Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2022, 10:13 PM

17,507 posts, read 16,677,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
His eye sockets were black and blue and fractured, as was the back of his skull.

sexual encounter gone bad maybe?
Where are you getting details like that?

He had made a video early that morning (4 or 5am I think) and he seemed fine and in good spirits.

Then later in the afternoon his wife asked the hotel to check on him because she couldn't get a hold of him. And that's when he was found in bed. No signs of a struggle, foul play or anything like that.

Then this weird autopsy report. WTH??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 04:01 AM

19,769 posts, read 20,352,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Where are you getting details like that?

He had made a video early that morning (4 or 5am I think) and he seemed fine and in good spirits.

Then later in the afternoon his wife asked the hotel to check on him because she couldn't get a hold of him. And that's when he was found in bed. No signs of a struggle, foul play or anything like that.

Then this weird autopsy report. WTH??
Yup. His skull was cracked from the back all the way up towards his ear. Severe head trauma.

Sounds like he got tucked into bed, with a shovel.

Old 02-13-2022, 04:21 AM

16,755 posts, read 8,485,502 times
I would imagine there is much more being investigated on this. There’s no way the public (us ) are getting all of the details. While it is possible to die simply falling and hitting your head on something, more opinions are emerging that this seems more consistent with someone who has fallen many feet or has been hit with something.

I also see people comparing this to Nathasha Richardson’s fall. Natasha was skiing: Richardson was on the hill with an instructor and nearing the bottom of a beginners' trail when she toppled over; her head, free from the confinement and protection of a helmet, banged against the still hard-packed snow.

No one knows how fast she was going but she was on skiis going at some amount of speed, fell, hit head. Reports indicate that the ski instructors were concerned enough that they wanted to call an ambulance, she said no.

Bob wasn’t skiing. He was in a hotel room when this happened supposedly. Too bad there wasn’t more to see on those surveillance cameras. But based on how bad the injuries were if I were the family I’d be pretty upset and wanting more info. The guy was worth 50 million bucks and has been on the scene for quite some time. I just think it’s naive to brush it off as a fall. If I was the family I’d just want to be absolutely sure there was no foul play.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:26 AM

16,434 posts, read 12,589,516 times
Quote:
I don't understand how he got skull fractures on the back of his head and also skull fractures around his eyes. i found the conclusion that he "thought nothing of it" sort of shocking.
It might not be that he "thought nothing of it" but more a case of he wasn't thinking clearly because of the injury.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:43 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,803,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It might not be that he "thought nothing of it" but more a case of he wasn't thinking clearly because of the injury.
Facts. Maybe he went to bed in intense pain to rest for awhile and then promptly passed out and died.
When my mom fell, she couldn't think clearly. Couldn't tell me what happened, couldn't really speak and shouted to me to just leave her alone. I called 911 and they did an mri and found she had bleeding in the brain due to head trauma. If I wasn't there with her, she would've died.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
How he was dressed should give some indicator as to what happened. Was he still wearing the clothes that he had arrived in the hotel in or did it appear that he had recently taken a shower? If he fell in the shower and clobbered his head badly, sustaining that head trauma, I can't imagine him being able to get dressed, walk to the bed and lay down.

If I recall correctly, his suitcases were packed up. He probably hadn't bothered to unpack them for such a short stay. But had he changed clothes?

Old 02-13-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Facts. Maybe he went to bed in intense pain to rest for awhile and then promptly passed out and died.
When my mom fell, she couldn't think clearly. Couldn't tell me what happened, couldn't really speak and shouted to me to just leave her alone. I called 911 and they did an mri and found she had bleeding in the brain due to head trauma. If I wasn't there with her, she would've died.
That is scary, thank goodness you were there. While it makes sense to me that a person with a head injury might not be thinking clearly and might not understand how badly they are injured, it's the severity of Bob's skull fractures which gives me pause.

I guess the coroner has seen cases like this, it is just shocking to a layperson like me that a person could be so badly injured and still be able to walk across the room and tuck himself into bed. Actually, it sounds like even some doctors are surprised that he suffered such grave injuries in what amounts to a slip and fall injury.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:14 PM

6,861 posts, read 4,318,191 times
Quote:
That is scary, thank goodness you were there. While it makes sense to me that a person with a head injury might not be thinking clearly and might not understand how badly they are injured, it's the severity of Bob's skull fractures which gives me pause.

I guess the coroner has seen cases like this, it is just shocking to a layperson like me that a person could be so badly injured and still be able to walk across the room and tuck himself into bed. Actually, it sounds like even some doctors are surprised that he suffered such grave injuries in what amounts to a slip and fall injury.

My curiosity is certainly sufficiently piqued that I'd like to see all the information about the circumstances, photos from the scene etc.

Of course, we probably never will see all that stuff, but if I was the family I'd hire an experienced PI to do more digging.

I certainly think it's possible that local authorities messed up the investigation. Wouldn't be the first or the last time.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:50 PM

19,761 posts, read 12,326,266 times
Quote:
How he was dressed should give some indicator as to what happened. Was he still wearing the clothes that he had arrived in the hotel in or did it appear that he had recently taken a shower? If he fell in the shower and clobbered his head badly, sustaining that head trauma, I can't imagine him being able to get dressed, walk to the bed and lay down.

If I recall correctly, his suitcases were packed up. He probably hadn't bothered to unpack them for such a short stay. But had he changed clothes?
yep I was thinking the same. There are a lot of details like that to put together to help figure out how this may have happened.

At first it sounded like a minor injury (bruise on back of head), and it didn't make much sense that he would die from it. Now it is severe injury equivalent to a long fall or getting thrown in a car crash. A man quietly in his hotel room found in bed gets such an injury - when, how? If I were family I would hire the best detectives money could buy to sift through every detail.

Old 02-13-2022, 02:12 PM

16,434 posts, read 12,589,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
yep I was thinking the same. There are a lot of details like that to put together to help figure out how this may have happened.

At first it sounded like a minor injury (bruise on back of head), and it didn't make much sense that he would die from it. Now it is severe injury equivalent to a long fall or getting thrown in a car crash. A man quietly in his hotel room found in bed gets such an injury - when, how? If I were family I would hire the best detectives money could buy to sift through every detail.
Maybe I missed something ... who said it was equivalent to a long fall or getting thrown in a car crash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities