Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,764,279 times

Advertisements

Entertainment Scientists Warn Miley Cyrus Will Be Depleted by 2013 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,146,912 times
Funny but then also partially true, which makes it a little depressing.

That bit at the end about the earthquake was just funny to me, though.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,591,220 times
HAHAHA! The Onion is too funny! How do the "commentators" do that shtick with a straight face! Fear not, Miley Cyrus will "morph" into another "pop tart" like Brittany, Paris, Lindsay,...! The "regenerated" Miley will be good for paparazzi mining for another 5-8 years after her metamorphosis!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,959,274 times
Well the sky is falling afterall.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 AM

16 posts, read 35,039 times
Teen artisit falls to stardom too easily can be very dangerous.
Famous at the outside but shrink in the inside.
it is even catastroph if teenage artist cannot handle the overwhelming imbalance, like Britney and even Michael Jackson.
I hope she will be an exception out of this prophesy.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-19-2009 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: don't spam links

Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,139 times
I love that term, "entertainment scientists". There is no such thing. And as far as Miley being played out, that is no big thing either. I can't believe they are giving her another 4 years. She is just like any other kiddie/teen star there ever was. They only last as long as their original audience stays down with them. The next generation of little ones will have new idols, and as the previous generation grows up, they will lose interest in their old teen idols. It is a process that goes back as far as I can remember. I could name dozens of old teen stars that faded fast after a few albums because their audience grew up. Here are just a few:

New Kids on the Block
N-Sync( with the exception of Timberlake, who managed to dive into a different demographic)
Debbie Gibson (remember her, most don't)
Britany Spears (fading fast, once the media let's her go, she is done)
Lyndsey Lohan (fading fast, once the media let's her go, she is done)

The list goes on and on. Another group I expect to see come crashing down in a few years is the Jonas Brothers. Talk about a group built on one demographic. I have never even heard any of their music on the radio yet, they are the biggest thing to the kiddies since Wonder Bread. 3 nominally talented kids just having the time of their lives and I have no problem with that. But they will never be legends, and their time will pass just like Miley's. Very few artists out there have actual staying power that transends the generation gap. And those that do will be the ones we remember. Miley will not be one of them.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,085 times
I agree! In her concert in Ireland one of the reporters noticed that all the audience was like 7-12 year old girls and miley came on stage dressed way to sexy for that age group and rocked out her music the reporter notice the all the little girls not to overexcited until she did ho down show down or whatever it's called then they started jumping up and down and going crazy! they want Hannah Montana not Miley, I give her another year at most until she another has been. She might get some work for a little bit but nothing will ever match the success disney created for her. Sad but disney will find the next IT GIRL for the kiddies and Miley will be forgotten

Read more: [URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/celebrities/367710-breaking-entertainment-scientists-warn-miley-cyrus.html#ixzz0dbs1JywN"]//www.city-data.com/forum/celebrities/367710-breaking-entertainment-scientists-warn-miley-cyrus.html#ixzz0dbs1JywN[/URL]

Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,567,330 times
When it comes to teen stars I keep thinking of the "Logan's Run" joke involving MTV VJs. Can't remember if it was on The Simpsons or Family Guy. VJ girl has a thing on her hand that starts flashing. Two guys in "Logan's Run" shirts come to take her away as she screams she's still young, and then is replaced by a younger girl. She's almost 18. She'll be out from under mom and dad's thumb and will become the next subject of TMZ photos as she staggers drunk or high with her boobs hanging out and her kitty popping out from under her skirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities