Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 07:40 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times

Advertisements

Good looking, well liked, athletic, famous, wealthy.... he could have had any woman he wanted and he goes and does that to Nicole and Ron with his own children inside that house sleeping. It never made any sense what he did. He could have at least confessed when he knew he was terminal but he was too selfish for that.

Now he's dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 07:44 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZUmZFaBz8

Old 04-11-2024, 09:02 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Well, to show how stupid/gullible/naive I was, I was in my early 40's when the the trial took place, and I think I would have voted to acquit, too, because of the testimony of the copy who admitted that evidence was often (?) placed and because the glove didn't fit and was portrayed as being a racist. Also, I would have thought that of all the blacks that were wrongly convicted, it wouldn't make me lose sleep if a black man who was guilty was actually let go if I had been on the jury. (I'm a white woman, btw.)

Yeah, I know -- mea culpa.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:13 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That was such a joke. I can take any of the gloves I've acquired after years of motorcycle riding that fit well, contort my fingers, and make it appear as if they don't fit. I was shocked at the time that the prosecution didn't demonstrate that to the jury.

For OJ I say R.I.S.--rest in the shame you brought upon yourself.
I was surprised as well.

My cousin and his wife were both ADAs. His wife had twice taken part in small group activities at conferences where the group was led by Marcia Clark, and she was impressed with Marcia.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:13 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I remember seeing an interview with someone whose name I never caught, but he was an older black man who had been part of the civil rights movement in the 1960s. It was months after the trial was over, and the interviewer said something to the effect that that OJ Simpson seemed to be having trouble maintaining the kind of support from the black community that had been behind him during the trial.

The man laughed and said, "OJ's realizing that his support from the community was a mile wide--and an inch deep."

Old 04-11-2024, 09:47 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Hopefully they managed to find some before now. 28.5 years is a long time
Ron Goldman’s dad reacts to OJ Simpson’s death: ‘No great loss’What he said!

No great loss at all.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Ron Goldman’s dad reacts to OJ Simpson’s death: ‘No great loss’What he said!

No great loss at all.

I've said this before.. There would be no true justice in the universe if Ron Goldman didn't live to get to see OJ dead.

And to touch on what someone posted earlier.. It's a tragedy that Norm MacDonald died before OJ.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:05 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
We were watching the TV at work as the verdict came in, were all shocked. Looking at each other dumbfounded. The rest of the day was somber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They just showed a clip of the cheering section in the courtroom when the verdict was announced, that's what truly shocked me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
where I worked back in October 1995, some co-workers actually cheered the decision
During the trial, I was stationed at Andrews AFB in Maryland. Verdict day I was in Anacostia at Bolling AFB. I had to do a lot of paperwork in an office that employed a lot of SE DC civilians in its' work force. About a half hour before the reading of the verdict, 1 of the employees plugged in a small, portable TV set.

From the new bits & pieces I saw on the news, it sure looked like OJ had motive and the appearance of guilt hung around him.

Everyone was going about their business until everything stopped. You could hear a pin drop as the verdict was being read. Customers like me were on 1 side of the counter. The office employees were on the other side.

When the verdict was revealed, the office side of the room exploded in celebration. The folks on my side of the counter just looked at each other in silence. It was hard to process at the time the revelry that this single event brought to some people.

That sure was 1 of those teaching moments for me in my lifetime about race relations in America. It was surreal how 2 diverse groups interpreted the same information based on a single personal characteristic trait.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:46 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I may be wrong, but to me O.J. was another spoiled celebrity who thought he could do anything he wanted. We see that so much in the celebrity -- and especially sports -- world.

Drom what I see these days I don't think celebrity is necessary to give many people an outsized sense of entitlement.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:44 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Ok, I'll open this can of worms. I don't think he did it. Even today. No proof whatsoever except for past domestic issues with Nicole. Nobody placed hm there. After the butchering both Ron and Nicole took when they passed, OJ only had a small cut on one finger. Again no proof, Just emotional, knee jerk reaction from arm chair lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities