Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,285,866 times

Advertisements

One of the greatest performances that I have ever seen by any actor or actress was the part played by Henry Cele as Shaka in the movie "Shaka Zulu." This was a great man, a symbol of the great potential of the people of Africa and African people. After this performance, this man should've been honored as an international icon. Boggles the mind that he died this way...angry and violent, chained to his bed.

Henry Cele died 'an angry man': Entertainment: South Africa: News24 (http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Local/0,,2-1225-1242_2214875,00.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,379,066 times
Why should such an angry and violent person be honored? Because he was an actor?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,232,266 times
I remember watching "Shaka Zulu" and, yes, he did a stunning job.

Unfortunately, though, not all actors become legends; there have been numerous men and women in film who had good roles and yet their prospective careers fizzled before it could really take off. And I think they are in the majority.

This article is also very vague. It isn't clear on WHY he became violent, or what he died from.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 27,680 times
Henry Cele allegedly dying an angry man is a travesty if true. Henry portrayed Shaka Zulu in a way that is still untouchable and I doubt if it ever will be. Perhaps shades of apartheid played a role in his allegedly being angry on his death bed. In this prison camp called "Earth," where all to regularly we are afflicted with racist mind sets many people are angry at death. Ill treatment on his death bed exemplifies the continuity of bigotry. Brother Henry, may you have peace and the respect you deserve from the Most High.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 21,995 times
This post is in direct response to A Lexus; Please, sir can you provide proof of this tragedy. I' myself will be researching this.
L

Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,205,735 times
I thought he was great in "The Ghost and the Darkness."

I have not read anywhere that he was an angry man.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,033,026 times
There was one article that stated that he became an angry man at the hospital and was chained to his bed. But I believe the story was made up. It was coming from one online source. It seemed like he was much too sick in his final days to be chained up and who chains anyone up in the hospital anyways? He was not a dog.

Anways, he was such a talented man and seemed to have a wonderful spirit about him. Wish he played in more films but don't think Hollywood new what to do with someone of his acting caliber.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
There was one article that stated that he became an angry man at the hospital and was chained to his bed. But I believe the story was made up. It was coming from one online source. It seemed like he was much too sick in his final days to be chained up and who chains anyone up in the hospital anyways? He was not a dog.

Anways, he was such a talented man and seemed to have a wonderful spirit about him. Wish he played in more films but don't think Hollywood new what to do with someone of his acting caliber.
Yes, I would love for the story about him being chained up to be a false story.

You're right though. This man was a magnificent actor, and apparently far too powerful of a screen presence to fit into Hollywood. Quite a shame that he wasn't given more great roles.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha-gster View Post
This post is in direct response to A Lexus; Please, sir can you provide proof of this tragedy. I' myself will be researching this.
L
Just do a search. Jesus. You can't possibly be insinuating that I made this up.

Henry Cele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Henry Cele died 'an angry man': News24: Entertainment: South Africa

Old 02-08-2011, 12:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,800,535 times
He was magnificent in the mini series, and the ONLY saving grace in the abysmal movie of the same name made after the series.

I should get the series to watch again as my daughter has never seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities