Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,187,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Keira Knightley from Oxfordshire. I just cannot fathom why anyone would think she is a good actress... She sounds as if her jaw is permanently wired. But at least she is self admitedly ignorant and ill educated. That is a beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It should be the end too, but unfortunately we will be saddled with this piece of work for some time I'm afraid.
Quote:
Yep. She does seem to have all the attributes required for a successful career. No acting talent whatsoever, little to no education, virtually anorexic and I believe she already is on the A list of modern actors in terms of pay...
My My! Umm... maybe because she photographs nicely? At least this reviewer thought so. From an earlier post...

Knightley's 'Duchess' Treat
By John Anderson
Washington Post
Friday, September 26, 2008

"Directed by the virtually unheralded Saul Dibb, "The Duchess" shows that if Dibb knows nothing else, he knows what he's got in star Keira Knightley: Photographed lingeringly, lovingly and in fantastic hats, Knightley seems to get as much close-up time in "The Duchess" as Bette Davis got her entire career. We're not complaining"

"Like something out of the darkest side of Jane Austen, "The Duchess" examines the mores and rituals of a certain stratum and era of British society, and marriage is its motor. It probably needn't be said that Knightley was far more interesting in "Pride and Prejudice" (if for no other large reason than Austen wrote the story), but she is magnetic in "The Duchess." She can also act"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:58 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Yep. She does seem to have all the attributes required for a successful career. No acting talent whatsoever, little to no education, virtually anorexic and I believe she already is on the A list of modern actors in terms of pay.

I often wonder whether the director's couch is still prevalent or whether I am so removed from this kind of world that my feeble intellect is simply incapable of embracing this kind of person's true appeal and their more than subtle artistic gifts...
That pout is more than a subtle artistic gift - it is her whole career! Look at the sort of company she keeps - arm-in-arm, no less! Birds of a feather - this one's for you Mooseketeer!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200..._knightley.jpg

Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That pout is more than a subtle artistic gift - it is her whole career! Look at the sort of company she keeps - arm-in-arm, no less! Birds of a feather - this one's for you Mooseketeer!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200..._knightley.jpg

Oh Goodie ! 2 for the price of 1 ! My lucky day.

I have to admit I did not seen "atonement" which was supposed to be very good simply because Knightley was in it , but the reviews were excellent so I wondered whether I could have put up with it and given her a chance.

On the male side I find Orlando Bloom just as appealing. He has the same Thespian gift, displays the same range of emotions , the same gravitas as Ms Knightley.

You and I are obviously impervious to the delights of some of the younger generation of actors. Does it say something about us ?

I have to admit though I do love K Knightley's hairsyle in the Chanel advert. Very classic. Sadly it does not quite make up for her deficiencies in other departments.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 PM

52 posts, read 102,521 times
No...I don't care, lol.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the floacist View Post
No...I don't care, lol.
I don't really care either. Julia Roberts is the celeb that comes to mind. I don't enjoy her films but I'm obviously in the minority.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:08 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Dan Quayle ... Michael Jackson ...

Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,450 times
Brad Pitt & Carrie Underwood are from Oklahoma...I like both of them...esp. Brad!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Michael Vick from Virginia. yick!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times
P-Diddy...this clown tries to pass himself off as some badass gangster from NYC, when he hails from a upper middle class family. Every time this idiot opens his mouth he's an embarrassment. He actually had the audacity to refer to himself as the Black Sinatra. More like something Sinatra may have stepped in once and wiped on the curb.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:44 PM

3 posts, read 3,017 times
tonya harding! ewww!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities