Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-31-2024, 04:42 AM
 
Location: In the north country fair
5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Reputation: 7856

Advertisements

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/cha...-v-1235956320/

I was really sad to hear this. I enjoyed watching him in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. He was a very talented young man. Another addition to the 27 club…

Last edited by StarlaJane; 03-31-2024 at 05:21 AM..

 
Old 03-31-2024, 11:13 AM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Reputation: 3601
I never heard of him before that. There probably should be a special Motorcycle Club. Even if the immediate fault is on another driver - and reportedly his accident was solo - those machines lead to death. Time for some public talk discouraging riding motorcycles. Let's not wait for a very famous person to die that way.
 
Old 04-01-2024, 11:09 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Reputation: 40731
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I never heard of him before that. There probably should be a special Motorcycle Club. Even if the immediate fault is on another driver - and reportedly his accident was solo - those machines lead to death. Time for some public talk discouraging riding motorcycles. Let's not wait for a very famous person to die that way.

Almost 43,000 automobile fatalities/year in the US, guess it's time for some public talk discouraging people from driving cars, eh? You conveniently ignore the fact that most motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles turning in front of them. Perhaps the "public talk" would be better used in telling people to put down their damn phones and watch where the hell they're going and holding them responsible when they don't.
 
Old 04-01-2024, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Reputation: 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Almost 43,000 automobile fatalities/year in the US, guess it's time for some public talk discouraging people from driving cars, eh? You conveniently ignore the fact that most motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles turning in front of them. Perhaps the "public talk" would be better used in telling people to put down their damn phones and watch where the hell they're going and holding them responsible when they don't.
All that is true, but on a motorcycle there is no structure to provide some degree of protection.
 
Old 04-01-2024, 12:18 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Reputation: 40731
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
All that is true, but on a motorcycle there is no structure to provide some degree of protection.
That's why I always chose to ride with the gear all the time. Motorcycles can likely out-accelerate/out-brake a large percentage of other vehicles on the road which with proper training gives them a better chance of avoiding bad situations. They'll always carry some degree of danger but for some the exhilaration outweighs the risk. What gets me these days is the large number of people driving jumbo size SUVs/PUs who probably couldn't tell you within 3 feet where their fenders end.

And as a side-note, I looked before and it seems the US has more pedestrian fatalities than motorcycle fatalities. Kinda makes me wonder why the fear-mongers aren't calling for 'public talk' about curbing that dangerous activity of walking.
 
Old 04-01-2024, 02:58 PM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Reputation: 3601
There is publicity about pedestrian deaths. There has been nothing about the motorcycle death rate, despite two celebrities dead that way in a year. It's still not unusual for cyclists to ride in low-visibility, low-protection clothing and with the headlight off in daytime, despite safety recommendations.
 
Old 04-02-2024, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Reputation: 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's why I always chose to ride with the gear all the time. Motorcycles can likely out-accelerate/out-brake a large percentage of other vehicles on the road which with proper training gives them a better chance of avoiding bad situations. They'll always carry some degree of danger but for some the exhilaration outweighs the risk. What gets me these days is the large number of people driving jumbo size SUVs/PUs who probably couldn't tell you within 3 feet where their fenders end.

And as a side-note, I looked before and it seems the US has more pedestrian fatalities than motorcycle fatalities. Kinda makes me wonder why the fear-mongers aren't calling for 'public talk' about curbing that dangerous activity of walking.
"Motorcycle riders account for 14% of all traffic facilities despite the fact only 3% of all registered vehicles are motorcycles. Motorcycle crashes also account for 17% of all occupant fatalities and 3% of all injuries to vehicle occupants." -- Forbes

Not making any comment...just adding some data.
 
Old 04-05-2024, 12:53 PM
 
Location: SCW, AZ
8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Reputation: 7975
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
There is publicity about pedestrian deaths. There has been nothing about the motorcycle death rate, despite two celebrities dead that way in a year. It's still not unusual for cyclists to ride in low-visibility, low-protection clothing and with the headlight off in daytime, despite safety recommendations.
I see that you haven't given up your odd, one-dimensional and puzzling anti-motorcycle crusade which seems to flare up when it involves a celebrity!

Please stop. You need to find a hobby or something!
Your views has moved from being annoying to being silly.
 
Old 04-05-2024, 04:34 PM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Reputation: 3601
People are thinking like me and wondering why no more factual details have been shared.
Deadline said, "He is believed to have died late last night or early this morning in Upstate New York, on his way back to Toronto."
Someone has deduced that he died on impact.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQue...nt_didnt_make/
I'd go further and say he might not have been found dead until later (bike veered off the road somehow) and no witnesses.
https://www.gjel.com/motorcycle-acci...20and%20Sunday).
https://mylawcompany.com/blog/the-mo...rash-injuries/
There might have been light rain, according to weather records. Unfortunately, weather aside, it sounds like very often single-vehicle motorcycle accidents are mostly or entirely the driver's fault, and that might be a reason Chance Perdomo's team has said so little about the accident. One safety advantage of motorcycles is that it seems almost impossible to fall asleep while driving one. Also, there is OnStar for motorcycles - news to me and maybe others. As for the weird lack of news, I think eventually the media will get his death certificate and work backward from there and disclose the location and particular injury that resulted in death - and what about Chance Perdomo's funeral? He was from Los Angeles; getting his body back to the West Coast might have delayed things. Oh, I didn't know him - Wiki also says he moved to England as a child. Most likely his body has to be flown overseas, I guess as difficult as flying it cross-country. Lastly, if it was New York, there has to be an accident report finished soon, not necessarily reported by the state but the media can get its hands on it.
https://tadchievlaw.com/fatal-car-ac...%20the%20crash

Edit: it doesn't make sense that someone would die on an interstate and it wouldn't make the news, and barring extreme recklessness or bad weather, it's hard to have a bad single-vehicle accident on a normal highway (animal collision notwithstanding). I think something like taking an off ramp too fast while trekking for gas is much more likely.

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-05-2024 at 05:58 PM..
 
Old 04-06-2024, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Reputation: 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I see that you haven't given up your odd, one-dimensional and puzzling anti-motorcycle crusade which seems to flare up when it involves a celebrity!

Please stop. You need to find a hobby or something!
Your views has moved from being annoying to being silly.
On this forum people have a right to state opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top