Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 AM

422 posts, read 649,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This right here is what's wrong with America. Entertainment is now "facts" and emotions are the driving force behind those "facts"

Chris "Ike" Brown.... The new face of domestic violence. How much you want to bet within a year he'll have another "hit"
Whats wrong is the double standard towards men and women. Equal until it suits us to say otherwise and all that crap. Actually he'll have a #1 before that. You are responsible for how you carry yourself and your actions but not what you say? Her last album is riddled with songs about cheating, fighting, and going off. Since she is also a song WRITER I believe that her music is a reflection of her life or at least part of it like all WRITERS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,378 times
Rihanna's music is horrific, 'nuff said. Her voice is heavily synthesized and she's just a Beyonce clone. Even as little as 5 years ago, pop music wasn't this bad. The likes of Rihanna, Katy Perry & Lady Gaga are a joke.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Rihanna's music is horrific, 'nuff said. Her voice is heavily synthesized and she's just a Beyonce clone. Even as little as 5 years ago, pop music wasn't this bad. The likes of Rihanna, Katy Perry & Lady Gaga are a joke.
How does that relate to the topic? Do you feel her music played a role in the fight ? Professional jealousy or the like ?

Old 03-20-2009, 05:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
Whats wrong is the double standard towards men and women. Equal until it suits us to say otherwise and all that crap. Actually he'll have a #1 before that. You are responsible for how you carry yourself and your actions but not what you say? Her last album is riddled with songs about cheating, fighting, and going off. Since she is also a song WRITER I believe that her music is a reflection of her life or at least part of it like all WRITERS.
There really isn't a double standard, It's just a fact, men are far more likely to beat women than the other way around. Ask the police or the emergency room doctor which is more common. Yes there are some women who batter men but it's as rare as winning the lottery.

Chris Brown will NEVER have a #1 hit again (music that is, I'm sure he'll hit many more women in his life, once a beater always a beater). He is damaged goods. Despite a few women who defend him on the internet, mainstream America is OUTRAGED over how he brutally beat Rihanna. He will not be forgiven and this will not be forgotten.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
There really isn't a double standard, It's just a fact, men are far more likely to beat women than the other way around. Ask the police or the emergency room doctor which is more common. Yes there are some women who batter men but it's as rare as winning the lottery.

Chris Brown will NEVER have a #1 hit again (music that is, I'm sure he'll hit many more women in his life, once a beater always a beater). He is damaged goods. Despite a few women who defend him on the internet, mainstream America is OUTRAGED over how he brutally beat Rihanna. He will not be forgiven and this will not be forgotten.

I feel men being beaten is under reported because of shame etc.. But anyway unfortunately you are probably wrong. Mainstream America does not buy his music. The PARENTS of his fan base may be angry but when his fan base was polled it was a 50/50 split on who was to blame for the fight. What would music be without the beaters, druggies, criminals and etc..? The list would be ALOT shorter than some would think.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,659 times
She's been laying somewhat low. I really do believe she's still in love with him, but if she's really back with him then she's really dumb !!!
I do believe she talks to him daily. Too bad for her.....

And even though he hasn't admitted to anything yet. Its pretty obvious he did something wrong

Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM

14 posts, read 87,284 times
Default Brown and Rhianna back together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
She shouldn't be sending any messages to anyone. Parents need to teach their children that it's one thing to admire someone's talent and another to admire them. Yes, like her songs. Be inspired by her success but look up to your parents, or your aunt, or your sister or your basketball coach, or your pastor. Don't look up to strangers. It is not the responsibility of an entertainer to educate children on domestic violence. If your child is not raised in an abusive home and they suddenly think it's "okay" for a boy to hit them because of the chris/rihanna situation it's time for you to sit down and talk with your child.
I agree with your comment about parents taking the responsibility to teach their children about domestic violence but NOT all parents do that (for whatever reason they may have). So the kids do look up to their favorite actors/ singers as role models. It's what they do. There are some entertainers that do care about what message they are sending to their young fans.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I don't like her music either, but frankly, Chris Brown is a PUNK that deserves jail time and that goes for any man who beats on women. If that were my daughter, he would have my size 9 up his A$$

Old 04-12-2009, 02:53 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times
He's screwed and she's a retard...that's all I got to say! -mmccul

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,530,564 times
I just saw her in a cosmetics commercial(can't remember the company) endorsing the line. I think this company should demand that she break up with Brown and if they're shown together anywhere, anytime, she will lose her endorsement deal and have to pay back the financial portion of when these conditions were handed down. If she decides to stay with Brown, she will lose her current endorsement contract!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities