Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 12:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times

Advertisements

I just noticed Adam's "Mad World" video performance is dated July 3rd. Must be from the rehearsal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
shoot, gotta get to work!
will be drooling later,
thanks gals, hear the weather is fantastic in Portland!
You know it is. 85 - 90 degrees the last few days - 65 today.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:08 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I finally found something. People aren't really "star struck" here. Note most of the fans are Adam fans.

'Idols Live Tour' descends on Portland, Ore. | Idol Tracker | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/07/idols-live-tour-descends-on-portland-or.html - broken link)
The only reason I bought tickets is to see Adam. I will enjoy seeing the others with anticipation to see Adam, almost at the end for his time in the spotlight. The group songs are pretty good too. I enjoyed it last year when I went

Old 07-06-2009, 05:23 PM

45 posts, read 117,189 times
Great Video on You Tube - listen to the screams when Adam walks out!
(Sorry, I do not know how to imbed the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCvQP-62c_I

Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull Dawg View Post
Great Video on You Tube - listen to the screams when Adam walks out!
(Sorry, I do not know how to imbed the video.)

YouTube - Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert, Megan Joy Portland Idol Tour
Oh, that's a good one!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:02 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
I was just checking up on some things and found this article. It's a few months old. Three opera experts discuss their views on Adam. One even thought Adam would win AI.

Opera experts rate “Idol’s” Adam Lambert

One expert thinks Adam's version of Whole Lotta Love is better than Zeppelin's; another said he will be the first in line to buy Adam's solo album - "I love his voice", and another compares Adam's charisma to that of Caruso and Pavarotti. Not bad company, but like we didn't know this already?~

PS: A little fix...The Citizen Vein band with our front man. From 2007.

YouTube - Adam Lambert "Turning On" The Citizen Vein

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 07-07-2009 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 AM

285 posts, read 1,039,598 times
Didn't see this one posted yet. It's going to be a LONG month before my Greensboro concert!

Whole Lotta Love- Portland

Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaClaire View Post
Didn't see this one posted yet. It's going to be a LONG month before my Greensboro concert!

Whole Lotta Love- Portland
Oh, my my my! I think I fainted a little about 1.34 into the video. LOL

SeeBee, good article and video!!

Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Adam talks about what MJ meant to him.
Clip:
For the Idol finale, we were rehearsing at his space in Burbank and so were the Michael Jackson dancers. And I happen to know their choreographer, and he pulled me over into the rehearsal space and I watched a number. They were rehearsing "Jam," and it looked incredible. The dancers were amazing. I was really excited for Michael: I thought, good, he's got a chance to do a comeback. I was told he was really interested in meeting me and I'm really disappointed that we never made it happen.
We were in the middle of rehearsing the tour when we heard the sad news. I was singing "Whole Lotta Love" and Lil Rounds ran into the room and whispered something into the producer's ear. And we were all like, "What's going on?" I kept singing and looked over at them with a confused look on my face and one of the producers mouthed to me, "Michael Jackson just died." I went, "What?" and stopped singing. Everybody just stopped. We canceled rehearsals for the rest of the day. No one could really believe it. He affected us through entertainment. What he was capable of as a showman, and what he brought to the world, outshone any controversy.
Michael Jackson Remembered: Adam Lambert on Icon's Imagination : Rolling Stone

Old 07-09-2009, 01:45 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Adam talks about what MJ meant to him.
[I need to get that RS's MJ commemorative issue].

I agree with a comment there on the article:

"I cannot help but think that some of the magic and creativity and power we saw in Michael Jackson we are now seeing in Adam Lambert. "

The difference that's going for Adam is him living a normal life for 27 years! MJ is the king, but as a star from childhood he never really knew normal life... So interesting how it will play out in Adam's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities