Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times

Advertisements

My friends at Burbank are telling me that Conan got the BOOT!!!

Jay just caused so much problems and unemployment in the LA area b/c of his 1000 pm move! Ratings are terrible. They lost "SouthLand", which went to TNT.

Thanks JAY!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
Late night talk shows are dead. Look at the ratings. It won't matter if Jay goes back or Conan stays.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
NBC is garbage anyways. had little respect left for them, but if they pull this move, I'll lose all respect for them. Conan left behind a highly popular show, uprooted his family, and moved across the country to do this show. don't punish him for the network's bad ratings. hope they regret that silly Leno show idea (was never a fan of it from the get go)

Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Can't take much of Jay or Conan either one. But I'd take Jay over Letterman any time.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:42 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
NBC is garbage anyways. had little respect left for them, but if they pull this move, I'll lose all respect for them. Conan left behind a highly popular show, uprooted his family, and moved across the country to do this show. don't punish him for the network's bad ratings. hope they regret that silly Leno show idea (was never a fan of it from the get go)
What's even worse is the fact that Conan was to make $40 million if NBC DIDN'T give him the Tonight Show. Well now, if they get rid of Conan, NBC will say, "Well we gave him the Tonight Show." Conan is toast either way.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I'd rather watch a repeat episode of 'Hoarders' on A&E than watch these late night talk shows. Conan moving to LA was all wrong.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
I know I'm in the minority, but I've always loved Conan's quirky sense of humor. Something has been missing since he took over for Jay. Letterman used to be funny, but not any more. DH and I were commenting on this last night as we watched Conan. I'll take Conan and Jay over Letterman any day. Any one of the three over our local news.
Clip:
NBC is considering a significant schedule change for its late-night lineup that would push The Jay Leno Show back to Leno’s old Tonight Show spot of 11:35 p.m., according to The New York Times. Under the plan, Leno’s show would be reduced to 30 minutes; as a result, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien would shift to 12:05 a.m. (instead of 11:35 p.m.), and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon would begin at 1:05 a.m. (instead of 12:35 a.m.)

NBC considering pushing 'Jay Leno Show' back to 11:35 | EW.com

Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
AP
NBC responds to reports that Jay Leno's prime-time show is on the verge of cancellation, saying the show has 'presented some issues' for affiliates.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
I totally lost interest in this shuffling late night talk show hosts back and forth.

I really like Conan, he was/is funny and clean. But I agree, he is pretty much toast. Not because of him, but because of the inept way he was treated by the network. Sometimes I used to watch Leno, and didn't think he was any funnier than Letterman, even though he was entertaining.

Letterman was my favorite, and used to be absolutely great especially in the early days. I always watched when he had Jack Hanna on. But these days, it seems to me he just doesn't want to do the show any longer. Like he's lost interest. Me, too.

Lord only knows what's going on in the big head of NBC/CBS, and the behind the scenes shenanigans...but the big wigs sure messed this up big time. I don't think the late night talk show idea will recover.

Where's Johnny Carson when you need him? JMO.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
I totally lost interest in this shuffling late night talk show hosts back and forth.

I really like Conan, he was/is funny and clean. But I agree, he is pretty much toast. Not because of him, but because of the inept way he was treated by the network. Sometimes I used to watch Leno, and didn't think he was any funnier than Letterman, even though he was entertaining.

Letterman was my favorite, and used to be absolutely great especially in the early days. I always watched when he had Jack Hanna on. But these days, it seems to me he just doesn't want to do the show any longer. Like he's lost interest. Me, too.

Lord only knows what's going on in the big head of NBC/CBS, and the behind the scenes shenanigans...but the big wigs sure messed this up big time. I don't think the late night talk show idea will recover.

Where's Johnny Carson when you need him? JMO.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WQdJeaAwvy...arsonpark1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities