Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 08:27 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times

Advertisements

Hang in there Bruce.
You've got great family backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 11:56 AM

50,709 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Sad. Michael J. Fox also retired from acting due to speech problems.
He retired due to Parkinson's. He had speech problems but also uncontrollable tremors.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:29 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Linda Ronstadt has a medical condition that prevents her from singing properly.
Selma Blair has a medical condition that hinders her acting. I forget what both of them have but it has curtailed their career. smh. It's sad...

As I'm getting older, I have become much more appreciative about health. If you are healthy, you've got it all. Or darn near close to it. In my mom's bldg, there's a resident that will be 92 in July. She can still live independently and able to walk and take the stairs totally unaided. She is blessed. Not that if you're unhealthy, you're not. Just sayin.

And you hear about 87 year old marathon runners. Woah.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:32 AM

33,314 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Linda Ronstadt has a medical condition that prevents her from singing properly.
Selma Blair has a medical condition that hinders her acting. I forget what both of them have but it has curtailed their career. smh. It's sad...

As I'm getting older, I have become much more appreciative about health. If you are healthy, you've got it all. Or darn near close to it. In my mom's bldg, there's a resident that will be 92 in July. She can still live independently and able to walk and take the stairs totally unaided. She is blessed. Not that if you're unhealthy, you're not. Just sayin.

And you hear about 87 year old marathon runners. Woah.
I'd forgotten what Linda Ronstadt has, so I had to look it up (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy,,,,but until that diagnosis, for 6 years they thought she had Parkinson's), but I remembered that Selma Blair has Multiple Sclerosis.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I think someone needs to look into why Bruce Willis was still working. There are reports out there that his cognitive decline was already noticeable. One director had to be convinced to work with him again this year because of what he was like last year. This director was told he was fine, but he said Willis was actually worse this year. somebody seemed to keep wanting to put him in these movies, but should have stopped him. Reading between the lines, I believe the family had a come to Jesus meeting with Bruce and his handlers and told them no more. I cannot fathom what it is like to have what Bruce Willis has, but somebody needed to step in sooner than they did. I'm not blaming the family. I think they did the right thing. I think it as the people that worked "for" Willis who did not want their good thing ending anytime soon.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:29 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I think someone needs to look into why Bruce Willis was still working. There are reports out there that his cognitive decline was already noticeable. One director had to be convinced to work with him again this year because of what he was like last year. This director was told he was fine, but he said Willis was actually worse this year. somebody seemed to keep wanting to put him in these movies, but should have stopped him. Reading between the lines, I believe the family had a come to Jesus meeting with Bruce and his handlers and told them no more. I cannot fathom what it is like to have what Bruce Willis has, but somebody needed to step in sooner than they did. I'm not blaming the family. I think they did the right thing. I think it as the people that worked "for" Willis who did not want their good thing ending anytime soon.

I think you might be looking for nefarious things where they do not exist.

If I had to guess.. The person responsible for the bold.. Was likely Bruce himself.

My opinion only.. But oftentimes, especially with cognitive difficulties.. The person experiencing them is the last to realize it. Or realize how bad it has become.

Old 04-04-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I think you might be looking for nefarious things where they do not exist.

If I had to guess.. The person responsible for the bold.. Was likely Bruce himself.

My opinion only.. But oftentimes, especially with cognitive difficulties.. The person experiencing them is the last to realize it. Or realize how bad it has become.
Also, he probably wanted to earn as much as he could, re security for his family, before he'd have to stop

Old 04-05-2022, 04:34 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Also, he probably wanted to earn as much as he could, re security for his family, before he'd have to stop
I think Bruces family would be well covered financially.. 144 films he wouldnt have to keep working he must have wanted to.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think Bruces family would be well covered financially.. 144 films he wouldnt have to keep working he must have wanted to.
You can imagine how those residuals and your own net worth would cover yourself of someone similar to you, but you don't know how much his wife Emma spends and if the residuals plus the income thrown off from his current net worth ( of $100 million +) for the 40 plus additional years of Emma's life would be enough.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Rumor is that his net worth is 200 million. He will have access to top health care and home care access.

It sucks but he will be taken care of. I wonder why he kept acting given his condition. He could have just retired. All his kids will be ok. He could put a trust fund for 20 million for 5 kids and still have 100 mil left over.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...lis-net-worth/

I wonder why he kept at it too, was it him or his people that depend on him for their paycheck? We may never know until one of his kids writes a tell all...

It will probably be written by Rumor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities