Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 12:59 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times

Advertisements

Adam Lambert pre-"Idol" album due this summer - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090620/music_nm/us_lambert_1 - broken link)

Quote:
NEW YORK (Billboard) – Good news for Adam Lambert fans. But possibly not as good for the "American Idol" runner-up and his label bosses.

A small indie label will release Lambert's debut album this summer, months before Lambert's "official" debut on 19 Recordings/RCA Records is expected to reach stores.

Depending on who you believe, Lambert is either "blown away" by the material on the unofficial release, or is distancing himself from the project.

Entitled "On With The Show," the album was co-written and recorded by Lambert before his turn on the talent show. It will be released by Hi Fi Recordings/Wilshire Records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 09:00 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Adam Lambert pre-"Idol" album due this summer - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090620/music_nm/us_lambert_1 - broken link)
It sounds to me like Adam is distancing himself from the project.
Clip:
Later, Lambert issued a statement through 19. "Back in 2005 when I was a struggling artist, I was hired as a studio singer to lend my vocals to tracks written by someone else," he said. "I was broke at the time and this was my chance to make a few bucks, so I jumped at the opportunity to record for my first time in a professional studio. The work I did back then in no way reflects the music I am currently in the studio working on. I'm thrilled to be working with some of today's hottest songwriters and producers and can't wait for people to hear what my music really sounds like."

Old 06-20-2009, 09:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post

He is by far the BEST looking one up there!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:06 AM

Here's "Want" the song from Adam's pre-Idol album:

Listen: Adam Lambert's 'Want,' first single from pre-'Idol' album on Hitfix

Old 06-20-2009, 09:24 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times
I just listened to "Want" and liked it a lot. If Adam thinks the music from "On With The Show" isn't great then his "official" debut album is going to be incredible.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:07 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post

Listen: Adam Lambert's 'Want,' first single from pre-'Idol' album on Hitfix

Thanks for sharing. I really like that. He will be a star. I wonder if they have to give him royalties from releasing that pre idol albumn? I didn't read the whole article

Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
What about our cougar cub? LOL

It's in full force...always and forever. We will be rocking in our rocking chairs and taking our walkers all over the country to see Adam perform lol

Old 06-20-2009, 12:38 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
Yes, thanks tigerlily, for our morning Adam fix. I wonder if there'll be a run on this CD the way there was for RS?

LOL, I like that - "we'll be taking our walkers all over the country"...count me in!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
Check out this online chat of Adam with fans.

He will be giving autographs and taking pictures with whoever asks, on their Idol tour! Chickrae, where are you!!

But, he's gonna sing only "Mad World" (duets too, probably)

He wears Dior Homme cologne.

A nice knock on Gene Simmons' nose

Velvet Goldmine ??? Have you seen it???

Live Chat With Adam! : ADAM LAMBERT American Idol Winner Official Unofficial Fansite

Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM

Good article. I read that Adam will be doing five songs. Allison said she and Adam will be doing (Slow Ride) may or not be included in the five. Danny Gokey will be doing four songs. Interesting, he points out he likes Kiss in this chat and apparently has changed his mind about divulging the name of his least favorite fellow idol. Like, we haven't figured that one out. LOL. I'm glad I got the live performance instead of the studio versions because this was the way Adam wanted to present the song - kind of improvisational or how he felt at that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities