREE because her job title is "WIFE" This is so wrong on so many levels.

There is a huge difference between WIFE/MOTHER and "GOLD DIGGER" One has dirty hands and a sweating forehead while the other is standing with one hand on the hip, and the other hand is out waiting to be filled with green paper. The whole point is to be smart and brilliant to know the difference before tying the knot! LOL

Big difference.

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-07-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-08-2021, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
A supposedly a brilliant mind but not smartest enough to do a pre-nup.
Bill cares about his overall legacy….which includes the funding of his foundation beyond his own. Warren Buffett has said in the past that his leaving his money to the foundation is because of Melinda….quite a statement considering that Bill has been almost like a son to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities