Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:41 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times

Advertisements

The Associated Press: Phelps avoids hot water with sponsors _ for now

Quote:
Phelps, who won a record eight gold medals at this summer's Olympics in Beijing, acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after the photo appeared Sunday in the British tabloid News of the World.
Michael Phelps Smoking Weed (with photo) | Gather

He screwed up. He admits it. I hope he doesn't lose his sponsorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 06:51 PM

784 posts, read 2,264,675 times
It shows you what a dumb ass he is. I would have atleast waited til after I got paid from all of those endorsements before I got caught having fun (lol). He was projected to make about 80 million in the next two years. However, supposively since the credit crunch has crippled our economy, less companies are using fewer celebrities to endorse their products. What can you endorse with a mug like his. They should make a poster out of him. It would read, this is what that guy who you think looks good after having ten beers really looks like! I'll endorse that...

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
perhaps he can do endorsements for rolling papers or bongs?
Seriously though-what's the big deal? I would rather be around someone smokin a little doobie than someone chugging a beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
It shows you what a dumb ass he is. I would have atleast waited til after I got paid from all of those endorsements before I got caught having fun (lol). He was projected to make about 80 million in the next two years. However, supposively since the credit crunch has crippled our economy, less companies are using fewer celebrities to endorse their products. What can you endorse with a mug like his. They should make a poster out of him. It would read, this is what that guy who you think looks good after ten beers really looks like! I'll endorse that...

Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,204 times
He's human ... He's a kid, who cares!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 PM

178 posts, read 360,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
perhaps he can do endorsements for rolling papers or bongs?
Seriously though-what's the big deal? I would rather be around someone smokin a little doobie than someone chugging a beer
yeah, or someone who's been charged with drunk driving, right DreamWeavin?

oh yeah, that's right, Michael Phelps was charged with drunk driving as a 19 year old.

I love all the defending of him with the obligatory "it's better than alchohol and that's legal". Give it up.

He's getting paid millions of dollars to endorse products and when you do that you're in the public eye, he's encouraged the whole good guy/wholesome thing to the benefit of making sponsorship dollars and when you mess up you suffer the consequences.

and his 'team' tried to buy off the english paper not to publish the photo. Pretty bad if you ask me.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:54 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
drinking just bugs me; not sure why. Maybe because it is SO socially acceptable, when the reality is it's as bad as smoking pot or doing other drugs. Same difference to me. Driving under the influence of anything=bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
yeah, or someone who's been charged with drunk driving, right DreamWeavin?

oh yeah, that's right, Michael Phelps was charged with drunk driving as a 19 year old.

I love all the defending of him with the obligatory "it's better than alchohol and that's legal". Give it up.

He's getting paid millions of dollars to endorse products and when you do that you're in the public eye, he's encouraged the whole good guy/wholesome thing to the benefit of making sponsorship dollars and when you mess up you suffer the consequences.

and his 'team' tried to buy off the english paper not to publish the photo. Pretty bad if you ask me.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post

Who cares? Probably the companies that are sponsoring him for millions of millions , can you say "bling bling".... but also hey just because he swims as though he's a fish and won 8 gold medals for our country, he is human and makes mistakes., we all have or will....

Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post

When I was a kid I didn't do bong hits. Am I the last person in this country who isn't on something?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,426 times
Athletes love marijuana. Pretty much for the same reasons everyone else does.

I'd like to see all the olympic athletes posing for bong rip pics!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
At least Phelps didn't try to excuse his way out of it. He didn't lie or pass blame. Not saying his indulging was right or wrong, but he is just a young kid. BFD!!!!

What is the sad, sad issue here is that slime that took the photo. Hopefully Phelps learned a lesson about who he really chooses to call friends & hang with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities