Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 05:05 AM

103 posts, read 38,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am white. I thought he was not guilty himself. Not because of my class but the timeline did not make any sense.
You may just like to get attention by being a contrarian. I had an uncle like that ... he'd argue even when he knew he was obviously not in the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 05:27 AM

446 posts, read 249,417 times
Anybody else see the poster with the caption "TV's #1 Show: The Simpson"? It showed the Juice's mugshot, retouched so his hair resembles Bart Simpson's, and OJ has a voice balloon that says "I didn't do it, man!" I saw that poster at a state fair the summer following the acquittal.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:02 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
I thought he was not guilty himself. Not because of my class but the timeline did not make any sense.
There's a post on the Pro Football subforum with a link to a news clip of O.J. being interviewed about his book. Anyone with doubts...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/66634459-post11.html

Old 04-16-2024, 07:14 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
LOL. His own attorney who had access to all of the information says he was guilty. Yet posters believe they know more about the case than Kardashian, that's pretty funny.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:56 AM

693 posts, read 284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
LOL. His own attorney who had access to all of the information says he was guilty. Yet posters believe they know more about the case than Kardashian, that's pretty funny.
I mean, in his douchbag-like greed to get money off his crime, he literally wrote a book telling us how and why he killed them. Teasingly calling it "If I Did It".

Fortunately it backfired on him, Goldman seized the publishing rights and dropped "if" and published "I Did It: Confessions of a Killer"

Old 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You intrigued me. Which attorney was this that said he was guilty? BTW, I don't believe you.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:00 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Ok, there it is. The DNA was tainted and the gloves didn't fit. Yeah, blood shrank the gloves. Nonsense! The man was innocent. IMHO, he was incredibly stupid and he lived in a bubble of decadence. He felt he was beyond us little people and he didn't realize until, maybe, before he got arrested again in Vegas, how America felt about him. That, "If I did it" book was one of the most boneheaded moves he's ever made. However, sticking to the facts of the case, he was innocent. Now, IMO, I felt he had someone do it. Or a group of people do it. Again, those two were brutally murdered and OJ had physical limitations from his playing days. No way he did it. One superficial cut on his finger after that brutal butchering of Goldman and Nicole. Goldman fought back and just one superficial cut on his finger. I guess I will remain in the minority in my beliefs. Minority meaning a white guy that believes OJ was innocent. I'll stick to my guns.
"Nicole had come out. We started having words about 'Who is this guy, and why is he here? What's going on?'"

"As things got heated, I just remember Nicole fell and hurt herself. This guy kind of got into a karate thing, and I said 'Well, you think you can kick my ass?' and I grabbed the knife. I do remember that portion. And to be honest, after that, I don't remember."

- OJ Simpson, verbatim

Old 04-16-2024, 09:12 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
You intrigued me. Which attorney was this that said he was guilty? BTW, I don't believe you.
Robert Kardashian, who was on the defense team but was also a longtime friend of OJ's, was on record saying he and "maybe the majority" of the defense team had serious doubts about OJ's innocence. Even Al Cowlings was, according to Kardashian, conflicted due to the blood evidence.

Edit to add: Kardashian specifically said that even Shapiro, the lead attorney, thought OJ was guilty. In fact, he says this was one of the motivating factors in Shapiro being replaced by Cochran. You really should watch this interview with Kardashian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcKJy4zDiaU

Last edited by Wittgenstein's Ghost; 04-16-2024 at 09:22 AM..

Old 04-16-2024, 10:19 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
Quote:
I am white. I thought he was not guilty himself. Not because of my class but the timeline did not make any sense.
You may just like to get attention by being a contrarian. I had an uncle like that ... he'd argue even when he knew he was obviously not in the right.
Not really. I remain to be persuaded how any rational livery driver could count on getting from the OJ mansion to LAX in time to put him on a flight 30 to 40 minutes later, even with pre-911 "security."

Old 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
The entire case showed why often the justice system in America is a joke. I think having a jury is this country is reasons why we have so much political battles. Democracy only works when there are educated and homogenous culture rather than so many different race and low educated population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities