U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:22 AM

12,184 posts, read 19,743,515 times

Advertisements

who put more importance on some idiot celebrities life rather than their own that they will probably never know or even meet

Who gives a frack what Tom Cruise or Alec Baldwin thinks or what celebrity got married or divorced or cheated on or is gay or whatever?

Who cares if Ophra lost or gained a few pounds?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:26 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,852,516 times
I couldn't agree more. There are actors I like but only for their roles. Couldn't give a ratsazz about their personal lives.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I couldn't agree more. There are actors I like but only for their roles. Couldn't give a ratsazz about their personal lives.
Yes,if you want to discuss their talent and accomplishments in their industry that is worthy,but tabloid BS about who had sex,who got fat,who joined a friggin cult, or what they think about the "world" is somehow suppose to be "enlightened gospel" or whatever is just complete crap.

Let me tell you the ship is sinking and one seat left on a lifeboat and there is a everyday person and Ophra left on board that everyday person is as important as some friggin celebrity.....

Old 12-20-2008, 09:02 AM

6,262 posts, read 18,226,544 times
and............so.......the 3 of you complaining about the forum..........are here.....................why?

Old 12-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
and............so.......the 3 of you complaining about the forum..........are here.....................why?
To get answers to why people place importance on why a celebrity gained a few pounds,got divorced or married or got caught with a hooker?

Please explain why the personal life of a celebrity is important to you?

Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 AM

12,975 posts, read 31,726,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
who put more importance on some idiot celebrities life rather than their own that they will probably never know or even meet

Who gives a frack what Tom Cruise or Alec Baldwin thinks or what celebrity got married or divorced or cheated on or is gay or whatever?

Who cares if Ophra lost or gained a few pounds?
Very funny. I feel the same way about having forums on "Hurricanes", "Auto Racing", "Vegan diets", or "Arkansas" or what the "Duchess of York has to say" but I guess there is someone out somewhere who want to discuss them.

I agree with you to a point, when did we become a nation of pansy gossipers with news channels, tv show etc dedicated to gossipy rants? Dont you care and want to know who Jennifer Aniston is dating or what washed up former Hollywood child star's sister was killed or what Elton John has to say about Amy Winehouse? Sometimes, too much is just too much.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 AM

6,262 posts, read 18,226,544 times
it's a diversion perhaps from idiotic sports on tv, war news on tv, children being murdered by their parents or pervs, political BS, etc. In fact celebrity news is so trivial and ridiculous it makes me laugh. So there-that's why I visit here-to laugh. It's not like I give a flying fig about these over-paid people; most of which have NO grip on what people in the real world are dealing with. But it's a damn lot better than watching one of the 15 channels on TV filled with sports and talk about being over-paid and pampered---OMG-it's friggen games and people FrEaK over it. I'm as amazed and annoyed at that as you seem to be about celebrity interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
To get answers to why people place importance on why a celebrity gained a few pounds,got divorced or married or got caught with a hooker?

Please explain why the personal life of a celebrity is important to you?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:20 AM

13,395 posts, read 42,669,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
....when did we become a nation of pansy gossipers with news channels, tv show etc dedicated to gossipy rants? Dont you care and want to know who Jennifer Aniston is dating or what washed up former Hollywood child star's sister was killed or what Elton John has to say about Amy Winehouse? Sometimes, too much is just too much.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
...it's a diversion perhaps from idiotic sports on tv, war news on tv, children being murdered by their parents or pervs, political BS, etc. ....But it's a damn lot better than watching one of the 15 channels on TV filled with sports and talk about being over-paid and pampered---OMG-it's friggen games and people FrEaK over it. I'm as amazed and annoyed at that as you seem to be about celebrity interest.
Agreed.
It is an idle diversion, moderately amusing: When it becomes an obsession it is time to step away from the computer or put down the overpriced advertising-filled magazine.
I used to be amazed at the ridiculous newspapers and magazines they have at the newstand--who on earth would buy that stuff, why would people care enough to spend money on graphic photos, outright fake photos, or speculative gossip?
I *also* would be amazed that there are people who find the time to waggle their fingers at those who participate in discussions about celebrities.
Now I just shrug my shoulders; I view what I like and comment as I like.
If someone judges me as a fatuous fangirl for posting in a celebrity site, so be it, I know better.
Oprah gained weight? I had no idea.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:00 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,841,915 times
I guess you could say that. But if you want actual proof of how sad some people are. Look no farther than lionking. If you disagreed so much with this sub-forum you would have never visited it. But rather you want your ways to be followed so you went ahead and made a thread. Sad are people like you who must always critique and force their ways unto us.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 AM

44,255 posts, read 58,557,378 times
I still can't believe how popular a magazine like People is. What a bunch of inane garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities