Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureblood View Post
lol today there wan article on the front page of my local paper. (The Altoona Mirror). Them poor kids.
So did the article say he wanted to divorce her, or what did it say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 11:13 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
I happened to see 10 minutes of this show one time when I happened to stop by my sisters house. The only thing I took from it was how abusive that women was to her husband and I remember thinking what a poor bastard since he clearly suffered so much. Glad to see the guy got away from that old witch. Too bad the children have to suffer for it.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:38 AM

323 posts, read 834,961 times
Kate has some serious issues. I think Kate and the Octo mom have the same disorder for attention and having kids. On top of that, Kate has a nasty temper. I don't know how Jon has put up with it.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Moving from TV to Celebrities.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
I think it takes two to tango. Meaning, she has appears to have her issues and he does as well. She is the dominant one, so natually we tend to side against her. Say what you want about her but she didn't walk away from their family; he did. It's my personal opinion he needs to grow a pair (deal with her issues), get back home and get back to being a perfectly imperfect family like the rest of us. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
I agree SMG.....yes Kate can be shrewish, no question. BUT, there are 10 people in that family and things have to be taken care of. Honestly, from what I've seen of the show (I watched it for about 1 season a year or so ago) Jon doesn't care to be in charge of anything. He seems to be perfectly happy playing "good cop" and fun dad. I rarely saw him volunteer to do anything. Now, the argument could be made that he was too scared to do something wrong and get Kate mad or it could be that Kate is shrewish because otherwise Jon would not be doing a darn thing. And if the stories out there are true, what kind of dad goes out to college hang outs and plays beer pong with a bunch of girls? Regardless of the status of his marriage, he is the father of 8 young kids and nationally known. Did he really think no one would figure this out? And living with his mom? Really? So, I'm sure he plans on taking all 8 of those kids for a weekend to let Kate have a break too...Right?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:39 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,524 times
I have watch this show going way back until this year. Everytime he does try and do anything she attack him. I don't think he would have any problems having the kids without her. I watch one show when she was gone on her celeb thing and he was fine. He has said more than once to let the kids be kids. Moderator cut: deleted You go Jon with your hair transplants and all.

Last edited by Beretta; 03-08-2009 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: moderating discussion not allowed

Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Maybe things are more stable financially and Jon saw his 'chance' to make some changes in his life.

Kate's remarks seem to be more biting on the newer shows and Jon seems to be 'withdrawn'---out of the relationship.

They really should get off the air.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 AM

93 posts, read 325,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
So did the article say he wanted to divorce her, or what did it say
Reality TV dad Jon Gosselin of "Jon & Kate Plus Eight" has been spotted out and about in Huntingdon - minus his wife and their eight children.3

You can find the rest of the article here. Jon minus Kate and 8: - AltoonaMirror.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Altoona Mirror

Old 03-08-2009, 10:44 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,078 times
I agree 100%!! She is horribly rude and mean to him. He tries to stick up for himself, but she always gets the last word in. Her tone is so negative and demeaning.
I wonder if instead of a divorce, if they could spend some time apart, just to "cool off" a little? They seem compatible in a few ways, she just needs to value him more and speak and treat him with more kindness and respect. There are people who talk this way to each other with no kids, or 1 or 2 kids, so she can't use the excuse of having 8 kids stressing her out, etc.
I don't blame him for wanting to get out or at least take a break!! Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for them to do the show? Perhaps all the people in her house are causing extra strain??

bwt-how much money do they make doing the show? I know they probably get many things paid for...just curious what these "reality" families get: "Little People, Big World", "The Duggars", etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureblood View Post
oh well, what do you really expect.. If you ever watched the show you would see that she actually is mean to him and always brings him down. I would never put up with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities