Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 03:08 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times

Advertisements

I have friends, where the husband fell on a slippery floor at a wedding reception. It broke his skull.

The problems he's had over the years...it's crazy. All kinds of complications. Brain swelling, having to take off and reattach a skull plate 3 or 4 times, him almost dying several times, learning to walk and talk again...A permanent dent in his head...it's hard to believe what all that family has been through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 03:37 PM

10,560 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Maybe we should all start wearing helmets all the time.
Including when you get vaxxed, of course.

A minor case could be made for wearing one during winter at times in Alaska. So many people I've heard of, slipping on ice and whacking their heads. So far I've always landed on my butt or caught myself with both hands.

Old 02-11-2022, 03:50 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

A minor case could be made for wearing one during winter at times in Alaska. So many people I've heard of, slipping on ice and whacking their heads. So far I've always landed on my butt or caught myself with both hands.
I'm not getting vaxxed, but thanks, lol

Yeah, ice is no joke! That possibility had crossed my mind when I heard Bob Saget was travelling, until I found out he was in Florida when he passed.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:00 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
But how does that rule anything out? If he got mugged on his way home could have been the same result? I am hopeful they have ruled out fowl play but from the information so far we can't tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
What's fishy about it? I just don't see it. People fall.

Look at you ... bringing reason to a CD forum.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:13 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I have friends, where the husband fell on a slippery floor at a wedding reception. It broke his skull.

The problems he's had over the years...it's crazy. All kinds of complications. Brain swelling, having to take off and reattach a skull plate 3 or 4 times, him almost dying several times, learning to walk and talk again...A permanent dent in his head...it's hard to believe what all that family has been through.
Oh, man. You're kidding me. I've heard that the skull is pretty hard to crack but.. maybe not. I guess it all depends on how you fall (could you sufficiently brace yourself) and the surface. What a freak accident. My heart goes out to him & his loved ones.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:34 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

Winter anywhere if there is ice. We are in GA and DH and I have both fallen on ice. He stopped himself with one hand and dislocated a shoulder. I stopped myself with one hand and got a nasty risk fracture - dominant hand, of course.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:20 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Natasha Richardson
Ah thanks for that! Don’t know where I got Miranda from.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I agree. That floor looks like it would be especially treacherous if wet.

There is also a kitchen with unknown type of flooring that could have had water spilled. Doesn't take a lot of water on a smooth surfaced floor to make you fall.
We stayed at a beautiful Cape May hotel for my work Christmas party (I live almost an hour from the venue) and I found the shower floor scary slippery. I moved very carefully in there and even held onto the bar just in case.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Winter anywhere if there is ice. We are in GA and DH and I have both fallen on ice. He stopped himself with one hand and dislocated a shoulder. I stopped myself with one hand and got a nasty risk fracture - dominant hand, of course.
I have ice cleats that slip over your shoes. But when I try to get my honey to wear them he thinks I’m being ridiculous. He once had a bad fall getting out of his truck onto ice, luckily he didn’t get hurt. But the older you get the slower your reaction time gets. We get people at the nursing home who smash their faces when they fall because they can’t react quickly enough to even put a hand out.

Old 02-12-2022, 03:54 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have ice cleats that slip over your shoes. But when I try to get my honey to wear them he thinks I’m being ridiculous. He once had a bad fall getting out of his truck onto ice, luckily he didn’t get hurt. But the older you get the slower your reaction time gets. We get people at the nursing home who smash their faces when they fall because they can’t react quickly enough to even put a hand out.
My MIL once fell getting off a bus: face forward. Had to see a dentist. I think she was probably in her 80s. No ice, just tripped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities