Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times

Advertisements

I do believe this thread was meant as a discussion regarding Farrah's bout with cancer. I feel badly for her, and hope she recovers. I was a child when Farrah was a big celebrity, and I admired her. She's not the best-looking celeb, nor is she the worst. We all have our personal opinions on what true beauty is; some think Angelina Jolie is gorgeous, but to me she looks comical. Not everyone will agree on "true beauty". Even if I think a celeb is butt-ugly, I still wish them well if they are facing a serious illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:13 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
reports are Farrah is in a U.S. hospital

Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
I heard she was in a coma too, My prayers are with her and her family...it must be so hard

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 AM

doesn't look good for sure. Sad. Even sadder is that her drug addicted son can't stay clean, can't be there for his dying mother--her only child. No, he would rather be out doin his thang---drugs and getting busted yet again.
Son of Ryan O'Neal, Farrah Fawcett arrested on drug charges - CNN.com

I honestly don't know whether to feel sorry for him or be pissed.
I have a family member who is an addict. He didn't/doesn't have the $$$$$$$$$$ to get the type treatment Redmond O'Neal has had; over and over again.
Mostly Redmond-you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I heard she was in a coma too, My prayers are with her and her family...it must be so hard

Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
Farrah is an amazing woman. She went from being known primarily for her beauty and as a lighweight in the industry to become a really fine actress. Her roles in The Burning Bed and
Small Sacrifices showed her true talent.

This is truly sad and I wish her well.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Default Cancer spread to her liver now :(

Fawcett's cancer spread to liver, producer says - omg! news on Yahoo!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I do believe this thread was meant as a discussion regarding Farrah's bout with cancer. I feel badly for her, and hope she recovers. I was a child when Farrah was a big celebrity, and I admired her. She's not the best-looking celeb, nor is she the worst. We all have our personal opinions on what true beauty is; some think Angelina Jolie is gorgeous, but to me she looks comical. Not everyone will agree on "true beauty". Even if I think a celeb is butt-ugly, I still wish them well if they are facing a serious illness.

I don't know of many of my friends, myself included who didn't have a Farrah Fawcett poster in their rooms and in their lockers. Farrah was the big crush back then. This was around 76-77.

I wish her the best, no matter what.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
People article - Farrah Fawcett Asks Fans to Hold on to Hope read this:

Quote:
Fawcett's physician, Lawrence Piro, M.D., who regularly consults with her doctors in Germany (where she sought treatment), issued this statement: "There have been some photographs that have been widely published of Farrah Fawcett in a wheelchair. The reason she was in that wheelchair is because she had a small procedure while in Germany and left for the airport soon after. She could have stayed in Germany to recuperate for a day or two but she was really very anxious to come home."

As a result, he said, "she took a nine-hour flight right after that procedure. It turned out that the procedure caused a small amount of bleeding in one of the muscles of her abdomen, making a hematoma, which was quite painful. Actually, it was painful for her to walk, which is why she was in that wheelchair. And that pain, which was coming from the hematoma, had nothing directly to do with the cancer."

Old 04-06-2009, 10:53 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I heard on the news tonight she is in a US hospital because of something that happened with the treatment in Germany. They said something about bleeding under the skin and that she needed a minor procedure done. They said she is not on deaths door but the cancer has spread to her liver. That is a long way from her anus to her liver, so obviously she is likely losing her fight with cancer.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
OMG!! How rude can someone be???
I was thinking "brain dead," but OK.

Yeah Farah and Liz Taylor and Sophia Loren, buncha dogs.

Probably thinks Phyllis Diller is hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities