Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 09:34 PM

62 posts, read 159,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Yeah, I agree. I don't even see why people want to start threads on other least favorite things ... songs you hate, actors that can't act, etc. With all the positive things in this world why focus on the negative? And ragging on about somebody's looks, something that for the most part there's not much you can do to change, just seems small and cruel. Where celebrities are concerned, people just seem to feel that anything goes, it's open season. Some kind of thought process that seems to say, 'Well, they have all that. They are the fortunate ones, so therefore...

But it rings of jealously to me, and I gotta say that I'm surprised by some of the posters that chose to post lists on this thread, first time I've looked at it by the way, but some are people whom I've respected on other threads. It's been my experience that people who are hardest on others with regards to looks are usually unattractive themselves and that's why it's such an issue with them. Most truly "attractive" people I've known, realize that "looks" aren't all they're cracked up to be and they don't judge others that way.
Oh geez...take a chill pill, would ya? This is all for fun, and shouldn't be taken seriously. You seem a bit uptight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1972 View Post
Oh geez...take a chill pill, would ya? This is all for fun, and shouldn't be taken seriously. You seem a bit uptight.
No kidding!

Besides. . .

With all the money that all those celebrities have, they can AFFORD to stay as ugly as they want!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:28 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
FYI I am not including musicians as there are so many butt-ugly ones they merit a category all their own. Ditto sports figures.

Whoopi Goldberg
Madonna
Sandra Bernhart (comedian)
Chris Rock
Margaret Cho
Sarah Jessica Parker (aka the moose)
Luwanda Page ("Esther" on Sanford and Son)
Howard Stern
Carrot Top
Sean Penn

Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1972 View Post
Men or women (must be living)...
9. Michael Phelps
He looks exactly like Gomer Pyle. During the Olympics, every time he smiled I expected him to go, "Well, g-o-o-o-o-l-l-l-e-e!"

Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Don Rickels--you gotta love him
James Woods
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Ernest Borgnine
Gene Hackman

All first class actors.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
I certainly don't think this thread was meant to be vicious and cruel, but it certainly is in bad spirit. Why concentrate on things that a person cannot change? I will definitely still give this thread a "holy cow."

Money can't buy everything. It doesn't make sense to me to say that people choose to look the way they are, that they are entirely in control of what they look like, and therefore they "obviously" are happy with it. Having a lot of money or stylists can't change bone structure. I disagree with your notion that looks are entirely based upon a choice (if that's what you're saying). There's only so much one can do, and very few of us on this planet are star-gazingly gorgeous!

Which is precisely the point. No wrist slapping involved, MM. That's not my intent. This is just a disagreement with the idea that negative posting about a person's unchangeable physical looks is entertainment. That's all ~
Hi SeeBee Only in reference to my list, I know that there are some celebrities I listed that would otherwise be thought of as "attractive" but I find "unattractive" for reasons other than their looks.

For instance, when I think of Mel Gibson all I consider these days are his harsh words about Jews and women and a horrible mug shot of him from being pulled over for drunk driving.

So I suppose this thread can be considered not just referencing celebrities' unchangable physical looks but also their entire overall persona.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,586,614 times
IMO 1.Posh Spice ( that short hair does nothing for her and she never smiles.) 2. Marilyn Manson ( scary!!) 3.Jack Osborne ( Pillsbury dough boy) 4. Amy Winehouse ( looks like a junkie) 5. and 6. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen ( Thin is nice,but they look downright unhealthy) 7. Rosanne Barr-Arnold (low class) 8.Lindsey Lohan and 9. Brittney Spears ( both had too much hard living) 10. Howard Stern ( nasty and crass) Even so, most of them are laughing on their way to the bank so they must have beauty somehow.

Last edited by otters21; 05-04-2009 at 05:21 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Owen Wilson (looks like an old wicked witch with wart on nose)
Someone told me they thought his nose looked like a penis. Took some looking around for the "right" picture, but once I saw it, I couldn't get that image out of my mind Poor guy.

Funny, though, when I saw some of his first roles, I coulda swore he was Dennis Hopper's son

Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 PM

265 posts, read 814,043 times
How about Donald Trump...

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
How about Donald Trump...
"You're FY-ED!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities