Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 12:30 AM

24,489 posts, read 23,199,764 times

Advertisements

He was on jeffrey Epstein's plane list. Only once I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 08:24 AM

17,745 posts, read 15,522,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I was heartened to learn, from his own podcast video, that he recently got his "booster" to keep himself "safe".

End of November. And in December, he had Covid. So.. If you want to think either played a part..

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-before-death

More power to you.. But.. Most likely, he was 65 years old, lived much of his life on the road in comedy clubs and just had a heart attack.

Old 01-11-2022, 12:57 PM

little more info, apparently they didn't go to his room JUST because he missed check out time.. His family called the hotel and asked them to go to the room to check if he was there and if he was OK after they were unable to contact him.

Apparently when they (Hotel staff) entered, he was cold to the touch.. So, exactly why they started CPR I'm not sure. The bad part there, pending on parts of the country.. Once CPR has been initiated, some EMTs are required to continue it until arrival at the hospital where a doctor can pronounce death.

I don't think that's the case in Florida, because he was apparently declared dead in the hotel room. I suspect it was hotel policy or something that caused the security/housekeeping folks to begin CPR.. Or, it could have been their own decision.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,411,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Hate to rain on everyone's sympathy parade ... but there was an obvious dark side to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeZS3mGDKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlXbALmKeH0

Watch if you have the stomach for it....
Blech.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:15 PM

17,628 posts, read 16,802,577 times
Dang it! I wish I didn't watch those videos. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. Ugh.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:33 PM

9,547 posts, read 16,613,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
little more info, apparently they didn't go to his room JUST because he missed check out time.. His family called the hotel and asked them to go to the room to check if he was there and if he was OK after they were unable to contact him.

Apparently when they (Hotel staff) entered, he was cold to the touch.. So, exactly why they started CPR I'm not sure. The bad part there, pending on parts of the country.. Once CPR has been initiated, some EMTs are required to continue it until arrival at the hospital where a doctor can pronounce death.

I don't think that's the case in Florida, because he was apparently declared dead in the hotel room. I suspect it was hotel policy or something that caused the security/housekeeping folks to begin CPR.. Or, it could have been their own decision.
It takes several hours for the body to be completely cold, so evidently he had died some hours before the maid or security discovered he had died. I also don't know why they started CPR, perhaps they just felt they needed to try. Or as you mentioned Hotel Policy. I can't say I'm surprised Mr Saget was declared dead in his hotel room, but I think in many cases its done at the hospital by a doctor. I know when my Dad died in his home in Massachusetts of cancer, he was declared dead at his house by a hospice nurse. I called their office when I felt he had died and they sent the nurse. I remember thinking I thought a doctor does this. His death was expected though, unlike Mr Saget. Very unexpected or so it seems for the poor guy.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
It takes several hours for the body to be completely cold, so evidently he had died some hours before the maid or security discovered he had died. I also don't know why they started CPR, perhaps they just felt they needed to try. Or as you mentioned Hotel Policy. I can't say I'm surprised Mr Saget was declared dead in his hotel room, but I think in many cases its done at the hospital by a doctor. I know when my Dad died in his home in Massachusetts of cancer, he was declared dead at his house by a hospice nurse. I called their office when I felt he had died and they sent the nurse. I remember thinking I thought a doctor does this. His death was expected though, unlike Mr Saget. Very unexpected or so it seems for the poor guy.
EMTs can declare someone dead if there are certain signs of death. I don't know what all the signs are but there must have been some clear indication to the EMTs that he was no longer alive.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Dang it! I wish I didn't watch those videos. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. Ugh.

I actually think they're kinda cool from the 'breaking typecast' angle.. I presume one of them is The Aristocrats joke, which Saget apparently just loved to death and the whole POINT of the joke is to make it as long, sick and depraved as you can with the punchline being "The Aristocrats".. Which, again, the point is that it's a horrid punchline.

Saget certainly did work blue, which.. Not everyone's cup of tea.. But he wasn't Danny Tanner all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
EMTs can declare someone dead if there are certain signs of death. I don't know what all the signs are but there must have been some clear indication to the EMTs that he was no longer alive.

It varies per state. I know, at least in the early 90's in Virginia, paramedics had to continue CPR until arrival at a hospital if it had been started when they arrived on scene. Had a friend who was a paramedic who.. told me some really, really bad stories about that. Only doctors could declare someone dead and paramedics were not doctors.

California, I believe paramedics cannot declare someone deceased, either.. And might have much the same rules.. See Michael Jackson and the like.

But, paramedic licensing, training and all that varies from state to state, so it makes sense that what they can and can't do varies as well.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I actually think they're kinda cool from the 'breaking typecast' angle.. I presume one of them is The Aristocrats joke, which Saget apparently just loved to death and the whole POINT of the joke is to make it as long, sick and depraved as you can with the punchline being "The Aristocrats".. Which, again, the point is that it's a horrid punchline.

Saget certainly did work blue, which.. Not everyone's cup of tea.. But he wasn't Danny Tanner all the time.

It varies per state. I know, at least in the early 90's in Virginia, paramedics had to continue CPR until arrival at a hospital if it had been started when they arrived on scene. Had a friend who was a paramedic who.. told me some really, really bad stories about that. Only doctors could declare someone dead and paramedics were not doctors.

California, I believe paramedics cannot declare someone deceased, either.. And might have much the same rules.. See Michael Jackson and the like.

But, paramedic licensing, training and all that varies from state to state, so it makes sense that what they can and can't do varies as well.
When i played that first video I was expecting some raunchy humor but, wow, that was just sick. I couldn't watch more than a minute of it before I had to turn it off. I hope to never see anything like that ever again. And I have a pretty well developed sense of humor. I didn't see anything funny at all about that "routine". I've never heard about "The Aristocrats" punchline so if the idea is to come up with the most sick and depraved thing that you can think of and end it with the punchline - seriously I had no idea that was even a thing - then I guess Saget nailed it with that one.

I don't think that Saget's more current show was like that though.

Old 01-12-2022, 10:09 AM

37,808 posts, read 46,333,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I was heartened to learn, from his own podcast video, that he recently got his "booster" to keep himself "safe".
Wow. Dumbfounded that you would jump that ravine LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities