Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

I watch the show when I can and I think people who have worked hard to make that sort of money deserve it. I just think she's not very classy. Classy isn't expensive cars or loud fashion, it's something money can't buy. A phrase she throws around a lot is "ghetto fabulous". That's exactly what she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
Many people have a problem with her attitude, just like Andre Leon Talley mentioned on a few occassions- her in your face attitude isn't welcome in that social class especially since she is a woman of color. They are supposed to be dainty, seen and noticed on the arm of their husbands and not heard.

She is loud, and can be annoying (I've heard quite a few eye-raising stories about her from the people who used to work in the industry) but I like her personality. Much of the brand's success was due to her over the top personality. Many designers have that problem, hell some of them are downright wierd. For some reason she gets raked over the coals for it though. She isn't a Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera or Donna Karan type (not comparing the clothing brands of course just the women in charge) but she shouldn't have to be.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I watch the show when I can and I think people who have worked hard to make that sort of money deserve it. I just think she's not very classy. Classy isn't expensive cars or loud fashion, it's something money can't buy. A phrase she throws around a lot is "ghetto fabulous". That's exactly what she is.
Money DOES NOT buy class!

What I don't understand is that it was HIS money in the first place that got her started on the road to success and now he is required to give her more money? That money is obviously used to prop up HER lifestyle and the kids just get to benefit from it.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:06 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,576,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Give me a frigging break. Her blood sweat and tears went into making her brand a success. Yes her husband started the line. Baby Phat consisted of a few t-shirts and some sweats. Her gave it to her to lend her fashion opinion too. The brand exploded and surpassed his own. So he didn't just hand her an established brand that she just added her name to. She worked for it, and there is no need to villify her for that.

I can't stand when people call her a golddigger. She was his WIFE. He agreed to marry her and share in his lifestyle. How many wives of men worth 400 million dollars increase their husband's bottom line? Even though they split up her wanted her to take over a creative director of both brands, not just her own.

I have a family member in the fashion industry and knows Russell. Those children have tons of classes- language, ballet, yoga, etc. You can bet if they are apart of it it's top of the line due to their caliber. They fly around the world in a private jet- not commercial ever. Why should they have a Toyota?

I don't know why everyone else is getting up in arms over the amount he has to pay. HE doesn't have a problem with it and has defended it in the papers. Just because his ex-wife is now a millionaire he shouldn't have to pay child support? The court of law doesn't agree with that whatsoever.

She has the lions share of the child-rearing, so these things are something he can contribute while he is out and about. Do you think 5 million dollars for his children breaks this man? Do you know how much money he has?

* Do you work for Kimora?.. She's gonna have another man's baby and her and that african guy are not even married. lol So, the girls got a new daddy now lol. Gold digger?..hmm.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
No I don't work for her. Just because I don't join in the bashing doesn't mean I have some hidden motive. How could she be a gold digger with her new actor guy...she is worth millions more than he is.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Many people have a problem with her attitude, just like Andre Leon Talley mentioned on a few occassions- her in your face attitude isn't welcome in that social class especially since she is a woman of color. They are supposed to be dainty, seen and noticed on the arm of their husbands and not heard.

She is loud, and can be annoying (I've heard quite a few eye-raising stories about her from the people who used to work in the industry) but I like her personality. Much of the brand's success was due to her over the top personality. Many designers have that problem, hell some of them are downright wierd. For some reason she gets raked over the coals for it though. She isn't a Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera or Donna Karan type (not comparing the clothing brands of course just the women in charge) but she shouldn't have to be.
I've seen the special about her life.
It wasn't until I watched it that I realized what she went through as a kid.

I don't care for most of her clothes. I say most because from what I saw of her line at Penney's, it's too loud for me. I would love to buy her jeans if they looked like regular jeans (blue/not much on them) because it's hard to find jeans when you are tall. Last time I looked, the lengths did come in tall.

I went shopping for my little niece back in the fall, most of what we picked up was Baby Phat; beautiful black jacket, stretch pants with matching top, jeans plus a teal top and an orange top. Since my niece is of color (similar to Kimoras girls) as well, the clothes looked fabulous on her. I was actually surprised I liked so much from her kids line when I don't care for her adult line.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,576,692 times
Quote:
No I don't work for her. Just because I don't join in the bashing doesn't mean I have some hidden motive. How could she be a gold digger with her new actor guy...she is worth millions more than he is.
Yep, she's got more money than the actor for sure.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Now I aint saying OJ shoulda killed her....but I understand!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Give me a frigging break. Her blood sweat and tears went into making her brand a success. Yes her husband started the line. Baby Phat consisted of a few t-shirts and some sweats. Her gave it to her to lend her fashion opinion too. The brand exploded and surpassed his own. So he didn't just hand her an established brand that she just added her name to. She worked for it, and there is no need to villify her for that.
No, basically he hired people with fashion sense to provide her with a selection of clothes so she could choose them. I don't know how you can say Baby Phat has outgrown Phat Farm, just because she has more advertisements and perfumes and bags and is always on television telling us how big her line is - Baby Phat lacks the one thing that Phat Farm always had: class. Now it's true that some of the lower end stuff looks like your average urban kid wear but the majority of it is really nice stuff. IMO the Baby Phat collection is trashy - too much glitter, too much sparkle, too much everything. When I saw it in the mall it looks very similar to the Hannah Montana collection -too much everything. Her KLS collection appears to be nice but once again she's not designing those things - from watching the show it looks like people show her a sketch and then she says "make it shorter, tighter, and add some glitter."

I think my overall dislike is Kimora's attitude - like another poster said; I think she's ghetto fabulous. It's not a good look. The one thing that I do give her credit for is she appears to be a good mother and her kids don't appear to be disrespectful.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 PM

127 posts, read 500,119 times
Quote:

I can't stand when people call her a golddigger. She was his WIFE. He agreed to marry her and share in his lifestyle. How many wives of men worth 400 million dollars increase their husband's bottom line? Even though they split up her wanted her to take over a creative director of both brands, not just her own.

I have a family member in the fashion industry and knows Russell. Those children have tons of classes- language, ballet, yoga, etc. You can bet if they are apart of it it's top of the line due to their caliber. They fly around the world in a private jet- not commercial ever. Why should they have a Toyota?

I don't know why everyone else is getting up in arms over the amount he has to pay. HE doesn't have a problem with it and has defended it in the papers. Just because his ex-wife is now a millionaire he shouldn't have to pay child support? The court of law doesn't agree with that whatsoever.

She has the lions share of the child-rearing, so these things are something he can contribute while he is out and about. Do you think 5 million dollars for his children breaks this man? Do you know how much money he has?
Meanwhile Warren Buffet's children all have jobs. Ghetto fabulous to say the LEAST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities