Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2022, 06:16 PM

17,446 posts, read 16,620,623 times

Advertisements

I don't understand how he got skull fractures on the back of his head and also skull fractures around his eyes. i found the conclusion that he "thought nothing of it" sort of shocking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 06:52 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,377,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't understand how he got skull fractures on the back of his head and also skull fractures around his eyes. i found the conclusion that he "thought nothing of it" sort of shocking.
It's not uncommon to have both. In this series there were both in almost 6% of cases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6912243/

The bone in the floor of the eye socket is very thin and fragile. It does not take much to break it.

Old 02-12-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's not uncommon to have both. In this series there were both in almost 6% of cases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6912243/

The bone in the floor of the eye socket is very thin and fragile. It does not take much to break it.
Thanks. I had no idea that something like that could happen.

I would imagine that a knock to the head like that would hurt pretty badly.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:06 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,595,679 times
There is some mystery involved - no one is saying HOW he got so many serious injuries to his head - one doctor said if a person with these injuries came to the emergency room of a hospital that he would think the injured person was maybe the victim of an assault and a physical attack - which is what the injuries are congruent with.

There seems like possible cover-up involved - or a lack of further investigation. And his wife has been very unclear what she knew about his supposed fall. (had he texted her or emailed her or spoke on phone about a fall?)

Old 02-12-2022, 08:15 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
There seems like possible cover-up involved - or a lack of further investigation. And his wife has been very unclear what she knew about his supposed fall. (had he texted her or emailed her or spoke on phone about a fall?)
Yeah, no. I don't think the Florida police are doing a big cover up of Bob Saget's death. That seems even more unbelievable then some of these other theories people are coming up with.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:57 PM

8,942 posts, read 4,786,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Full House was everywhere back in the day- I know because I had to take care to avoid it.
Yep! lol. Same here. I detested that show and it would always pop up in some channel at all hours of the day when channel surfing. The re-runs. Everywhere.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:06 PM

16,665 posts, read 8,369,674 times
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tures.amp.html

Some neurosurgeons said that it would be unusual for a typical fall to cause Mr. Saget’s set of fractures — to the back, the right side and the front of his skull. Those doctors said that the injuries appeared more reminiscent of ones suffered by people who fall from a considerable height or get thrown from their seat in a car crash.

The autopsy, though, found no injuries to other parts of Mr. Saget’s body, as would be expected in a lengthier fall. The medical examiner ruled that the death was accidental. The local sheriff’s office had previously said there were no signs of foul play.

“This is significant trauma,” said Dr. Gavin Britz, the chair in neurosurgery at Houston Methodist. “This is something I find with someone with a baseball bat to the head, or who has fallen from 20 or 30 feet.”

Old 02-12-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tures.amp.html

Some neurosurgeons said that it would be unusual for a typical fall to cause Mr. Saget’s set of fractures — to the back, the right side and the front of his skull. Those doctors said that the injuries appeared more reminiscent of ones suffered by people who fall from a considerable height or get thrown from their seat in a car crash.

The autopsy, though, found no injuries to other parts of Mr. Saget’s body, as would be expected in a lengthier fall. The medical examiner ruled that the death was accidental. The local sheriff’s office had previously said there were no signs of foul play.

“This is significant trauma,” said Dr. Gavin Britz, the chair in neurosurgery at Houston Methodist. “This is something I find with someone with a baseball bat to the head, or who has fallen from 20 or 30 feet.”
That is just truly bizarre and very unsettling.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:10 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,595,679 times
His eye sockets were black and blue and fractured, as were the back and front of his skull fractured in a number of places.

sexual encounter gone bad maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
Bob Saget, 65, found dead in a Florida hotel room-54046185-10499965-image-8_1644547656375.jpg  

Old 02-12-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
There is some mystery involved - no one is saying HOW he got so many serious injuries to his head - one doctor said if a person with these injuries came to the emergency room of a hospital that he would think the injured person was maybe the victim of an assault and a physical attack - which is what the injuries are congruent with.

Is there any indication at all that he told his wife or anyone else that he had fallen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities