Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
When I was a kid I didn't do bong hits. Am I the last person in this country who isn't on something?
No. I know many people who haven't been duped or rationalized their way into the drug culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
He's human ... He's a kid, who cares!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ummmm.....last time I checked 23 was an adult. With his history (previous DUI) he should have known better. He is being paid BIG money to represent these companies...his lifestyle and choices are going to be under the microscope. He agreed to that when he signed the contract.....

Obviously a great swimmer....not the sharpest knife in the drawer though....

Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 AM

470 posts, read 1,841,320 times
the state (http://www.thestate.com/local/story/672148.html?RSS=local - broken link)

really!?!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,735 times
I think sometimes we forget that celebrities are humanbeings also ... We tend to put them on a pedestahl, in a plastic, superficial world as if they were aliens. They do everything we do, including making stupid mistakes, only it's easier for them and it's glamorized, and publicized. Sadly ...

He messed up, thank Godness, God allows u-turns ... He's normal ...

Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 AM

I will say this, he should reevaluate his friends, this is jealous at it's finest! Someone takes a picture of him doing this and then sells it ... And, he probably says, "Ya, I'm friends with him". That's NO friend. That's a jealous friend hoping he'll fail and disappear now.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,327 times
Dont see the big deal. So far all the companies that are currently endorsing him that have made statements said they are keeping him on.

I'm sure he was just un-winding. Pot helps with that (among other uses). Just the same as old ladies who drink a glass of wine every night. Just so happens one is illegal (for some reason).

Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So far all the companies that are currently endorsing him that have made statements said they are keeping him on.
Certainly their prerogative...my only point was that if they did drop him he has no one to blame but himself....

Quote:
Just so happens one is illegal
Well, yes there is that tiny thing....

Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM

Weed is not that big a deal, it's not like he's tying up his arm with a tourniquet and stabbing himself with needles- It's only pot ... Sheesh! Alcohol is 10x more deadly and it's a drug- they should legalize it already for crying out loud !!! I still know plenty of people that smoke once in a while- They aren't habitual users, but 2-3x a year is not that big a deal in my book. People get hammered and drive alot more.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM

824 posts, read 2,791,120 times
The pot-smoking doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the report that he was obnoxious.

It is about time we legalize marijuana--that it is treated like alcohol--it is not something for minors, but something that adults should be able to use if hey want. Michael Phelps smoking weed is just another example that smoking pot is a fairly mainstream activity, and it is a waste of time and resources to make it criminal. I do not favor the legalization of dangerous drugs like cocaine and heroin. I'm not saying pot is completely benign--neither is alcohol or tobacco--but it is time to wake up the fact that making it illegal is a solution that is worse than the problem.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Certainly their prerogative...my only point was that if they did drop him he has no one to blame but himself....

Well, yes there is that tiny thing....
Oh I know. Im just saying it seems the news/people discussing this are overreacting. So far every sponsor that was weighed in says it is no problem for them. (I know he has a couple starting up that havent mentioned it yet, so we will see as far as that goes)

Then again...he could just blame Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities