Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I was SO hoping that Adam would not agree to sing trash.
At the beginning of his career, it is somewhat expected that he would do some PR and launch-pad moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I'm really very concerned about his debut album now.
I firmly believe in his own creativity, - he may make some mistakes at the beginning, searching for his own style, - but once he finds it - nothing will be able to stop the greatness that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Adam's album title is For Your Entertainment and Allison's Just Like You.
Song titles confirmed for Adam are: "Suburban Decay," "Music Again" and "Winners". EW confirms "What Do You Want From Me" (a leftover from Pink's "Funhouse" album, co-written by Max Martin and Pink) and "Loaded Smile," by Adam and Linda Perry. "Strut", a collaboration with DioGuardi has been confirmed by Rolling Stone.

Producer Rob Cavallo Exclusively Discusses Adam Lambert Album - Reality Rocks

Adam Lambert And Allison Iraheta Album Titles Revealed - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
I guess the 2012 video is no longer available on utube...
I happen to like the song. I don't even hear the words, only his clear heavenly voice.
But that's my opinion.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:57 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I guess the 2012 video is no longer available on utube...
I happen to like the song. I don't even hear the words, only his clear heavenly voice.
But that's my opinion.
I'm with you, Chickrae. I liked the song too and it's not part of his album as far as I know. It was for the movie 2012 so was written specifically for that I assume and who knows when he agreed to sing it.

But.....girls! I just saw the pics from Details Magazine. OMG! I fainted a little. To say that they are a little racy is a HUGE understatement!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 12:37 PM

Adam's new album will feature a song written by GaGa. EW poses the question: Who benefits most, Adam or GaGa. To be honest, I can't tolerate GaGa, so I vote GaGa gains the most. Hopefully, Adam can make a song she's had something to do with sound good.
Clip:
an EW.com poll the following day found that 71% of our readers were sick of Gaga’s fashion hi-jinks. And I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen or heard the Lady’s name without an immediate outcry of “Lady Gag Me†or “I’m so sick of her face!†So maybe the equation is more like this: “Beleaguered diva whose backlash is threatening to drown out the sound of her ubiquitous radio hits latches on to up-and-coming star with hotly anticipated album and seemingly endless media good will.â€

Adam Lambert is working with Lady Gaga: Who benefits more? | EW.com

Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
You're not going to find poetry unless you're singing Bob Dylan's songs or the like. Adam's voice is so overpowering, it just doesn't matter how corny the lyrics are. He can turn any music into poetry. His voice is superb.

I like the way nuala describes it..."launch-pad moves." Adam is still under contract and I'm thinking the songs are chosen for him, not the other way around. I'm guessing they had a score ready before even knowing about Adam.

Great video you posted tigerlilly, with the interview with Rob Cavallo. Very smart that he said when you get a feel for the artist things change (production-wise). Thank you for sharing ~

Old 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
But.....girls! I just saw the pics from Details Magazine. OMG! I fainted a little. To say that they are a little racy is a HUGE understatement!!!
Aye aye what a teaser. Oh what a playful teaser he is.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM

Here's article that accompanied Mookster's Detail Magazine Pics. I liked it.
American Idol singer Adam Lambert: Cover Stars: Details

Old 10-20-2009, 04:42 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
I just read the article in its entirety. Very, very smart, our Adam is.

"I don't want [my music] to be a political or social thing right away. Eventually I would love to mess with that, but it's a tricky, tricky road. There's a part of me that's a businessperson and part of me that's an artist, and the artist wants to push buttons and break boundaries, but the businessperson goes, 'Well, that doesn't really sell albums.' I don't want to alienate a bunch of people who would otherwise be into what I do."

I love his last comment..."It's going to be OK, it's really going to be OK." What a generous thing to say to someone. Kind and generous.

And I be gobsmacked!!!!! what a gorgeous pic of him... Very much like a pic I saw of James Dean..same kind of quality in it.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
And I be gobsmacked!!!!! what a gorgeous pic of him... Very much like a pic I saw of James Dean..same kind of quality in it.
I thought, young Marlon Brando in the era of "On the Waterfront" - yes, they did try to make it look the 30s-50s. There are more x-rated pics of him - just under the pic, see "Check out the wild photos of Adam Lambert in our slideshow" in the box.

As before, I can't believe he is what he is - what you see and hear is what you get, no coyness, no need to hide things, no blowing smoke.

I noticed a small mentioning of "[His new record] has the kind of catchy hooks designed to go platinum." Woo-hoo!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities